Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tommy Tiernan Show Thread - Mod warning, see OP

Options

Comments

dobman88 wrote: »
    Used to have only 2 guests also, so trying to get the 3rd in is meaning even less time.

He always had three..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I didn't see last week. Anyone give me a synopsis?

Brenda fricker was on first. She had a couple of stories about receiving and presenting an Oscar, nice easy watch.

Then we had a guy who studies law who came from Nigeria when he was young. Massive chip on his shoulder about the question "where are you from" totally played racist card, failing to grasp that pretty much every irish person asks every other irish person the same question unless they were in the same primary school class.....it was a painful watch.

Then David Norris was on, nothing new in his interview, it was fine.

Then some rap group, once again painful watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Arduach

That's understandable, he wouldn't have worn them in Iraq growing up ;)

Lisha wrote: »
    Leave off, he is dressed the exact same as most young fellas in Ireland of his age group.

I think you're jumping in and have taken me up all wrong. Just referring to the hot weather and sandals in Arabia. Socks/no socks..who cares, non issue for me. Funny thing is I know Zac well through my work and Lory Meagher promotion. You seem a bit stressed.. You probably should think twice before jumping in with accusatory posts. I'm sure you'll get all the thanks you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

He always had three..

Fair enough. Thought it used to be 2 in previous seasons. Ty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭HBC08

dobman88 wrote: »
    Used to have only 2 guests also, so trying to get the 3rd in is meaning even less time.

Always had 3 from my memory.
    The show tonight was great,could have done without the fashionable senator and "Jinx" Lennon though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Good show last night, Mary was very interesting and open about her life, similar to Brenda last week, could listen to them for longer. Zak came across really well, lovely fella, with a really positive can do attitude, a hard start to life but really made the effort to integrate into Irish society and reaping the benefits now, not looking at every chance to play the racism card unlike the guy from last week who clearly just wants to blame any set back in life on racism. The traveller senator had a few good points about travellers finishing education, but, a bit too much victimhood too from her. Had to turn off jinxy fella, absolutely atrocious

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LilacNails

I feel the likes of Brenda F and Mary C are people we could really do with hearing more of, because they are open to admitting their struggles and managed to get on with life. A lot of people can definitely relate to them.

Their interviews were raw honest and real. More power to them. Would love to see them on the screen again soon, and for a longer time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Tommy likes travelers
    She not very articulate

Tommie is a solid establishment leftie behind it all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Mad_maxx wrote: »

1000%, that's why he got a job in RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,543 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Aren't a lot of people in Ireland.
    In general we don't want the homosexual's to die, happy for them to get married, okay with abortion, not overly gone on the death penalty, ok with foreigners etc.
    Who do you want An evening with Gemma O'Dorothy?

elperello wrote: »
    Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

good for Tommys career anyway

In general we don't want the homosexual's to die, happy for them to get married, okay with abortion, not overly gone on the death penalty, ok with foreigners etc.

well its obviously a case of either or

• Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭elperello

good for Tommys career anyway

Aside from Tommy's career do you have an issue with "solid establishment lefties" in general?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

OK with abortion is such a strange sentence. I voted 5o repeal but very odd way to describe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

An evening with Gemma would be great craic, maybe just one special though not a series

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

An evening with Gemma would be great craic, maybe just one special though not a series

I'd say Tommy would be good at interviewing her

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

It would actually. Would be great for somebody to try and see how she rationalises the world.
    Announce Tommy and there wouldn't be enough popcorn in the country. :)

It would actually. Would be great for somebody to try and see how she rationalises the world.
    Announce Tommy and there wouldn't be enough popcorn in the country. :)

She’s in an echo chamber now and can say what she likes . Would be great to see her grilled :)

She’s in an echo chamber now and can say what she likes . Would be great to see her grilled :)

She'd just pull out her phone and say she's live streaming.

• Advertisement

She'd just pull out her phone and say she's live streaming.

"so who are you"
    " i don;t have to answer that as a free woman of ireland under the constitution....bla "

• Registered Users Posts: 13,787 ✭✭✭✭briany

I liked that 'Jinx' Lennon guy. Someone who'd certainly flown under my radar until he showed up on TT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Not this muppet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

B*stard. Hit out to dry on the first guest. Was looking forward to it and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

What a kick in the balls to see this knob on. Come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

I used not like Baz so much before but I think he's decent enough really.

I think we've had the worst guest of the series!

Uggghh..Baz..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,285 ✭✭✭Cody montana

mgn wrote: »
    Not this muppet again.

I immediately changed the channel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I think Baz is a lovely, genuine fella but come on, get out of your hoodie for your appearance on a TV interview.
    Maybe the producer just pulled him off the corridor as a stand in for the real guest?

To thine own self be true

Advertisement