Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tommy Tiernan Show Thread - Mod warning, see OP

Options

Comments

Yeah I agree.

Find the Irish rap scene gas. Singing about growing up in a country that is, by and large, good to live in. Even for those "at the wrong side of the tracks" so to speak, with the generous welfare system and lenient courts.

These Irish rap snowflakes wouldn't last five minutes in an actual ghetto.

What has that got to do with the price of jam?

Plenty of people from an actual ghetto wouldn't last five minutes in the favelas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

What’s this last lad on about?? I think he’s watched inception a few too many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Funny lads talking about rap from ghettos not realising there are only about 2 genuine street rap artists and the rest are wannabes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 353 ✭✭discodiva92

vicwatson wrote: »
    Some of the comments on here about Dave Balfe are not short of poison. Grow the f up people

That's the think with putting yourself out there in public you have to accept judge ment and opinions

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Fine Cheers

Didn't enjoy the interview or the music but certainly going to check out his other performances mentioned. Really enjoyed Marian Keyes and as for Gerry fron the zoo, as someone already said - he's a talker !!
    But overall from Tubs on Fri night to TT last night, fairly dark stuff. Norton and Ross on a different level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

DIY KING wrote: »
    Didn't enjoy the interview or the music but certainly going to check out his other performances mentioned. Really enjoyed Marian Keyes and as for Gerry fron the zoo, as someone already said - he's a talker !!
    But overall from Tubs on Fri night to TT last night, fairly dark stuff. Norton and Ross on a different level.

Yeah I heard he was amazing on jools holland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭qwerty13

There’s something about MK that doesn’t convince me. I can’t put my finger on whether she just tries too hard, or the repeated comments such as “I’d look like Peig”. We all know that she doesn’t look remotely like Peig, is highly into make-up and clothes etc if you’ve ever seen any pics of her. There’s just something that feels a bit off about her conversation, like she’s playing up to a stereotype or imagined role of “see, I’m so ordinary really”.

It’s not that I find her annoying. Just a bit over the top, or an exaggerated persona. When she said the thing about reinventing herself at each new school, I wondered if she’s still doing that now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

qwerty13 wrote: »

It’s not that I find her annoying. Just a bit over the top, or an exaggerated persona. When she said the thing about reinventing herself at each new school, I wondered if she’s still doing that now.

I found the show okay it wasn't up there with the others for me. I said the same about MK to my wife I thought she was acting up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭qwerty13

iano.p wrote: »
    I found the show okay it wasn't up there with the others for me. I said the same about MK to my wife I thought she was acting up

It was like she went along with the ‘TT doesn’t know who he’s going to be interviewing’ to the point that she was pretending that she didn’t know that she was going to be interviewed. And as IF she didn’t plan her “I can’t Botox me arse” comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LilacNails

Same thoughts here about MK, I find her too OTT and fond of attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,862 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Philomena Begley....

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I think Philomena always comes across like a complete dragon.

She’s not giving him much at all. The IRA question seemed like a bit of desperation for something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Tommy will undoubtedly be rewarded for this format, when it's eventually buried, forever. and I suppose, fair play - it aint an easy one, and I'm sure the soft-drink fueled decision to go with a show "where ya don't even know who's coming on!" still makes poor aul Tommy shudder each week.

but the beret and scarf?

Pat Ingoldsby and his em, uniqueness, has passed. Please, let such uniqueness RIP.

Please Tommy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

snoozefest!

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

Could listen to Philomena for hours

Nice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Scratchly

This feels a bit like when that relation you haven't seen in years arrives for a visit and stays all night talking ****e at the kitchen table. Well... Minus the song.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

She still has that permanent scowl on her face.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

ArtSmart wrote: »
    Tommy will undoubtedly be rewarded for this format, when it's eventually buried, forever. and I suppose, fair play - it aint an easy one, and I'm sure the soft-drink fueled decision to go with a show "where ya don't even know who's coming on!" still makes poor aul Tommy shudder each week.

but the beret and scarf?

Pat Ingoldsby and his em, uniqueness, has passed. Please, let such uniqueness RIP.

Please Tommy

The wife was just saying the beret and scarf is so stylish looking

Have to agree, he looks the part

• Advertisement

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I think Philomena always comes across like a complete dragon.

I was thinking the same kind of..

But that verse was kind of nice..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Scratchly wrote: »
    This feels a bit like when that relation you haven't seen in years arrives for a visit and stays all night talking ****e at the kitchen table. Well... Minus the song.

The kind you wished you’d never invited in....coz you didn’t think they’d stay longer than 10 minutes ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

Middle guest is always the big hitter. Let's see who it is.

Bono? Pat Kenny?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

The wife was just saying the beret and scarf is so stylish looking

Have to agree, he looks the part
    Yes, but which part?

Come clean Tommy, lose the cap, the scarf, and get out the razor. The Wispy Gypsy* look, just isn't you.

* AKA: "I JUST MISSED THE WATERBOYS' BUZZ IN

GALWAY, BUT I WAS THERE IN SPIRIT LADS," LOOK)

I love her outfit.

ArtSmart wrote: »
    Yes, but which part?

Come clean Tommy, lose the cap, the scarf, and get out the razor. The Wispy Gypsy* look, just isn't you.

* AKA: "I JUST MISSED THE WATERBOYS' BUZZ IN

GALWAY, BUT I WAS THERE IN SPIRIT LADS," LOOK)

Ehmmm....right.....

Is she wearing like a fancy pyjamas or something?..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭liam7831

Some gut on Fred

This wan seems all over the shop

• Advertisement

Who is she though?

Advertisement