Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tommy Tiernan Show Thread - Mod warning, see OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

I bet you even learned a lot but don't let go of those rosary beads ;)

I’m not religious. I just think the message might be lost that daily lifetime medication is necessary to protect your partner from what is a deadly virus...not that it’s ok to have unprotected sex with someone hiv positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

His documentary used to be on the RTÉ Player, don’t know if it’s still there. But it’s a great watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

appledrop wrote: »
    Wtf are these?

A load of crap so far.

She’s like a Rose of Tralee contestant....why did she get the dad to explain what she does?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Was a great documentary about him on RTE over a year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,396 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Great story 5 years ago

He ran out of money and looked for external funding

Realistically he’s opened a bizzare scrapyard in Enniscrone thats filled with rusting obscure vehicles

It’s an eyesore now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Weird

I forgot the o.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

Fitz* wrote: »
    This lad has the look of a Scooby Doo villain!

Reminds me of the late actor Denis Miller.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭appledrop

I don't understand a word he is saying.

He reminds me of your man from Father Ted who presented the Eurovision song contest and Ted couldn't understand a word he said when he came off the stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Logical follow on from the previous guest...funeral directors.

A HIV positive person in a first-world country in the 21st Century is no more likely to prematurely require the services of a funeral director than anyone else. You mentioned removing your children if he came to their school. For their sake, I hope they haven't inherited your ignorance and prejudice. Try educating yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭3 the square

Great story 5 years ago

He ran out of money and looked for external funding

Realistically he’s opened a bizzare scrapyard in Enniscrone thats filled wi rusting obscure vehicles

It’s an eyesore now
    Can you visit ?? Or see the place from the road ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

If you saw the line up for the Late Late and saw a guy who is HIV positive, embalmer and funeral director on the same night you would run a mile.

This is very interesting and not even a hint of misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Can you visit ?? Or see the place from the road ??

It's behind some hoardings but there's a great view from the pitch and putt course. Good fun trying to hit a jumbo with a few golf balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭appledrop

Ah here in Spirit zone now, hurry up and get the next guest on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Icsics

Ah love him & the documentary from a few years ago was the best RTE have done

• Registered Users Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭plodder

Seriously?! I’d remove my children if he came to their school. He’s not giving factual advise. He’s a social media influencer as a result of his sexual stupidity.
    5th or 6th years I think they said, which is fair enough. It's not primary school.

.anon. wrote: »
    A HIV positive person in a first-world country in the 21st Century is no more likely to prematurely require the services of a funeral director than anyone else. You mentioned removing your children if he came to their school. For their sake, I hope they haven't inherited your ignorance and prejudice. Try educating yourself.

Anyone else isn’t dependent on daily lifetime medication.
    Yes I’d be concerned if the message young children received was that it is ok to have unprotected sex irrespective of the persons sexual orientation.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,326 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Wow.

That story was amazing, and somewhat comforting at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,538 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Must watch the documentary, have it recorded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Tandey

Polka hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Anyone else isn’t dependent on daily lifetime medication.
    Yes I’d be concerned if the message young children received was that it is ok to have unprotected sex irrespective of the persons sexual orientation.

You are talking nonsense. He doesnt just go into schools and say it is ok to have unprotected sex.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Needs more about the plane.

I watched it live on youtube over day they were trying to get it there up the coast and on road.

Edit: scrap that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Wow.

That story was amazing, and somewhat comforting at the same time.

I think most families have a similar story. I know there are several in my family from different bereavements. I'm not overly religious but it makes you think...

• Registered Users Posts: 82,538 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Tubridy would be asking the entire time about how the Covid deaths were handled.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,396 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Tubridy would be asking the entire time about how the Covid deaths were handled.

Was the smell bad David?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Must watch the documentary, have it recorded.

Do , it's brilliant, I , at the end of it wished that we all had our loved ones treated with such dignity and respect as he gives to those who use his services .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

And it has gone unmentioned yet...

Annasopra wrote: »
    You are talking nonsense. He doesnt just go into schools and say it is ok to have unprotected sex.

It could be easily taken as that if his statement was taken out of context and the students didn’t appreciate the huge efforts he goes to to protect his partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

The Mafia

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Tis a good question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,326 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

And I thought the traveller funerals in Gorey were rough :D

Advertisement