Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tommy Tiernan Show Thread - Mod warning, see OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

TT show beat Late Late in the viewership last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

AdrianG08 wrote: »

Well that's the end of the TT show so, cant have anyone getting better ratings than that other string of misery.

And Tommy probably getting paid a quarter of what the other clown is getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

mgn wrote: »
    Well that's the end of the TT show so, cant have anyone getting better ratings than that other string of misery.

And Tommy probably getting paid a quarter of what the other clown is getting.

does that mean TT gets cancelled? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

Didn't that happen to Brendan O'Connors show? And his team of producers were moved to LLS aswell if I recall correctly.

TT should be worried :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Might be in danger of running out of new guests / ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,886 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

AdrianG08 wrote: »

That really shouldn’t be difficult.
    The LLS is well past it’s sell-by date especially with the host. It’s a crying fest every week.

saabsaab wrote: »
    Might be in danger of running out of new guests / ideas?

The late late show ? Years ago

The LLS is well past it’s sell-by date especially with the host. It’s a crying fest every week.

It is quite difficult :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,598 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Didn't the LLS used to get 700,000+ every week?

It's ratings have plummeted under Tubs. If this was any other person, he'd be removed from the position if they lost a third of their customers on t.v. or radio.

But not our Ryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

NIMAN wrote: »
    Didn't the LLS used to get 700,000+ every week?

It's ratings have plummeted under Tubs. If this was any other person, he'd be removed from the position if they lost a third of their customers on t.v. or radio.

But not our Ryan.

Of course it won't be Tubs, they will probably fire the producers (actually its RTE they will just move them somewhere else) and take Tommys team, and spin "a new beginning" for the LLS where Tubs will do a fluff piece in the Indo about how he is "at ease with himself", or "maturing" following lockdown and he wants to make Ireland smile again.

• Advertisement

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Of course it won't be Tubs, they will probably fire the producers (actually its RTE they will just move them somewhere else) and take Tommys team, and spin "a new beginning" for the LLS where Tubs will do a fluff piece in the Indo about how he is "at ease with himself", or "maturing" following lockdown and he wants to make Ireland smile again.

Tubs has charisma, is well liked and capable. However the show has grown a bit maudlin and stale.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,646 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Tubs has charisma, is well liked and capable. However the show has grown a bit maudlin and stale.

Lol charisma.

His only 5 topics are death, pain, suffering, COVID, US politics and then the 'light-hearted' stuff is just the Irish rugby team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Seen a piece in the Indo Tommy attracted more viewers than the LLS the weekend past. Not surprised Tubs is the most wooden and annoying member of the RTE stable.

Seen a piece in the Indo Tommy attracted more viewers than the LLS the weekend past. Not surprised Tubs is the most wooden and annoying member of the RTE stable.

Don't blame Tubs, he's just the jockey on the LL horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Its not April fools day yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Don't blame Tubs, he's just the jockey on the LL horse.

Tubs has made the LLS his own, hence why its crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,541 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The majority of people I know who like Tubs are ladies over the age of 55.

Edit: They also think he's extremely good looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JoeExotic81

Oh boy.

The majority of people I know who like Tubs are ladies over the age of 55.

Edit: They also think he's extremely good looking.

? Haile Berry is 55 Liz Hurley too not too bad?

? Haile Berry is 55 Liz Hurley too not too bad?

I’m going to take a wild stab that most 55 year olds here aren’t in that category.

That said, I’m not sure why you brought appearance into it in the first place. Was that what the person you quoted was even referring to?

• Advertisement

I’m going to take a wild stab that most 55 year olds here aren’t in that category.

That said, I’m not sure why you brought appearance into it in the first place. Was that what the person you quoted was even referring to?

I don't know what their point was but it seemed to be that 55 or over was old or past it. These ladies are not along with many others.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,541 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I don't know what their point was but it seemed to be that 55 or over was old or past it. These ladies are not along with many others.

I was just saying the main group of people I see who love Tubs and thinks he's great, light hearted, great interviewer.
    The younger generation generally thinks he is rubbish in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JoeExotic81

I was just saying the main group of people I see who love Tubs and thinks he's great, light hearted, great interviewer.
    The younger generation generally thinks he is rubbish in my experience.

Your point was crystal clear. Comprehension not too strong with that one.

Your point was crystal clear. Comprehension not too strong with that one.

?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

First time I've ever heard anyone imperonating Tommy, it's pretty good!

https://twitter.com/ConorSketches/status/1372116276009656320

• Registered Users Posts: 28,969 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Hope things like this doesn’t prompt too much of a change. It shouldn’t, but we should never forget that RTÉ always seems to be run by imbeciles.

Yeah keep Tommy’s show :) I can’t see him doing the late late shows sillier segments like the ones tubs can’t do either :)

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LilacNails

Guys!

Can anyone remember a guest that was on a few weeks back, thnk they might have been a singer from cork, saying they have some good days and bad days...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Fine Cheers

Male or female ?
    Mary Coughlan maybe

Advertisement