Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tommy Tiernan Show Thread - Mod warning, see OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,849 ✭✭✭billyhead

Seemed like a sound chap. He has integrated well into the Irish culture and society. These are the type we should welcome with open arms compared to the spongers, chancers and frauds.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Opposite end of the feel good spectrum now

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Lundstram wrote: »
    He is the type of lad we should be welcoming to Ireland. Great lad.

That’s not really how it works

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Is this yer one from the flats

I think she lives in Donegal

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

He is a good lad, defo had a few bottles in the green room haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Summer2020

Terrible guests this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

She wants more travellers to finish secondary education. From my experience there is nobody stopping them from doing that only themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

He is a good lad, defo had a few bottles in the green room haha

Fair play if he did. He was a very likeable lad. And buying a house in Dublin on his own, fair fux.

To thine own self be true

She wants more travellers to finish secondary education. From my experience there is nobody stopping them from doing that only themselves.

Yep. So its a good thing that as she is saying this as a role model.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Tommy will not ask hard questions

• Advertisement

Yep. So its a good thing that she is saying this as a role model.

Fair play to her. If she makes a change in that respect I’ll be stunned. Literally stunned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Oops!

Jasus the poor girls nerves are in bits!

It’s a good opportunity not to ask those questions to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

Watch this space. Redevelopment of Labre Park on cards now.

It’s a good opportunity not to ask those questions to be honest

I would agree. It’s probably not the objective of this interview

Fair play to her. If she makes a change in that respect I’ll be stunned. Literally stunned.

Its obviously going to take a lot more than her as 1 person. The point is she is highlighting education as a role model to other travellers and thats a good thing.

Terry Pratchet

White settled people?

This is Ireland ffs

Get off the stage

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

If you don't know by now that it isn't what he sets out to do - disuade guests of their opinions - you haven't been watching long enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Tommy likes travelers
    She not very articulate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Icsics

Travellers are getting too much for nothing, there seems to be no expectation that they work for a living

• Advertisement

I would agree. It’s probably not the objective of this interview

Yeah I’m learning more by letting it flow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Tommy style is to encourage people to open up and talk....not to answer questions.....let a conversation start

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

If anyone acts the maggot in a bar, they tend to be refused service thereafter and their reputation follows them around. No matter what their background.

And I know a few Travellers who don't suffer any discrimination in pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

She is calling settled people 'White settle people'. What the hell?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Oops!

White settled people? Ah here.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Knacker drinking is drinking in a park or field not binge drinking thats alcoholism

She is calling settled people 'White settle people'. What the hell?

How does it feel? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,297 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Tiernan is a genius in this format. It's a very difficult ad-hoc role but he does it so so well. The interviews are always captivating.

At the same time I can't help thinking he really wants to tell his traveller-mother-in-hospital joke :)

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

If anyone acts the maggot in a bar, they tend to be refused service thereafter and their reputation follows them around. No matter what their background.

And I know a few Travellers who don't suffer any discrimination in pubs.

That’s it isn’t it. They have a reputation for a reason. It’s not as if it’s completely unjustified. I’m sure there are ok travellers out there but I’ve never met one. Anyway, it’s prob a larger debate and I’ll be told I’m wrong so moving on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,870 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Tommy wouldn't even tell us a traveller joke

Advertisement