Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tommy Tiernan Show Thread - Mod warning, see OP

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I think Tommy Tiernans been pretty decent as a chat show host. I'd take him over Tubs and Darcy anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Dev84

Serious ego on Owens. Bigger than Tiernan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

He may be a bit shouty and hit and miss on the comedy front these days but he's far more sincere than most of the other presenting staff at RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭policy75

darkdubh wrote: »
    I think Tommy Tiernans been pretty decent as a chat show host. I'd take him over Tubs and Darcy anyway.
    I happened to be doing email so hadn't noticed the program that was on at the time. I just saw Nigel Owens so I perked up a bit only to find Tiernan the other side of the conversation. I do take the point about Tubs and Darcy. Other than the Christmas Show (go Tubs) they are brutal. But it seems majority rules and the majority seem to like these ludramans.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Dev84

laugh wrote: »
    He may be a bit shouty and hit and miss on the comedy front these days but he's far more sincere than most of the other presenting staff at RTE.

Matter of opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,090 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

I enjoy Tommy Tiernan’s show. Would never have been the biggest fan of his stand-up comedy.

Regarding Nigel Owens, I think he is a hero. I’d highly recommend his autobiography to anyone. His story is inspiring on many different levels. Seems to be absolute gentleman. And on top of that he’s best in the world at his job.

All in all, a thoroughly enjoyable interview in my opinion - not that Tommy had to ask him too many questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Sorry .can't take someone sitting with a plastic bag on their head been interviewed. As serious. Pity.

It is great to see somebody like him talk some sense these days and not want to show his face and be famous, you should listen to what he has to say and not the way he looks or the clothes he wears.

People express themselves in lots of different ways and this is his way, why should he conform to dress a certain way ????

He is a breath of fresh air.

He's very overexposed recently.

Do explain the context he is overexposed in ?

Too much light on him?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,151 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Bag looked a bit melted alright

• Registered Users Posts: 14,450 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I think Tommy is really good in that format.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I think Tommy Tiernan is an OK interviewer. He does get a bit awkward and tongue tied at times. Far better than D’Arcy, but then so would a stick of celery...

As for Nigel Owens, he’s a complete gent, a true professional. He’s 100 times the man than some idiots who spout complete opinionated BS here on Boards, thats for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Klinkhammer

darkdubh wrote: »

The fact that this post was thanked 19 times a couple of hours after it was posted means we are approaching End of Days. Hector, Dylan, Tommy and my father in law are the 4 horsemen of the Navan apocalypse and I welcome death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

Tiernan's show is far better than either the Late Late or Darcy's show both of which are notorious for car crash cringe inducing segments.

This probably means RTE will pull it from the airwaves in a year or two to free up some budget for another few series of Striking Out or the like. Lets hope they stick with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

laugh wrote: »

I find him very sincere and yet he's able to take the pi** as well. There were tears in his eyes when Nigel was telling the story about leaving the note. I don't know what it is about this show but I find it much more engaging from a viewer perspective than the scripted sh1te with tubs and Darcy. I find myself listening intently to the questions being asked as well as the answers given. I hope it comes back for another season

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Hombre Lobo

I find him very sincere and yet he's able to take the pi** as well. There were tears in his eyes when Nigel was telling the story about leaving the note. I don't know what it is about this show but I find it much more engaging from a viewer perspective than the scripted sh1te with tubs and Darcy. I find myself listening intently to the questions being asked as well as the answers given. I hope it comes back for another season

Have to agree, and I think it's down to him letting the guests tell their story without butting in every 10 seconds like Tubridy would do with a "yeah, yeah, tell us about your suffering"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Some people just won’t allow you to think Blindboy is a complete pain in the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭Rezident

This is the best show I've seen on RTE in a long time. Like since Garda Patrol or something.

Very funny and engaging. Didn't know RTE did stuff like this, apart from news, football and Apres Match I had stopped watching RTE altogether. This is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Rezident wrote: »
    This is the best show I've seen on RTE in a long time. Like since Garda Patrol or something.

Very funny and engaging. Didn't know RTE did stuff like this, apart from news, football and Apres Match I had stopped watching RTE altogether. This is very good.

As long as they don't start plugging books and RTE shows on it. I was expecting Imelda May to give a list of tour dates at the end of the interview.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Camera man needs to stop with the ultra face zoom ins. That's a tactic borrowed from the Late Late.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

doylefe wrote: »
    Camera man needs to stop with the ultra face zoom ins. That's a tactic borrowed from the Late Late.

Eh, I'd say it's more a technique from cameramanschool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Some people just won’t allow you to think Blindboy is a complete pain in the arse.
    Well said

Shame isn't it that so many people like him , wouldn't it be great if he ran to be a councilor and everyone that supported him wore plastic bags on their heads as well , especially on voting day , that would be some craic .

When he got elected it would be like a scene from the general where he arrives at court with a few lads dressed like him and the media didn't know which guy to follow , it would be great to give the suits up in dail eireann a shake up and get someone up there talking some sense finally and fighting for real issues and supporting what really matters to young people

Christy duignans son ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

Who's interviewing who here :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,680 ✭✭✭✭briany

Powerful stuff from Damo.

Hope people listened to the warning about hash. Fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,227 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Hope people listened to the warning about hash. Fair play to him.

tis fairly addictive though

Ha ha so wtf are ya ?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,243 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Are there any areas of the country with scanger accents in Irish?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,244 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The black-haired gaelgoir weather girl is genuinely one of the most beautiful looking Irish women I have ever seen. Seems so normal and approachable too. Stunning

Advertisement