Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepay account

Options
  • 05-01-2017 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have just got my prepay meter installed today, I had switched from another prepay provider. On my meter it says that I had a €49.59 debt to be paid. I haven't been with electric ireland before and I have been with my old provider since I moved to this apartment 5 years ago. Any idea as to why this has come up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi AshC91,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Are you referring to an electricity or gas Pay As You Go meter?

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AshC91

Hi AshC91,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Are you referring to an electricity or gas Pay As You Go meter?

Thanks,
    Aoife

________
    Sorry, It's an electricity one. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi AshC91,

Thanks for confirming that an electricity Pay As You Go (PAYG) meter was installed in your property.

Could you advise when you started the switching process to Electric Ireland? The electricity supply at the property would have been taken over by Electric Ireland from the date and reading provided to complete the switch.

Once the process of switching your supply to Electric Ireland began, a code should have been provided to you by your previous supplier to deactivate any other prepayment meter at the property, or an arrangement should have been made with your last supplier to have their meter removed.

If this was not completed and you were topping up the meter belonging to the other supplier, while your supply was registered with Electric Ireland, then we would recommend contacting your last supplier directly, as they were charging you incorrectly. Customers cannot be charged for their electricity by two suppliers at once.

If your supply was registered with Electric Ireland, any payments should be made to Electric Ireland.

We can confirm when your property was registered to Electric Ireland, if you provide us with the following details by private message:
    • Your full name
    • Your Electric Ireland account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number and date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)
    Should you have any questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

Advertisement