Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What time did you go into labour?

Options
  • 05-01-2017 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

As the title says, what time did labour start for you?

I'm 39+2 on my second child. Contractions started at 7am on my daughter. I wonder will this time be the same!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

3pm ish with my first. 7 days overdue

2:30am with my second, 13 days overdue.

6am with my 3rd, 14 days overdue

9am with my 4th, 14 days overdue

Inducion with my 5th, started at 6am Labour started at 7pm. 7 days overdue

Pregnant with my 6th. Have to decide on induction or elective section.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

cbyrd wrote: »

You're a trooper!

I'm a FTM so have nothing to add other than that I'm paranoid about waters breaking in the middle of the night and ruining our good mattress!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

You're a trooper!

I'm a FTM so have nothing to add other than that I'm paranoid about waters breaking in the middle of the night and ruining our good mattress!

Don't worry. It's unusual for waters to go by themselves with no contractions. Most likely they'll break them in the hospital when they establish you are in labour

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭BriarPatch

You're a trooper!

Catriona you can buy special large pad things to go on your bed just in case! I had a couple of them on mine last time just on case and on my car seat!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I actually have no idea!!! I was induced and it was all rather drawn out so couldn't tell you when it actually started. Must request my notes, you've piqued my interest

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Waters broke on no. 1 round 8:30 pm..(in the bathroom :-) )...contractions started an hour later, just on arrival at the hospital.Two days overdue.

No.2 was a long slow buildup.Stopped and started for a few weeks beforehand.Full labour started at 4:30am the day I was due to be induced. Woke me up from my first night's sleep in quite a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Contractions started at 4.30am, 8 days overdue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Around 9pm with syntocin. I had gel before then and thought I was having contractions but turns out they were mini cramps ha. Had her at 7.41am next day. I was 13 days overdue by then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

BriarPatch wrote:
    Catriona you can buy special large pad things to go on your bed just in case! I had a couple of them on mine last time just on case and on my car seat!

I have a terry towelling waterproof mattress protector under the sheet just in case. Can be used later on when baba is toilet training too!

2 o'clock the morning I was due to go in for induction. Had to have waters broken in hosp. With the second, my waters went at 5 in the evening the day I was due and I thought it was just a sudden pee! They went again at 11 that night and contractions proper started an hour or two later. With this one, I've 10 days to go and I'm convinced every few hours that I'm starting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

You're a trooper!

Mine broke at 4 am i bed but i felt them pop before they came and flew out, 5 seconds later they gushed on bathroom floor, not a drop on the bed. I had to sit on a towel going to hospital just in case

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭happypants

cbyrd wrote: »

Wow you are some woman!! Six pregnancies and I've moaned my way through just two!! I'm shocked they let you go overdue by 14 days. I'll actually cry. Two more weeks and this child feels like he's gonna be huge!

I'd convinced myself that on my second pregnancy I'd go early, it's not looking that way I'll go full term and then some. Why don't babies want to come out anymore, so many friends have been induced over the last few weeks, it's something I want to avoid.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I can not remember..
    They were all born early morning but 2,3 and 4 were super quick deliveries.
    My 3 girls were early ,my boy was 10 days over.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Water broke at 9 pm. Sent home as no contractions. They kicked in about midnight and back in hospital by 9 am next morning. Baby born at 6.59 pm ! 11 days overdue!

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭chooey

Contractions started 11.50pm. In labour all night and went into hospital at about 4.30am and they broke my waters. Babies heart rate dropped quickly and they had to give me a general anaesthetic and do a section to get her out immediately. Thankfully she was fine and arrived a day early

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Mild contractions most of the afternoon, kicked into high gear around 10:30pm, my son was born just before 9am. He was 8 days overdue.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

My waters broke at home at 6.30am, no contractions but the liquid was a kind of green colour (I presumed meconium and was right). I showered and dressed and was at the hospital by 8.15. I was put on an oxytocin drip to induce contractions and my daughter was born at 5.10 that afternoon, 4 days early.

Advertisement