Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Commercial BER - Nursing Home Extension

• 05-01-2017 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm working on a nursing home extension which is effectively doubling in size. I am trying to interpret the Building Regulations Part L, particularly Table 2 on the Elemental Heat Loss Method. There are two columns of maximum average U-values, one for new buildings and extensions, and the other for material alterations.

Does anyone know which figures would need to be applied in this scenario, or even point me in the right direction to where I could get confirmation on this?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Non domestic 08 regs
    Extension column

Are you an arch tech?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Doorin14

The original building was for domestic use, pre92, and converted to a nursing home, which is now being extended. Under Part L, is the entire structure now subject to the same limits as set out in Table 1 and 2, extension column, or is it just the new part of the building?

Not an arch tech, I'm an engineer - does that matter?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Doorin14 wrote: »
    The original building was for domestic use, pre92, and converted to a nursing home, which is now being extended. Under Part L, is the entire structure now subject to the same limits as set out in Table 1 and 2, extension column, or is it just the new part of the building?

Not an arch tech, I'm an engineer - does that matter?

Just the extension

Re arch tech, just interested to know in what design capacity your operating. And a little surprised at the OP.

Edit: just the extension assuming existing is not materially being altered

Advertisement