Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tommy Tiernan Show Thread - Mod warning, see OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Is this RTE’s attempt to sabotage Tommy’s show to stifle the talk of him one day hosting the Late Late?!?

You could be on to something there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭Shelby Foote

The best wine til last!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,862 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I've about three quarters of an acre of a garden, I fenced off a quarter of it and just let it grow. Didn't do it for the bees, done it because there was too much fecking grass to be cutting

• Registered Users Posts: 82,564 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

That’s quite the leap.

Have a look around your garden this summer, they are nearly exterminated.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭Shelby Foote

Very like The Plains of Kildare and stewball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,564 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Love/Hate on next, it's when 'Terence Big Balls' comes to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

She has quite a big wiki page.

I'm a bit disappointed he didn't ask about her background more.

Her wiki page talks about how her father was a soil scientist and of a formative experience when she got into the nature stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Have a look around your garden this summer, they are nearly exterminated.

I read before humans have 4 years to live after the last bee dies

• Registered Users Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Sure with no more honey what we do. There would be Wars for the last honey left on the planet lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

AMKC wrote: »
    Sure with no more honey what we do. There would be Wars for the last honey left on the planet lol.

So you think bees are just good for the honey? Read up on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Mot enjoying this song. Your one seemed sound
    Your man at the beginning was not bad either if only the two in the middle bad of been better. I am afraid some one has to say what we might we all thinking and maybe even thought that "The Late Late show" was actually better this weekend than The Tommy Tiernan show.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Just reading the comments here,I am glad I changed channel when Liam Cunningham was asked by Tommy, what other chat shows has he been on ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

She made a very good point. Modern gardens are fake looking. I blame the French. We need to let a lot more land go wild.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭ax530

Arc - leave garden to grow as it wants, Westport house have hired her to turn it into an arc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Would it be worse than the bog roll shortage at the beginning of covid, now that's what I call panic

• Registered Users Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

She made a very good point. Modern gardens are fake looking. I blame the French. We need to let a lot more land go wild.

she's not been to my house !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,765 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Music act was the strongest thing this week

Felt Tommy didn't know where to lead Liam Cunningham. Feel there's more interesting stuff not being told there.

Not familiar with 2 Johnnies, but they'd next to nothing to say, and weren't remotely interesting when saying it.

And final guest, something contradictory about the final guests story.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,189 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

bla.bla.b wrote: »
    Who are the target audience for these fellas? Teenagers / Students? They remind me of the Hardy Bucks from 10 years ago.

GAA Bantersauras' and the lads who (thankfully) stuck around in Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

PARlance wrote: »
    GAA Bantersauras' and the lads who (thankfully) stuck around in Australia.

Just had a look at their YouTube channel. Fair play and all that but some of their videos have over a million views - who exactly is clicking on this sh*te??

That's it, I'm going to buy a pair of Wrangler bootcut jeans and will make videos with songs about scoring sideline cuts from the 45 and pints of cider with the lads on bales of hay.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,356 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Loved the music act this week, Found the guy on youtube by accident a few months back and started loving his covers, he has a great voice and would love to see him live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Wouldn't be going out of my way to watch the 2 Johnnie's but enjoyed the chat tonight, not everyone's cup of tea but there harming anyone in their endeavours and obviously have their heads screwed on to build the profile they have, best of luck to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Recorded it ... heard the two johnnies were on .... deleted it

Watching fork handles instead

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

We have a very small garden but have a patch for flowers, shrubs etc.

We have lavender, dahlias, Daffodils, Tulips and a few other bits and pieces we change each year. Its generally thronged with bees every year, if everyone made a small bit of effort there would be no issue.

The amount of hedgerows being destroyed in the country is eliminating a massive food source for them and harming birds and other wildlife.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

bla.bla.b wrote: »
    Who are the target audience for these fellas? Teenagers / Students? They remind me of the Hardy Bucks from 10 years ago.

Not my cup of tea but fair play to them if they are making a few bob from it.

Hardy Bucks was pretty funny in fairness. I don’t think it was much gaa from what I remember. It was more about drink, drugs, women and small town country life. Now that I think about it was actually hilarious, the best comedy on Irish tv in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Yeah so funny.

What is it about the two Johnnies that has some people who love them and others who find them awful?
    I don't enjoy Irish country humour, the road frontage, shifting and gas craic stuff isn't interesting to me. I liked the guys backstory about waorking in the food processing plant

• Registered Users Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Hardy Bucks was pretty funny in fairness. I don’t think it was much gaa from what I remember. It was more about drink, drugs, women and small town country life. Now that I think about it was actually hilarious, the best comedy on Irish tv in years.

Yeah. Hardy bucks were more “small town” ireland type situations - mainly about drink, drugs, women

2 johnnies are more rural Ireland situations - so, focus is on farming and Club GAA jokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Gaa humour is up there with mother in law jokes

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Housefree

Looking at the music acts on TT over the weeks and the lad on First Dates the other night I have come to the conclusion that Dundalk is the cultural powerhouse of Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 38,356 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yeah. Hardy bucks were more “small town” ireland type situations - mainly about drink, drugs, women

2 johnnies are more rural Ireland situations - so, focus is on farming and Club GAA jokes.

Hardy Bucks was more like Trailer Park Boys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Who would be your 3 dream guests (living and realistic) on the show?

Love to see Roy Keane, Vincent Browne and Gerry Adams

Advertisement