Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Year’s Safe Driving Resolution? Win a Drive Safer Kit with Liberty Insurance

Options
  • 05-01-2017 5:31pm
    Company Representative Posts: 2 Verified rep

405502.png

A new year, a new you! The Christmas festivities have finally come to a close and you’re reflecting on 2016.

2017 is now here and we want to hear all about your new year’s safe driving resolutions! Be it slowing down, replacing your worn tyres or working on those bad habits you’ve picked up over the years.

In anticipation of a safer 2017, Liberty Insurance are offering a Drive Safer Kit (containing a warning triangle, torch, fire extinguisher, first aid kit and hi-vis vest) for the best New Year’s safe driving resolutions. #drivesafer

Post them in the thread below and we’ll pick the winner at the end of the month!

Liberty Insurance Ireland are focused on reducing road incidents and promoting safe driving across the country. For more information visit our Safety Centre at LibertyInsurance.ie for a variety of blog articles, videos and informative infographics!

Got questions about insurance or your policy? Our boards.ie Talk To reps are available Mon–Fri 9am-5pm. You can also find us on Twitter and Facebook.

If you’re a young driver looking for your first insurance policy, get a car insurance quote online now and get up to two months free! Acceptance criteria, terms and conditions apply.  Liberty Insurance dac is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.

By entering this competition, you agree to the Terms and Conditions.

Thanks,
    The Liberty Insurance Team

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Advbrd

How is a warning triangle, torch, fire extinguisher, first aid kit and hi-vis vest a drive safer kit?
    None of the listed items will improve safety while driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭rgfuller

My tip - Put mobile devices out of reach so the temptation to answer/look at while driving is removed

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

If you're focused on promoting safe driving, why not reward those who drive safe under your policies?

My fleet policy with you rose from €3,500 per year over 5 years to c€13,500 this year on a policy with no claims.

What you're promoting here is a breakdown safer kit, not a drive safer kit :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Advbrd

Agreed. This is quite simply advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Drive according to the conditions, doesnt have to be to the speed limits of the speed sign displaying it.

Give a bit more room from the car in front.

Also remember driving can still be  fun.

Happy motoring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

#drivesafer - obey the laws and common sense should be applied in an every day situations'.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Wow.

Those policy increases are obviously going towards the new social media team someone cooked up to help build bridges with the public. Enjoy that Liberty policy holders! :D

How low can you go for a prize? Aaaaand go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,297 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

I Had a policy with Quinn years ago, they they became liberty and pricing went crazy overnight unless you were a 42 year old female nurse from Clare called Sharon who drives a 900cc deathbox.

Which im not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

This is probably more for 2018 than 2017 as I've already broken it. 

Had my insurance renewal this week and I've decide I really shouldn't go to liberty for a quote again and then drive shortly after the mild heart attack I'd just had. It's not just my own personal safey I put at risk but also the lives of others. 

I'm really going to try hard next year to follow through on this committment. I'm ashamed of my actions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

Nothing but pie in the sky advertising.  Got a Quote from Liberty in December for fully comp.  They were 47% more expensive than the next highest quote. 1.6 Diesel Auto. 62year old and no claims ever.  

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

This is a competition thread, please only post entries to the competition. Anything else is off-topic and will be removed from here on in.

Thanks! 

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Well my new years motoring resolution is going well, so far I've gotten new tyres from a good brand, serviced the car, replaced some worn suspension parts and my dash cam is encouraging me to stay within the speed limits and not record myself being a TWAT. Still hasn't stopped others mind.

Anyway, can I have the kit for my boot?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

Got my car Winter Checked and I will drive legally and 'expect the unexpected'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

Drive: Safely, Smoothly, Progressively and Well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 smk321

My tip would be to take your phone out of your pocket and get one of those magnetic holders so you can use it handsfree for GPS before you start driving. 

There's nothing more infuriating than starting to drive and realising you don't know the way or having your phone in your pocket when a whatsapp group conversation is causing the phone to vibrate your leg off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Am I allowed to enter twice? It's not so much a tip for other drivers as it is for liberty.

If they could put together an app that would flag areas that their statistics show to be significantly more "claimy" than others then drivers could plan their journeys to avoid these blackspots.

Likewise for the professions that result in 20% loading or more over/under the average. Students might reconsider becoming engineers or whatever if a choice of profession was likely to turn them in to maniacal/woeful drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

stop tailgating

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭robbiew

Not die.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 NevadaPod

Listen to more classical music to reduce stress and promote a more relaxed driving style.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

My New Years driving tip is

Expect the unexpected, try to keep calm when other drivers make mistakes ( lack of indicating, pull out in front of you) etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

My New Years driving tip is

Expect the unexpected, try to keep calm when other drivers make mistakes ( lack of indicating, pull out in front of you) etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Drive to suit road/weather conditions no tailgating. Patient and courteous.ignore bad behaviour from other drivers.
    Basically, drive as i always do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

My tip avoid as many roads with speed bumps as possible so it doesnt damage your car...Limerick city is becoming a joke all at different heights no uniformity to their design. Doesnt matter how slow you go over speed bumps in Rhebogue they will damage your car..Insurance companies you need to start dealing with this issue ...its not all speed issues that are causing problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

My new years resolution is to drive slower and safer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

Give yourself your estimate time + an extra 10 minutes to get to your destination... ie dont rush

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Cupra280

#drivesafer Enjoy each journey, and do not react/engage in road-rage. Journey time will still remain the same!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

turn your foglights off in clear visibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭endagibson

I'm going to paint my car in high-vis colours, complete with reflective strips so that I can become even more visible.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Zelka

Remember pedestrians will not always be very visable watch out for dark clothed walkers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Zelka wrote: »
    Remember pedestrians will not always be very visable watch out for dark clothed walkers.
    Indeed. Drivers should note that many many many years after the invention of PIR sensors, the brightest lighting at many pedestrian crossings is the blinking light pointed directly at you to reduce your chance of spotting pedestrians just under it and about to step onto the crossing.

Advertisement