Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel options stansted to premier inn leister square

Options
  • 05-01-2017 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

Hotel booked for a few days in the summer and just trying to find easiest transport options for 4 from stansted to Leicester square hotel and back again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

batman1 wrote: »
    Hotel booked for a few days in the summer and just trying to find easiest transport options for 4 from stansted to Leicester square hotel and back again

Personally i would take the National Express A6 from Stansted to Golders Green Station. Then take the tube from Golders Green to Leicester Equare via the Northern Line. Book the national express online. Dont worry about making the correct bus as they will let you on the next one if you miss your booked time (assuming there is available seats)

Bus from Stansted - Golders Green takes about 1 hour and the tube journey is about 25 minutes.
    Reverse route for the way home.

Depending on your time of arrival Leicester Square station will be mental. If possible try and arrive during the day outside of rush ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Rome2rio.com is brilliant for that type of thing.

https://www.rome2rio.com/s/London-Stansted-Airport-STN/Premier-Inn-London-Leicester-Square

If you're traveling with children and / or luggage a private transfer will probably work out nearly as cheap and a whole lot easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Normally I'd just pre-book the train to Liverpool Street (quicker, big discount if booked in advance, depart more frequently than buses) and then get the Central Line to Tot Court Road and walk the last 5 minutes (could get Northern for one stop if feeling especially lazy).

Travelling with 3 others I'd suspect a taxi may be better/cheaper option.

theteal wrote: »
    Normally I'd just pre-book the train to Liverpool Street (quicker, big discount if booked in advance, depart more frequently than buses) and then get the Central Line to Tot Court Road and walk the last 5 minutes (could get Northern for one stop if feeling especially lazy).

Travelling with 3 others I'd suspect a taxi may be better/cheaper option.

Ya but 4 people taking the train, for a little bit more they could book a taxi. You can get a taxi into leicester square for about £85 if you book in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Ya but 4 people taking the train, for a little bit more they could book a taxi. You can get a taxi into leicester square for about £85 if you book in advance.

Oh I agree, said as much at the end of my last post. That is until a minute ago when I actually looked at the Stansted Express site....advance booked return *4 adults comes to £98 total. Add the tube fares on top but they're likely gonna have to pay those to get around London anyway. That's very tempting compared to a £85 taxi one way.

Then I came across the Group Offer Standard Class Return ticket that costs £56 and covers 4 people from what I've read - nearly seems too good to be true but unless I'm reading it arseways is a cracking deal. I picked a random date of Jan 27th. Im very tired, am I reading it wrong?

• Advertisement

theteal wrote: »
    Oh I agree, said as much at the end of my last post. That is until a minute ago when I actually looked at the Stansted Express site....advance booked return *4 adults comes to £98 total. Add the tube fares on top but they're likely gonna have to pay those to get around London anyway. That's very tempting compared to a £85 taxi one way.

Then I came across the Group Offer Standard Class Return ticket that costs £56 and covers 4 people from what I've read - nearly seems too good to be true but unless I'm reading it arseways is a cracking deal. I picked a random date of Jan 27th. Im very tired, am I reading it wrong?

No youre right. That group offer is insanely good value and the OP should absolutely be using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭batman1

Having looked closer I am considering cancelling the Leicester square premier inn and booking the kings cross one instead.
    It appears to be close to the stop for the stansted citylink bus and is also £100 cheaper.

Is kings cross as good a place to stay in terms of access to main areas etc ?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

King's Cross is a great part of town to stay. You have the Metropolitan, District, Hammersmith & City, Northern, Victoria and Piccadilly lines (as well as the Thameslink train and buses) to get you anywhere across town (which is also helpful if any of the lines are closed for maintenance works). I think it's a much better option than Leicester Square, and you'll only be four stops from LS anyway.

Advertisement