Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tommy Tiernan Show Thread - Mod warning, see OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,627 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Just watching on +1.

Absolutely love normal Don't Go.

Just love this too. Wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,627 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Just saw an ad for the RTE player.

Surprised it wasn't interrupted by an ad for 3 mobile, which was itself interrupted by the same ad for 3 mobile.

That, over and over. Is what stopped me watching Frasier. So thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,280 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Just watching on +1.

Absolutely love normal Don't Go.

Just love this too. Wow!

It's the new normal Don't Go.

I liked it too.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

So 3 more weeks of the season, that's great. It's one of the things that keep you going in covid lockdown!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Michael Stipe can get away with the strange eye makeup, he has had a long career of great songs, albums and concerts. Liam O’Maonlai I am not so sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Goose76

Great stuff, tough subject matter but still done with a sense of humour and genuine sympathy. Compare it to the crocodile tears of the LLS last night.

Uncalled for comment re the LLS - it was a powerful episode on Friday.

Liked last nights TT show. Did not think Anne Doyle would be as off beat as she was - was expecting a boring, snobby south Dublin type if I’m honest. Oddball but likeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Hamachi

Goose76 wrote: »
    Liked last nights TT show. Did not think Anne Doyle would be as off beat as she was - was expecting a boring, snobby south Dublin type if I’m honest. Oddball but likeable.

Yeah. Really liked Anne Doyle. It’s obvious she’s a super smart woman. Great to hear how she marches to the beat of her own drum. Very enjoyable interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,899 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Hamachi wrote: »
    Yeah. Really liked Anne Doyle. It’s obvious she’s a super smart woman. Great to hear how she marches to the beat of her own drum. Very enjoyable interview.

Brendan Courtney interviewed her on "whose keys are these" I think was the name of the show. She opened up ALOT more to him than to Tommy.

I found her interview with Tommy guarded in comparison, as if she didn't really want to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Another great show, 3 very interesting but different guests, I'd say Anne Doyle is great craic if you met her, funny that she never answered his first question and (I think he forgot) he never pursued her for the answer (about her alleged romance with a politician).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,971 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Lad GAGA wrote: »
    Another great show, 3 very interesting but different guests, I'd say Anne Doyle is great craic if you met her, funny that she never answered his first question and (I think he forgot) he never pursued her for the answer (about her alleged romance with a politician).

It wasn't alleged.

She had a brief relationship with Jim McDaid.

Both are on record as having no regrets.

• Advertisement

So 3 more weeks of the season, that's great. It's one of the things that keep you going in covid lockdown!

Some of the best TV RTÉ has produced in years- I think Tommy could get a great interview out of just about anybody

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Fine Cheers

He didn't forget, I'd say he got the vibe from her initial answer that she wasn't going there. Have to say I found the interview a little strange and unfulfilling for some reason. I guess like a lot of the interviews, time is limited and you'd love it to go on longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Fine Cheers

The show has become one of the weekend TV highlights for this household. A Thursday night walk is also now a traditional to listen to the podcast with Tommy, Hector and Laurita. Hilarious shenanigans. Tommy also has his own podcast, shorter and deeper observations.

Brendan Courtney interviewed her on "whose keys are these" I think was the name of the show. She opened up ALOT more to him than to Tommy.

I found her interview with Tommy guarded in comparison, as if she didn't really want to be there.

I think it started badly- Tommy was desperately trying to remember things like the McDaid relationship; Anne Doyle is “famous” for not getting married in that she’s spoken about it in many interviews since retirement- so these are 2 things that have been reported on many times in the past-I think he came in to early with this line of questioning and it probably closed her down a bit- it warmed up eventually though - saying that, Anne didn’t have much to say that she didn’t say before. She’s 70 next year which is hard to believe as I remember her first appearance on TV news and looks very well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

When we wear masks its all in the eyes and while Micheal Stipe was a pionneer in eyemakeup I think henna suits Liams eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,899 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I think it started badly- Tommy was desperately trying to remember things like the McDaid relationship; Anne Doyle is “famous” for not getting married in that she’s spoken about it in many interviews since retirement- so these are 2 things that have been reported on many times in the past-I think he came in to early with this line of questioning and it probably closed her down a bit- it warmed up eventually though - saying that, Anne didn’t have much to say that she didn’t say before. She’s 70 next year which is hard to believe as I remember her first appearance on TV news and looks very well

Yeah he started the interview rather weirdly I thought. Going straight to relationship status is strange for any interview even if it's the question you most want to ask.

She was very open with Brendan Courtney about her past relationships pretty much starting from school going to present day.

I'd say she's a formidable woman knows what she wants and goes after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭Azatadine

I thought the Gottfried Helnwein interview was great. He's some talent.

Here we go in a few min. Wonder who we'll have tonight.

Tame LLS, a bit of Easter entertainment be nice.

Forgot all about it until I seen this (keep thinking it’s Sunday). Nice one.

Forgot all about it until I seen this (keep thinking it’s Sunday). Nice one.

With Good Friday you feel a day ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

That fella from Death in Paradise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

He's very hoarse sounding.

Dougal! He looks kinda sexy.

Apart from Dougal is he any good as a comedian? Totally overshadowed by that one character.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

His features really changed since Dougal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Dougal! He looks kinda sexy.

He looks better now.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Will any of them bring up the 'You killed Fr Ted' moment.

More rugged.

Fairly worn around the eyes. Suppose we all age differently.

Azatadine wrote: »
    I thought the Gottfried Helnwein interview was great. He's some talent.

I went googling. A very interesting family with strong alleged links to Scientology.

• Advertisement

Must be a nightmare having gobsh1tes shouting the same catchphrases at you every day.

Advertisement