Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tommy Tiernan Show Thread - Mod warning, see OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Nah, it’s the social media mentality. Look at me, listen to me. Oh I’m great.

Thought just more a nervous energy. Fair play of him, very courageous to speak publicly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Cody montana

walshb wrote: »
    Men are promiscuous..human nature. Animal instincts!

I suppose.
    The younger generation need to be careful though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,396 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

I remember during the initial advertising campaigns they said you could get AIDS from a toilet seat, a hand shake etc etc, it was all well exaggerated, you could almost mirror it to how Covid was first sold to us.

Haha exactly

At least AIDS didn’t crush the economy

Thank god they cut that one short.

There wasn’t a whole lot more to say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

A lovely lovely young man. I wish he would come to my kids school.

Seriously?! I’d remove my children if he came to their school. He’s not giving factual advise. He’s a social media influencer as a result of his sexual stupidity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Have to say I never knew that he wouldn’t be able to transmit the virus once having tested positive....you learn something new every day

Exactly

So his purpose on going on tonight educated people about U = U. Its great that we get this education. https://www.hivireland.ie/hiv/prevention/viral-load/

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Thst was really powerful to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 55,633 ✭✭✭✭walshb

plodder wrote: »
    He's asking questions that I can't imagine any other RTE personality asking, and I suspect lots of people are interested in the answers.

Nonsense questions. He’s either very uneducated and ignorant if he knows this little about HIV/AIDS, or he’s pretending..

HIV/AIDS as old as the hills...

Simple: don’t want to catch it. Practice safe sex!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,396 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

I suppose.

My father always warned me

He was young and stupid and had unprotected sex that ruined his life

He mellowed a lot when I moved out though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

thelad95 wrote: »
    He's giving some mixed messages.

First he's saying "oh I was naive I had unprotected sex and got HIV"

Then he's saying "oh there's medication so I still have unprotected sex"

Not sure exactly what he's trying to convey.

He has unprotected monogamous sex with a long-term partner who trusts him to take a tablet every day, thus making it impossible to spread the virus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

The big question, will we know no. 2

I suppose.

Id be more worried about all the STIs in older people tbh

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Annasopra wrote: »
    Exactly

So his purpose on going on tonight educated people about U = U. Its great that we get this education. https://www.hivireland.ie/hiv/prevention/viral-load/

No! That gives impression that once your positive you can’t transmit it which is dangerous message. He can’t transmit because of the medication he is on for the rest of his life!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Funeral director

Seriously?! I’d remove my children if he came to their school. He’s not giving factual advise. He’s a social media influencer as a result of his sexual stupidity.

Please explain what wasnt factual.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 16,047 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Feckin Greeks, they invented gayness!

There was nothing wrong or unsafe about it untill some ejit decided to eat a gorilla and that is where the HIV Virus came from. Humans are not meant to eat Gorillas or Monkeys. There is no proof if the Greeks invented agyness or not but even if they did it was perfectly safe until a Human ate a gorilla so it is him you should be blaming for HIV in the world.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,538 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

This guy is really positive, comes out with real ambitious plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭appledrop

I thought he was very good and he was unlucky to get it so young.

I don't know age of everyone here but teenagers today have no real concept or idea about Aids.

Like they have a vague idea but it's not something they really think about because you just take medication for it in their eyes.

It's a sin was a very powerful series recently and sometime all young people should watch today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,278 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I bet you even learned a lot but don't let go of those rosary beads ;)

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Love Dave McGowan. I remember him when Anton Savage was on Todayfm he used to give regular updates on the plane being moved to Eniscrone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭Jeff2

This will be interesting.

Love the old glamping. :)

Logical follow on from the previous guest...funeral directors.

thelad95 wrote: »
    He's giving some mixed messages.

First he's saying "oh I was naive I had unprotected sex and got HIV"

Then he's saying "oh there's medication so I still have unprotected sex"

Not sure exactly what he's trying to convey.

My impression is that he probably did explain the whole U = U thing more but it might have been edited out.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭appledrop

Wtf are these?

A load of crap so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,538 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

She's the best looking funeral director I've seen to be fair!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Weird

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

It was a 767....not a Jumbo!!!

No! That gives impression that once your positive you can’t transmit it which is dangerous message. He can’t transmit because of the medication he is on for the rest of his life!

He never said that. You are misquoting here.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,642 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

This lad has the look of a Scooby Doo villain!

Advertisement