Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tommy Tiernan Show Thread - Mod warning, see OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,415 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Who would be your 3 dream guests (living and realistic) on the show?

Love to see Roy Keane, Vincent Browne and Gerry Adams

He wouldn't get change out of any of those 3.
    Need to think on that. John Creedon, Marcus Rashford, and the partners Megan Rapinoe, Sue Bird.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Thought the show was ok the other night. Was surprised and disappointed at how nervous Cunningham was and because of that the interview didn't glean as much as it should have. Enjoyed the last guest and I think she made some very good points and was interesting to hear how and why her view has changed over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,415 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Lad GAGA wrote: »
    Thought the show was ok the other night. Was surprised and disappointed at how nervous Cunningham was and because of that the interview didn't glean as much as it should have. Enjoyed the last guest and I think she made some very good points and was interesting to hear how and why her view has changed over time.

There is a whole movement in agriculture similar to what she was on about, regenerative agriculture. It's worldwide, many of the leading strategists would have spoken at a conference last Nov hosted online here in Ireland, called Biofarm 2020.
    So she not whacky, away with the fairies, as some here make out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Wouldn't be going out of my way to watch the 2 Johnnie's but enjoyed the chat tonight, not everyone's cup of tea but there harming anyone in their endeavours and obviously have their heads screwed on to build the profile they have, best of luck to them.

Yeah I don't quite get the invective they seem to have attracted on this thread. A bit of anti culchieness I'd hazard to guess. Seemed like two very genuine lads who are just living a dream. I'd say they would be the first to admit they are completely winging it with their music/comedy/podcasting career but are going to keep it going as long as they can. Not my thing but fair play to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Yeah, I just think it's a type of personality that doesn't like them. I include myself in that. Brian Griffin psuedo intellectuals People can not like them if they don't want but just know its a bias. I'd say its the GAA head types that listen to them, their generic "gas craic" comedy and maybe their anti-intellectualism is what would irk some people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

One man's Two Johnnie's are another man's Oscar Wilde.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,541 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm about the same age as the two Johnnies and I know people who find them funny. I don't mean this to sound harsh but it's mainly country guys with a simple sense of humor in my experience who find them gas.(Also Tipp men find them funny).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

Podcast is very good in fairness. Not as good on TV I think but I enjoyed the show with Tommy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Oops!

Noel's News.....

Podcast is very good in fairness. Not as good on TV I think but I enjoyed the show with Tommy.

Same for me. They seem very comfortable on the podcast and it works very well, is always listen when I got the chance. They just seem so wooden and nervous on the telly, even on pre filmed stuff like the American thing where they can’t even manage a voiceover properly. I do think they’re genuine Edith fellas though, definitely not the pricks people are getting from the bleached hair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭sxt

Who would be your 3 dream guests (living and realistic) on the show?

They need to get David mcsavage on. Someone with a sharp wit and the ability to speak with unfiltered honesty

Katie Taylor. It would be nice to see her interviewed away from the sports arena for once

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

sxt wrote: »
    They need to get David mcsavage on. Someone with a sharp wit and the ability to speak with unfiltered honesty

Katie Taylor. It would be nice to see her interviewed away from the sports arena for once

McSavage is a great shout actually.

Katie would be too guarded, only does interviews to promote fights etc.. and is an expert in shutting down any delving into her personal life etc... as in fairness you would need to be in this day and age.

Was Katie Taylor not on it at some stage?..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Katie would be too guarded, only does interviews to promote fights etc.. and is an expert in shutting down any delving into her personal life etc... as in fairness you would need to be in this day and age.

I would respect Katie’s private life , don’t want or need to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Ian Paisley jnr or any other crackpot unionist

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

Tyson Fury would be excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 15,646 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Tommy said that he would never have a comedian on the show. He said he doesn't like a comedian interviewing a comedian as it would be too awkward with both parties trying to 'one-up' each other and play jokes off of each other, which would result in poor television. It wouldn't be a natural conversation as the premise of this show is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,526 ✭✭✭✭siblers

The 2 Johnnys actually interviewed him, he seems like he has his demons but they didn't really dwell on it, would be an interesting guest alright as Tommy would get more out of bim

• Registered Users Posts: 12,526 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I'm about the same age as the two Johnnies and I know people who find them funny. I don't mean this to sound harsh but it's mainly country guys with a simple sense of humor in my experience who find them gas.(Also Tipp men find them funny).

Their TV shows are beyond awful but it feels like they are being pigeon holed into those shows with very little creative control, although I'm not sure they have the creative talent to make anything decent on TV themselves . I could see them on 2fm at some stage on the breakfast show.

Their podcast is quite good, they're intelligent and come across like decent lads. They have interesting topics and it's a bit of craic. I don't listen to it anymore as I got bored of it and Maura is a bit of a gowl but the Podcast is miles ahead of the TV shows

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mrm

Water John wrote: »
    There is a whole movement in agriculture similar to what she was on about, regenerative agriculture. It's worldwide, many of the leading strategists would have spoken at a conference last Nov hosted online here in Ireland, called Biofarm 2020.
    So she not whacky, away with the fairies, as some here make out.

This approach has already been conducted within Knepp Estate in Engand at a large scale to great success - https://knepp.co.uk/home. I have met Mary Reynolds a few times and she is very passionate about this and very convincing when she explains the current reduced numbers of wildlife creatures (really frightening figures) due to poisoning from our non indigenous plants in our carefully 'controlled' gardens. This womans message is on the button. And as shown in Knepp the benefit returns are measured not in years but in months. If people are able to offer a small parcel of their garden over to an ARK it will make a huge difference rapidly.
    I'll admit she didn't sell it the best during that interview but I suppose with some of the comments about her here some people are just reluctant and too judgmental to understand her, instead awaiting the next bullsh*t celebrity to come on the show to regale us with their vacuous sh*te and pontificate on how we all need to make the world a better place!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭Choochtown

Fitz* wrote: »
    Tommy said that he would never have a comedian on the show. He said he doesn't like a comedian interviewing a comedian as it would be too awkward with both parties trying to 'one-up' each other and play jokes off of each other, which would result in poor television. It wouldn't be a natural conversation as the premise of this show is.

Although going by the premise of the show, it isn't, or shouldn't be, Tommy's choice

• Registered Users Posts: 8,215 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Tommy had a decent interview with John Bishop a while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭Cody montana

No idea who this man is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

That Meath team was the toughest I have ever seen and full of absolute rocks of men.

And yet Boylan seems such a gentleman himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

No idea who this man is.

I don't understand why people feel the need to post this?

Green hat this week- very few people could get away with wearing a full swede outfit- comedians are probably one category of people who can :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

No idea who this man is.

It would have been easier to google him than type that.

This man is a legendary GAA manager, Tommy would have a particular fondness for him as he is famous for managing the Meath (his native county) footballers for years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭Shelby Foote

That Meath team was the toughest I have ever seen and full of absolute rocks of men.

And yet Boylan seems such a gentleman himself.

They were grand fellas off the pitch but lethal with their elbows to the head on it. Foley, Harman, Coyle, Lyons. Plenty of 'unmanly' stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭Shelby Foote

I always liked Boylan though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,563 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The GAA is a great network for getting jobs through.

Advertisement