Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tommy Tiernan Show Thread - Mod warning, see OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Hmob

johnayo wrote: »
    I'm surprised that she would name some of the people that appeared before her in court.

Think she was a bit excited at the start

AMKC wrote: »
    I totally disagree. Best interview all evening. The other two were just boring as dishwater but at least BOD was a great Rugby player I think the second one lived in some boring dreamland of his but this one is very interesting and insightful. Wish she had of been at Naas Court a few years ago.

Rea was my favorite

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Pretty sure this is the only thing I've seen Rea in.

That AE Mak was good, catchy tune. Up there with the best Thomas has had on.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Did she not marry
    Actually she married but it broke up and she never met anyone else.
    Nope she had no time for all that rubbish.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Arduach wrote: »
    Sam's Girl

That interview link below. It was more mad Tommy than reflective Tommy.

Thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭dmc17

sugarman wrote: »
    I think that was the first music act I got all the way through this season.

Once you got through the first verse the rest was pretty much all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

johnayo wrote: »
    I'm surprised that she would name some of the people that appeared before her in court.

All public knowledge I would say.

Once she’s retired she can probably say what she wants. Would like to have heard longer with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

AMKC wrote: »
    Imagine in some alternate reality she did but Phil Lennet in Jail. Maybe he would have wrote great songs while in it .....

Maybe, he would have a single and an album called "Jailbreak"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭BlondeBomb

Did she not marry

I think she said she was and that they separated.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,299 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Superb show. Makes Saturday night a pleasure.

A bit of Love/Hate afterwards is no harm either :) Frano and Nidgey not getting along...

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Have to say this show is becoming my favourite show on a Saturday night. I think the whole format works really well and Tommy is a great interviewer. You never know what sort of thoughts are going through his head before he starts asking particular questions. Also hats off to the researchers/producers for coming up with some really interesting and very different guests.

Definitely the best show for me and something I’d look forward to every week. I hope they don’t take it too far down the route of Hello Magazine type of guest that the Late Late does, but it did redeem itself last night after in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LilacNails

I agree also, I look forward to it every sat night.

Only negative is it's wwayyy too short!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Never watched this show before, it was very good i have to say.

Stephen Rea has a fine head of hair for a man of 74, probably not the easiest guest to interview and Tommy did well to draw him out as much as he did.

Would have been interesting if he asked the judge more about what happened when that scumbag Smith appeared before her.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

Never watched this show before, it was very good i have to say.

Stephen Rea has a fine head of hair for a man of 74, probably not the easiest guest to interview and Tommy did well to draw him out as much as he did.

Would have been interesting if he asked the judge more about what happened when that scumbag Smith appeared before her.

74! He looks 20 years younger

eric hoone wrote: »
    74! He looks 20 years younger

Not really

Definitely the best show for me and something I’d look forward to every week. I hope they don’t take it too far down the route of Hello Magazine type of guest that the Late Late does, but it did redeem itself last night after in fairness.

Yeah..

This is what kind of struck me last night..

Is it going to just turn into the TV show the b list celebs go onto to have a "genuine", "honest", "touching" interview with Tommy..

The odd guest is starting to come across as being a bit contrived..

Like it's not full on "tell me about the cancer" late late, but I think it's maybe almost reached a point where it's kind of a delicate balance.. Hopefully they'll stop it before it gets trite..

Is it fixed or does he not know the guest list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

He should do an interview swap with Tubs. Tubs interviews him on The TT show and vice versa! Shake it up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭elperello

saabsaab wrote: »
    He should do an interview swap with Tubs. Tubs interviews him on The TT show and vice versa! Shake it up a bit.

That's a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

elperello wrote: »
    That's a good idea.

Thank you Sir!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

I just watched the interview with Stephen Rea. It's time. It's time to banish the Ryan Tubridy and Pat Kenny era of The Late Late Show, and give the show back to somebody who represents what it is to be Irish - Funny, sincere, and a troubled man himself (therefore genuinely empathetic). Please somebody, for the love of God, move Tubridy to children's TV and give the show to an entertainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

I just watched the interview with Stephen Rea. It's time. It's time to banish the Ryan Tubridy and Pat Kenny era of The Late Late Show, and give the show back to somebody who represents what it is to be Irish - Funny, sincere, and a troubled man himself (therefore genuinely empathetic). Please somebody, for the love of God, move Tubridy to children's TV and give the show to an entertainer.

Agree. It'll never happen though. The late late is tubs gig until such time as he decides different. He's one of the sacred cows as is joe Duffy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

He would never do the late Late. What makes the show so neat is fact it's edited really tightly.

Tubridy talks too much on the LLS without saying anything at all. He just seems so insincere.

The worst are the music shows where he sits in asking stupid questions, he's had potentially great shows where he should let them play non stop for half an hour, but instead he will ask stupid questions about lockdown and things that have a "great sense if Irishness". He's a lightweight.

Funniest was when they had Glen Hansard and lots of other musicians for that Xmas busk, they finished up with a group song but took them a while to get set up so Tubs had air to fill and awkwardly went back to remainder of guests and just turned to one of them and said " I'll talk to you again how are you getting on" Or something to that effect.

Came across as so insincere like he was done with them and wasn't able to think on his feet and everything beforehand was phoney

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

True and I'm a big "Tommy" fan myself.
    But it's only fair to realise that Tommy's show is prerecorded and heavily edited.
    A lot of soccer games, are better on "Match of the Day" than "live". :D

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭raspberrypi67

@E at interviewing....
    TT annoys the F out of me with the poker eye look that the idiot gives people , as if being serious makes
    for a good interview...hed want to wake up and smell the comedy....we need a laugh...ffs...

tommy comes across like a priest in a confession box. He's like the opening scene in Calvary! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

@E at interviewing....
    TT annoys the F out of me with the poker eye look that the idiot gives people , as if being serious makes
    for a good interview...hed want to wake up and smell the comedy....we need a laugh...ffs...

The staged stories and faux bon homie (which I enjoy too, but I know what I am watching) on Graham Norton might be for you?

Some of the laughs I have had watching Tommy's show have been very special so have to disagree. Plenty of everything on it.

Advertisement