Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tommy Tiernan Show Thread - Mod warning, see OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,014 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

If houses were free we wouldn’t need education

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36 Rotting Carrot

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    what passes for weekend " entertainment " in this country is like nothing in any other country , when has discussing homelessness been a feature on BBC or ITV saturday night ?
    ?
    will we see Ant and Dec trying something like that some time soon ?
    I would rather watch the Tiernan show than the silly things Ant and Dec get up to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36 Rotting Carrot

RobertKK wrote: »
    When asked about love, he said there is no one he loves in this life.
    He said there are people he respects, but no love at all for anyone?
    I think love just means something different to him than it does to you. He said that to love someone, it means to be willing to give up your life for them. There's plenty of people out there who haven't found someone that they'd be willing to give up their lives for. It doesn't mean he doesn't experience emotional connections with people in the same way you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,967 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Are you equating free education with a free house?

Did I say that, or anything near that?

Water John wrote: »
    Liked some of the guests on TT not others. That's the nature of the draw. Reflects more our Irish thought process than the above mentioned.

For me, I don't need to like someone for them to be an interesting guest. I didn't like the neurologist he had on last week, but he was still a fascinating guest.

• Advertisement

hes a lot more than you describe , he espouses a hard left political system, let him put his name on a ballot or else stay off the bloody airwaves , he has no mandate

Can we apply the same logic to your postings here? Put your name on the ballot or stay off the boards, you have no mandate?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

No time for McVerry at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Remember T. Tiernan is the Producer of this show, of course he knows who is appearing.
    He seems to have been conveniently listening to a guests album or reading their book "a few days ago".

Are viewers still falling for this big lie?

I don’t actually think he does, though even if he does I don’t really care.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭jimmymack

Remember T. Tiernan is the Producer of this show, of course he knows who is appearing.
    He seems to have been conveniently listening to a guests album or reading their book "a few days ago".

Are viewers still falling for this big lie?

Whether that's the case or not, who really cares?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭dobman88

though even if he does I don’t really care.

Yep

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Yeah, who gives a sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

It's not as if TT has a set of queue cards reminding him of his questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Yeah, who gives a sh1t.

RTE / his production company should be honest about it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

https://extra.ie/2021/04/11/must-see/station-shake-up-rte-have-huge-plans-for-tommy-tiernan-as-popularity-continues-to-soar

I knew RTE would do something about the TT show, cant have any show beating the LLS on ratings can we.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭elperello

RTE / his production company should be honest about it

Do you know for sure or is it just a hunch?

[quote="ford fiesta;116860688".
    [/quote]

Which guests did this happen with?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,538 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

mgn wrote: »
    https://extra.ie/2021/04/11/must-see/station-shake-up-rte-have-huge-plans-for-tommy-tiernan-as-popularity-continues-to-soar

I knew RTE would do something about the TT show, cant have any show beating the LLS on ratings can we.
    They will do something stupid like add a 2nd presenter, likely female.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,539 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

They will do something stupid like add a 2nd presenter, likely female.

Don't be giving them idea's!
    They'll be getting out one of the Garrihy's!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

mgn wrote: »

The state of that article.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

>An industry source told us that plans for a Piers Morgan Life Stories style show have been tentatively mooted, which would see Tommy take the lead.

That's what it is right now, just not as long...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Can we apply the same logic to your postings here? Put your name on the ballot or stay off the boards, you have no mandate?

Yes because this kind of platform is comparable to the national broadcaster :rolleyes:

even for you , thats just plain silly

No time for McVerry at all.

pure demagogue

Yes because this kind of platform is comparable to the national broadcaster :rolleyes:

even for you , thats just plain silly

The only silly stuff here is the theory that someone shouldn't be interviewed on a light entertainment show until after they've run for election because YOU disagree with their politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I haven't watched TTTS in a while, the original episodes were light with some of the usual troupes of an RTÉ chat show... we have to keep it serious.

I think TT is a good host and good at chatting, I think the audience is really missed from the show, he feeds off them rather than the guest and seems to have a great sense of how an audience wants an interview to go.

But of what I have seen many of the guests are now there on a serious note.

While TT can bring some levity to the interview it just seems like he's just doing what TLLS and RT has been doing over the last number of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,014 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Since rt took over the LLS the show keeps trying things to make up for his lack of ability to the point it doesn’t know what it is anymore. With the Tommy show they have found a format.

The only silly stuff here is the theory that someone shouldn't be interviewed on a light entertainment show until after they've run for election because YOU disagree with their politics.

He makes political demands every time he's in front of a microphone

He makes political demands every time he's in front of a microphone

As you do yourself, every time you're in front of a keyboard.

As you do yourself, every time you're in front of a keyboard.

You've gone from looking silly to embarrassing now

• Advertisement

You've gone from looking silly to embarrassing now

From the guy who expects people to run for election before they are interviewed by Tommy!

Advertisement