Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tommy Tiernan Show Thread - Mod warning, see OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,278 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Great story. Messy!

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It could be easily taken as that if his statement was taken out of context and the students didn’t appreciate the huge efforts he goes to to protect his partner.

The context is provided so it couldnt be taken as that. You are jumping to all sorts nonsensical conclusions.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Is her mum oriental, Asian look to her, very pretty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Anyone else isn’t dependent on daily lifetime medication.
    Yes I’d be concerned if the message young children received was that it is ok to have unprotected sex irrespective of the persons sexual orientation.

Your comment was stupid, crass and ignorant. Loads of people require daily medication for conditions that would previously have limited their life expectancy.

Nobody has said it's ok to have unprotected sex. His undetectable HIV status, combined with monogamy and trust, is protected sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Hope she knows more about music than she does about embalming.

Ah relax she just obviously felt she should defer to her Da

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭C__MC

appledrop wrote: »
    I don't understand a word he is saying.

He reminds me of your man from Father Ted who presented the Eurovision song contest and Ted couldn't understand a word he said when he came off the stage.

Shave a bullock.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,538 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Found the docoumentary, it's called The Funeral Director, was on December 11th 2019 and that was a repeat of it, ffs, talk about me leaving it for a rainy day, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Anyone else find the music for the intro/outro to the ad breaks to be too loud?

I don't think it's because I'm getting old and giving out about loud music but the baby is asleep and her room is above the sitting room.

She's a light sleeper and having the volume at a normal level for the interviews and then the music blasts out for the breaks (and maybe when a guest comes out?) :eek: :mad:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I'm so sick of that Reeling in the Years ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

Sorry to see that the lad get HIV but jeez how does a 21 not know that HIV is a risk here. It was mad. He indicated 5 partners by 21 is not promiscuous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭dobman88

Worst episode in a long time, possibly ever. Running out of good guests or just hard to find people cos of covid or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Munstergirl854

Is her mum oriental, Asian look to her, very pretty

About as foreign as Northern Offaly I'd say.In fairness a lot of Irish people have beady eyes which leads to the Chinese eyes quip.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Wouldn't trust him as far as I could kick him.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Who this?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Thought it was Johnny Giles for a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,047 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

That was very good although I am surprised that Tommy asked What is Embalming as he had your one on before who was doing it in the west as well and getting great pay who loved it.
    I do not believe all the presence stuff do or the pictur falling. That could have been just the house vibrations from all the people in it making it fall.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,326 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I'm so sick of that Reeling in the Years ad.

Especially that Theresa Mannion bit. How in the fook is that a highlight of the last decade?

M

Men needing haircuts is starting to become a theme on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Especially that Theresa Mannion bit. How in the fook is that a highlight of the last decade?

Also Mary McAleese doing the very obvious, so annoying and exaggerated "wow" when the queen spoke Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

RTE thinks a meme is worthy of being a highlight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

How much of the money raised to the trust goes towards wages before anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭appledrop

Ah here I didn't know I tuned into a religious programme this evening.

M

I don't know how he doesn't get frutrated with how things are going, problem is never ending even in the booms.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭C__MC

Enjoyed that interview with the undertakers, another dimension to life that goes fairly unnoticed

Yer man is super professional at his job, great watch his documentary

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

McVerry loves the limelight , id have more respect for the likes of Brother Kevin of the capuchin centre , he just looks after people rather than pushing an ideological agenda

McVerry is just another poverty industry hustler

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

AMKC wrote: »
    That was very good although I am surprised that Tommy asked What is Embalming as he had your one on before who was doing it in the west as well and getting great pay who loved it.
    I do not believe all the presence stuff do or the pictur falling. That could have been just the house vibrations from all the people in it making it fall.

Psychic vibrations?

M

You can't ban evictions if landlords have their asset basically seized from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,396 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Eh we’re not a developing nation

• Registered Users Posts: 23,354 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

How much of the money raised to the trust goes towards wages before anything else?

The wage bill is nuts however when i looked into it alittle its not as bad as it sounds as the majority is wages associated with direct services to the poor and needy as opposed to admin staff but the wage bill is many millions annually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,777 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Being a degenerate is celebrated in RTE.
    Absolutely lovely.

Advertisement