Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tommy Tiernan Show Thread - Mod warning, see OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Fisherman's Blues is a great album, wouldn't have recognised Mike, he's aged a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Saw them at that great gig of 87 on Greenpeace ship Dublin - will never forget it
    Saw them sometime around that era in Scotland. Was fairly near the front, which suddenly and unexpectedly turned into my first experience of a moshpit :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Scottish accents add to any conversation.

But that story about tracking down his Dad was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,420 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I quite like this show, it's rather unique, but I'm not sure if it should have Saturday night billing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

"****ey rock'n'rollers" :pac:

ETA: Good Lord, I had no idea Boards had an auto-obfuscaor for 'language' like sh-eye-tee!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 452 ✭✭Sharpyshoot

Tool with a capital T this clown is ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 16,048 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Well this is rubbish.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Shane119

OMFG! David O’Doherty is Jim Doherty’s young lad!😮

• Registered Users Posts: 16,048 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

sugarman wrote: »
    Great show ruined right at the end. What even is this?

Its rubbish.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

sugarman wrote: »
    Great show ruined right at the end. What even is this?

Jobs for the boys I think

• Advertisement

AllForIt wrote: »
    I quite like this show, it's rather unique, but I'm not sure if it should have Saturday night billing.

I like the show a lot but do say more- RTÉ programming not at all a logical science

• Registered Users Posts: 8,215 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Awful ending to a great show

• Registered Users Posts: 8,420 ✭✭✭AllForIt

The guy on the piano should be in front and the nutter behind the curtain.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭sailing

And that there in two mins is why I don’t pay my TV license.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Government buildings

We could have done without that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,405 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

If you have been affected by that song...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,403 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

WTF just happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,725 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

The waterboys cover of purple rain on BBC radio (Chris Evans show) is on YouTube. Well worth a listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭French Toast

David O'Doherty tries and fails at the awkward comedian role that Richard Ayoade and James Acaster do quite well.

🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

I have been affected by issues raised in the show actually, but just that musical thing at the end. I need a drink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭enricoh

Jaysus, if this is his strongest new material it's time to try n steal fred cookes compere job. This stuff ain't gonna pay the bills!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Was that a troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Why didn’t he just ask Mike to do an acoustic “Whole of the Moon”? The obscure music acts at the end of every show are tedious.

Overall a great show again though. It’s literally the only show in the entire RTE schedule that I’d go out of my way to watch. Tommy / RTE stumbled on a winning formula here, he’s genuinely very good at this.

I always wondered why The Waterboys didn’t make it globally big like U2 and REM etc- after that interview maybe I’m a little bit closer to knowing . I dunno .

• Registered Users Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I always wondered why The Waterboys didn’t make it globally big like U2 and REM etc- after that interview maybe I’m a little bit closer to knowing . I dunno .

U2 and REM had album after album of good material. Waterboys didn’t....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Was thinking that.

Awkward. Like pulling teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

U2 and REM had album after album of good material. Waterboys didn’t....

Yep. A couple of albums in the late 80’s and then.... nothing much.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

Leftwaffe wrote: »
    Never even heard of the Waterboys. Between that and the cowboy hat, good night lads.

You’ve never heard of them? Jesus. I’m guessing I’ve never heard of some trendy top shop band you listen to. :p

I guess I’m well beyond the boards demographic.

The waterboys cover of purple rain on BBC radio (Chris Evans show) is on YouTube. Well worth a listen.

Speaking of covers, Luka Blooms version of ABBA’s Dancing Queen is also pretty special :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Why didn’t he just ask Mike to do an acoustic “Whole of the Moon”? The obscure music acts at the end of every show are tedious.

Overall a great show again though. It’s literally the only show in the entire RTE schedule that I’d go out of my way to watch. Tommy / RTE stumbled on a winning formula here, he’s genuinely very good at this.

Mike Scott isn’t obscure. He’s not in the public eye these days but The Waterboys were far from obscure.

Advertisement