Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Year’s Safe Driving Resolution? Win a Drive Safer Kit with Liberty Insurance

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭demello

My main tip is:  Turn off the mobile phone when driving!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭endagibson

I'm going to drive 10 metres, stop, get out and have a look around for stuff before getting in and driving the next 10 metres. I'll repeat that until I reach my destination.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Patience and consideration. Unless its a life or death situation, wherever you are going and whatever you need to do is no more important than what anyone else on the road is doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭endagibson

My new resolution for safer driving in 2017 is to not close my eyes when driving at speeds greater than 30km/h.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

..reward those with good records, and especially advanced driving qualifications.

I have both IAM (car) and RoSPA (motorcycle) qualifications and I get a discount on my motorcycle insurance for it, but not my car.

And stop coming up with excuses for not insuring cars over 10 years old.  There is no data supporting that at all.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 trishaaaa_X

Mine would be to check the pressure of your tyres regularly! When i first started driving I never checked them and I badly damaged tyres because I was driving on them while they are flat which is costly and dangerous. Now, nearly every month I check the pressure of them at the garage

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

Checking all your lights are working once a week is a good shout! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Don't drive in Limerick!
    Gardai in road safety appeal as road deaths in Limerick rise by 250%
    http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/231927/gardai-in-road-safety-appeal-as-road-deaths-in-limerick-rise-by-250.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

I've started to bring a detailed map & road atlas as a backup with me. GPS has often let me down and can be dangerous in remote areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

Make sure you have a hi-vis jacket, warning triangle, torch, fire extinguisher, first aid kit in your vehicle at all times. You never know when you will need them. Also, inspect your spare wheel regularly and learn how your specific jack works before you have to get it to work on the side of the road at night.

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

This competition is now closed and a winner has been chosen. We'll post the name of the winner here once they have been notified :) 

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Got my car Winter Checked and I will drive legally and 'expect the unexpected'
    Congratulations to lotsofthegreen who is the winner of the Driver Safety Kit from Liberty Insurance :) 

Advertisement