Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BDO World Championship 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Noppert looks like the early version of Bart Simpson.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Loving this match give it ten minutes and it could all change again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Fitton hanging in there and though he's done well to pull level I think Noppert will pull away and probably win 6-3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

The Dazzler is surprising me, playing solid still fancy Noppert though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Cmon Fitton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

C'mon Norbert

Noppert is like ice under pressure

Mighty finish to take the set.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,703 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Streppy wrote: »
    Throw your picture up there so we can have a look. Disgusting comments.

Ha ha ha. Sorry I touched a nerve

Noppert looks like the early version of Bart Simpson.

I was thinking Tin Tin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

if fitton was better at doubles he would be sorted

I do believe I called it in post #244 :pac:

Bring on Durrant for the final, think DN has the measure of him. Does not seem to get rattled at all.

Fitton has a fair point about whoever wins the bull having an advantage as they go first at the start of every mini sesssion.

Well played Duzza, but Hughes was simply awful on doubles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Streppy wrote: »
    Throw your picture up there so we can have a look. Disgusting comments.

Agree 100%

The comments made about the women players here are just pathetic. It's mostly been about how they look from the same couple of idiots. I'm a bit sad to see it has been allowed to continue.

I sincerely doubt that the people making these comments could even come close to competing with the women players, maybe they feel threatened by that, I don;t know. I do know that it's really crude, sexist, misogynistic and frankly embarrassing to have to read those comments here.

You should show some respect for these players no matter what gender they are. It's a game of darts not a feckin beauty contest!

Agree 100%

The comments made about the women players here are just pathetic. It's mostly been about how they look from the same couple of idiots. I'm a bit sad to see it has been allowed to continue.

I sincerely doubt that the people making these comments could even come close to competing with the women players, maybe they feel threatened by that, I don;t know. I do know that it's really crude, sexist, misogynistic and frankly embarrassing to have to read those comments here.

You should show some respect for these players no matter what gender they are. It's a game of darts not a feckin beauty contest!

The men get it the whole time on this threads, I remember people saying how old Dean Winstanley looked even though he was only in his early 30s. Not a word was mentioned about it been inappropriate.

I'm sure a lot worse is said to and about these women in the pubs and clubs all over the UK. Anyway if you call yourself the Lancashire Rose, allow me to critique how rosey you look!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Thread has taken a strange turn.

Should be a good final tomorrow.

Hope Durrant gets it done, chance one or even both might switch to the PDC after it's over.

• Site Banned Posts: 32 Streppy

Agree 100%

Agree completely.

You'd usually read those type of comments on Facebook where the class of poster is zero, but not on Boards, really surprised to see it's gone unpunished.

Lisa Ashton is a fantastic thrower and from what I know of her, a classy lady. Really disappointed to read those comments in the aftermath of becoming a world champion for the third time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

Let's not go critiquing people on the strength of stage names - or usernames for that matter. Plenty of hands could be slapped on those counts!

Fair enough, physique is going to be worthy of comment but 'rating' darts players on a sexual level .... seriously?? Go elsewhere if you wanna do that please. Not gonna bother with warnings other than this post. You should know better and more of the same = ban.

geln durrant seams a top bloke, interviews really well
    looking at him play he looks a grumpy sod

i wonder will this change his plans to switch to pdc
    from what i read he has serious job and doesnt need to go full time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

sc86 wrote:
    i wonder will this change his plans to switch to pdc from what i read he has serious job and doesnt need to go full time

Better off keeping the steady job and staying top dog in the BDO than joining the PDC circus.

case885 wrote: »
    Better off keeping the steady job and staying top dog in the BDO than joining the PDC circus.

I think so too. Not sure how Glen would cope with the screaming masses of the PDC.

gramar wrote: »
    I think so too. Not sure how Glen would cope with the screaming masses of the PDC.

Why stay in the BDO if there is a better league in the PDC.I think he will be under pressure to make it to the top 8 in the pdc and reckon Noppert would do better over there. I hope Noppert wins today but whatever the result hope it's a great match.

id say if he never switch he will also have that what if question in his head

the facts are even if you are top 32 in pdc you make a hell of alot more money than the bdo number 1
    plus if you dont win lakeside your making peanuts

world championships

bdo final loser 25k
    pdc 1st round looser 10k

bdo total prizemoney 300k
    pdc 1.6 million

plus theres loads of 100k winner majors or 10k players championships
    bdo has mostly 5k winner micky mouse tournament out in eastern europe

its worlds apart

from what i see durrant is much better player than noppart
    but noppart is 26 so much more in him for future years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

The top 16 will clean up the majority of the prize money in the pdc look at Bunting who earned very little prize money last year.

bunting 185 k sterling over 2 years isnt bad

thats without exhabition work which is a nice earner

you trying to tell me youd earn that in the bdo if you world no 1?
    youd have to win 1 lakeside and the winmau masters twice over the 2 years along with few smaller tournaments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

What sort of sponsorship money would darts players get?

In the last 2 years 38 players have won more than 100k in prize money which is pretty good money in fairness.

• Advertisement

I don't see Durrant at this tournament a better player than Noppert, he is over the course of the season but at this tournament thus far no way.

Advertisement