Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BDO World Championship 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Well done Durrant. An enjoyable Final. Was hoping Noppert would win it but he played very well for his first appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭tanko

I thought that was disappointing, it was the final after all. Noppert really fell apart after a decent start.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Great match. Think Durrant just held his nerve that bit better than Noppert.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Well done Duzza, best of luck when you play the big boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,009 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Decent final but nerves got better of both of them at times. Durrant a worthy winner though and nice bloke.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Enjoyable game of darts.

Pity Noppert couldn't pinch another set or two. Towards the end he kept breaking Durrant and then losing on his own throw. You could see how frustrated he was becoming with himself, constantly looking over to his coach and shaking his head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Enjoyable game of darts.

Pity Noppert couldn't pinch another set or two. Towards the end he kept breaking Durrant and then losing on his own throw. You could see how frustrated he was becoming with himself, constantly looking over to his coach and shaking his head.

I was wondering if having his coach there was more of a hindrance than a help at times. Might have been better to just get on with it and not be constantly looking over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

wonder will durrant change his mind and stay bdo
    looked wrote all over his face

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Lads, what sort of averages did they have in the final, anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

sc86 wrote: »
    wonder will durrant change his mind and stay bdo
    looked wrote all over his face

Is that prize money forfeit lark still about for switching over?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Lads, what sort of averages did they have in the final, anyone know?

http://www.bdodarts.com/images/bdo-content/events/2017/world-pro/FinalGlenDurrantDannyNoppert56.pdf

Full stats here :)

Fair play to Glen he deserved that win.

My 11/2 bet on noppie went down but at least i got a run for my money

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Bunting and Mervyn broke the rules, but I don't know if they lost money out of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

One thing I really liked about the BDO was after 6 or 7 perfect darts out of 9,the crowd applauded rather than boo'd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Wonder will C4 be doing any more BDO this year. Think the only way BDO will survive and grow is with televised competitions. Especially if Durrant does go to the PDC as he was hinting. Sad thing is that they will never draw the same crowd in the smaller competitions as the PDC would.

Despite all the popularity, sponsorship, showmanship and coverage the PDC has, I prefer watching BDO. It's the roots of darts in Europe and where so many pros got their first taste of high level play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

gitzy16v wrote: »
    One thing I really liked about the BDO was after 6 or 7 perfect darts out of 9,the crowd applauded rather than boo'd.

The crowd in the PDC clearly do that as a joke and I'm sure the players know that.

never was forfeit, was just a threat

durrant has said he is staying out of respect for the trophy

watchin him lift it and talk afterwords it was worlds away from mvg this year
    bdo has more of a normal joe soap everyday person winning 100k feal to it
    its something the pdc side will never really have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

The crowd in the PDC clearly do that as a joke and I'm sure the players know that.

Your not wrong,still prefer applause rather than boos.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

durrant has said he is staying out of respect for the trophy

watchin him lift it and talk afterwords it was worlds away from mvg this year
    bdo has more of a normal joe soap everyday person winning 100k feal to it
    its something the pdc side will never really have

That's because the PDC are mainly professional sportsmen.

The BDO is more like high level amateur. A lot more players have jobs there and just play darts on the side.

Also think it's a bad move by Durrant. He has said he wants to try the PDC, if he doesn't do it now he never will I reckon.

http://www.live-darts.com/category/bdo-darts-news/durrant-opts-out-of-pdc-switch-20170116-0002/

thats his statement
    i actually can see his view

1 more year might not make that much difference
    he also would lose his grand slam place if he left

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

I don't think he'll ever make the switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭celt262

Why you say that?

because the bdo are allowed give 6 or 8 spots
    if he left the bdo he would be no longer a bdo choice for a spot

He's made a nice bit in the past month.

£25k for the World Masters.

Zuiderduin is not listed, but we can assume that it's over 10k considering its status as a Major.

Now the 100k for the world's. Durrant is sorted for the year. He'll also be doing more exbos and maybe attracting more sponsors or improving his current deals.

He should enjoy this year as the world champion and maybe think about Q school again in 12 months if he still wants to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

because the bdo are allowed give 6 or 8 spots
    if he left the bdo he would be no longer a bdo choice for a spot

The BDO don't get a choice who's in the Grand Slam, they are invited. It's a PDC tournament with PDC qualification rules.

He's better off defending his title imo. Bunting was head and shoulders above the rest too in the BDO and is top 16 in pdc and I think Bunting is a better player than Durant.

Plus he seems to be a very emotional player and a few crushing defeats could derail his professional career fairly fast.

the bdo chose what bdo players go
    pdc chose criteria for pdc players to enter

sure the 2015 tournament it was a running joke that because of the bdo selection process their own world number 1
    which was durrant at the time - did not qualify

I think the BDO should extend the olive branch this year and allow PDC cardholders attempt to qualify for the World Masters.

There seems to be somewhat better relations these days. Wolfie accepting his invite in 15 and 16 to the GSOD was a big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

the bdo chose what bdo players go
    pdc chose criteria for pdc players to enter

sure the 2015 tournament it was a running joke that because of the bdo selection process their own world number 1
    which was durrant at the time - did not qualify

Sorry you're wrong. PDC tournament BDO players are all invited not selected by the BDO.

Selection process at bottom of page. GSOD 2016 field

bdo select the criteria for which bdo players are invited

your link only shows what bdo players were in the event so im not sure what thats about?

we can agree to disagree - i can google the info for you later if you wish

its a pdc tournament yes and pdc choose how many places the bdo get but they do not select the bdo players

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Advertisement