Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tommy Tiernan Show Thread - Mod warning, see OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Rag N Bone Man's older brother?

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭ax530

Think her reading of the poem made it, gas she found it so funny. Never heard of her before but I'll look up some of her poems say lots 'old Galway' in them.

She reminds me to Evelyn Cusack to look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

Pugwash- It's nice to nice.

That lead singer is a big unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭appledrop

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Easily the best guest of the series so far. Fascinating chap to listen to and clearly Tommy was enthralled by him. Very very well done.

Amazing guest. He was so down to earth, he goes against ever preconception I'd have about a top surgeon of his age group.

He went to a normal Christain Brothers school not a private school and no one in his family were doctors.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Big Beatles influence, not a bad song.

Hasn’t a note in his head. Brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Good band. Easy listening.

Ardal O'Hanlon my favourite guest. Closely followed by Ciaran Bolger.

Rita Ann is a lovely lady but I'm drifting away.

Could just be me.

No, I'm gone aswell that's why I'm on boards!

First two guests were outstanding and I'd prefer to have listened to both of them for longer and not have the 3rd guests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Ardal O'Hanlon my favourite guest. Closely followed by Ciaran Bolger.

Bolger was my favourite. Fascinating man. Would love a few pints with him to discuss his life.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

I know I'm really out on a limb here but I think the Beatles are way over rated.

Songs like Love Me Do, She Loves You, Twist and Shout..pure rubbish.

Penny Lane, nice little pop song.

Greats like Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds and Strawberry Fields are excellent.

2 great interviews so far with top class guests. No comparison with the LLS last night.

Stop watching the LLS with the hope that they replace Tubs.

His current partner is the only female neurosurgeon in Ireland !

So not his secretary then like the other poster claimed

Just looked at some of his reviews online.

People say his manner is poor and unempathetic.

I suppose once he's technically skilled that's what matters but still it would be important to have confidence in a guy who was going to operate on your brain.

I would have confidence in him. He had an engaging no nonsense approach.

Stop watching the LLS with the hope that they replace Tubs.

I nearly have. I missed my cut off for 'Lance' on 2 and stayed too long last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭Comhrá

His next op is on Tubs' frontal lobe to stimulate humour. Could be a 24 hr op.

He'll probably decide to just turn off the machine....hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

I know I'm really out on a limb here but I think the Beatles are way over rated.

To paraphrase Alan Partridge, they're no Wings.

"Only the band, the Beatles could've been"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,898 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

HeyV wrote: »
    Her voice/accent reminds me of Mary Coughlan... I know she was on lately too.

I thought the same. I lip read and they both move their mouth in the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,396 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

I thought the same. I lip read and they both move their mouth in the same way.

Can people who lip read can recognise accents??

• Advertisement

OK I know I'm late to the party here but just watching the Stephen Rea interview here, Jesus deep stuff.

Outstanding interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Improvement tonight on some recent weeks I though. Good to see, I like Tommy, but this sort of thing is so dependant on having interesting guests.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

appledrop wrote: »
    OK I know I'm late to the party here but just watching the Stephen Rea interview here, Jesus deep stuff.

Outstanding interview.

Which episode was that? I must have missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

We've tubbs giving us a sermon on now...

Which episode was that? I must have missed it.

Episode 6 of this season, watching it now on player.

Brian O Driscoll first who was grand, then Stephen Rea.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,898 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Can people who lip read can recognise accents??

Yeah sometimes, I can't speak for anyone else obviously.

If I'm watching something with the volume off I can pick up accents, the strong english ones especially, yorkshire, liverpool etc. It's obviously something to do with the way the mouth forms or something.... obviously the tv needs to be highered to confirm but I'm usually correct.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I've never watched the TT show before, but just flicking I caught the start of his interview with Bolger and it was a very enjoyable listening experience, he really sounds like a very approachable medical professional. I've met a couple of people like him over the years, with an extremely high level of achievement ability and it's really something to be admired. In the case of people I've known, it's similar in relation to self achievement and not handed down from inheritance. There are simply people who are destined for better things and will use all of their ability to reach it.

In relation to posters referencing his split from his wife, that has absolutely feck all to do with anything. Just another case of attempting to lower the credibility of someone who makes you feel inadequate. It has zero to do with his profession and equally zero to do with his character. People split all the time, so sooner or later your going to come in contact with someone who has. None of your business at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IrlJidel

Yeah sometimes, I can't speak for anyone else obviously.

If I'm watching something with the volume off I can pick up accents, the strong english ones especially, yorkshire, liverpool etc. It's obviously something to do with the way the mouth forms or something.... obviously the tv needs to be highered to confirm but I'm usually correct.

That's mad. You could be in the new CSI Dublin tv show -zoom in on the cctv footage to watch their lips and give their exact address.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,021 ✭✭✭trashcan

Their influence is far more ELO than the Beatles. If you listen to their stuff they are basically an ELO tribute band.

• Advertisement

appledrop wrote: »
    Episode 6 of this season, watching it now on player.

Brian O Driscoll first who was grand, then Stephen Rea.

Then they also have a retired female judge who is also absolutely fascinating. Well worth a watch.

Advertisement