Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tommy Tiernan Show Thread - Mod warning, see OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,276 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Another fascinating show. I will miss it.
    Hopefully it's back in early Autumn.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Tommy goes backstage to strangle the producers?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Some Yoke wrote: »
    Thought she was humble enough for a successful designer. But yeah how dare that person work hard and do well, the neck

I missed it. Is she successful? Looks like an eccentric oul wan who makes her own clothes at home by stitching together random pieces of clothes.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Wheety wrote: »
    I missed it. Is she successful? Looks like an eccentric oul wan who makes her own clothes at home by stitching together random pieces of clothes.

She went from selling into Brown Thomas and House of Fraser to Dunnes.....is that successful ?

Everybody waiting for John Lennon to be murdered (again)?
    CeQue??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,536 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

She should have watched Path's To Freedom for some ideas for lyrics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Good looking girl but that was terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

..state of her...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭Ckendrick

Is it not cruel to bring that young girl on national tv to embarrass her like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,044 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

⁹Not a bad episode. The two women at the beginnings story was very interesting and fair play to them. Neill Jordon was a bit boring but at least he did not let Hollywood ruin him. Your one at the end was ok.
    The song not great but at least it is a song. He has had worse on. I did not find the song too bad not hreat but not so bad you switch it off either.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

CeQue??
    Ah...

• Registered Users Posts: 72,586 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Will somebody be covering Plastic Ono Band’s ‘Luck Of The Irish’ tonight? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

What's the point of clothes if they prioritise form over function?

Too many layers. No wonder she's roasted in a plastic coat.

Ah...
    "Isn't it good ..."

Well... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

She went from selling into Brown Thomas and House of Fraser to Dunnes.....is that successful ?

More successful than me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Some Yoke wrote: »
    Thought she was humble enough for a successful designer. But yeah how dare that person work hard and do well, the neck

Agreed

While she wasn’t my favourite guest this season, I liked her. I didn’t find her overbearing, in fact quite humble.

If you’re not familiar with her career, she is actually a quite successful, well-known designer in fashion circles (her recent Dunnes collaboration notwithstanding). She is most well known for producing beautiful ornate handmade collars (kind of a hybrid between a necklace and clothing).... I preferred her interview over the two Johnnies one from a few episodes back anyways :p

I’m going to miss the Tommy Tiernan fix on Saturday nights :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,276 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I love how honest the interviews are. He has a way of making people drop their guard and not play to the camera.
    He brings them down avenues they don't expect and they settle in quickly.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Meanwhile, in the mind of RTEs €500,000 a year Golden child.......

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I love how honest the interviews are. He has a way of making people drop their guard and not play to the camera.
    He brings them down avenues they don't expect and they settle in quickly.

Neil Jordan said at one stage how hard the question was... I remember Stephen Rae saying he'd never spoken about the stuff he was talking about before. These lads are used to Tubs style of when's your next film, book coming out. People have questioned Tommy's bona fides on this thread. I like to think it's all genuine. The lack of audience owing to Covid has made it more so I think.

Like someone else said I'll miss it too of a Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Poorest show of the series for me. The first guests were ok, interesting enough topic. Tuned out a bit for Neil Jordan. Last one was an awful dose. She said comfort was at the forefront of her mind but wore a jacket that she couldn't even wear to the end of the interview. Turned off the music after 5 seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Goose76

shame the show is over for another season, I don't think I've missed a show since it began airing a few years ago - brilliant stuff.

every week I say the same thing though - why the need for music at the end? wish they could just cut it out and give every guest an extra 90 seconds talk time instead. The musical artists are rarely worth listening to, as demonstrated by the comments on this thread every week!

It’s a pity it was so poor this week for a final one, won’t help with the swing that’s been happening towards him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

Poorest show of the series for me. The first guests were ok, interesting enough topic. Tuned out a bit for Neil Jordan. Last one was an awful dose. She said comfort was at the forefront of her mind but wore a jacket that she couldn't even wear to the end of the interview. Turned off the music after 5 seconds.

The music is consistently dreadful.

I thought it was good..Not sure about ethical implications of surrogacy, but you'd have to say the woman that did it for the other one was kind of remarkable..
    Thought NJ was really good..
    Last one seemed to have notions..

You'd wonder what he'll be doing next year..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

I thought it was good..Not sure about ethical implications of surrogacy, but you'd have to say the woman that did it for the other one was kind of remarkable..
    Thought NJ was really good..
    Last one seemed to have notions..

You'd wonder what he'll be doing next year..

I generally liked all of the guests on that episode, but I do wonder if most of us on boards are at an age where we don't 'get' music like Gemma Dunleavey.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭elperello

fluke wrote: »
    I generally liked all of the guests on that episode, but I do wonder if most of us on boards are at an age where we don't 'get' music like Gemma Dunleavey.

Most of the music acts are newcomers to TV.

That is obviously part of Tommy's plan to give us something different.

The least people should do is give them a chance and listen.

If you don't like an act there is no need to put them down.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

There is nice diversity to the music on the show, it can be a bit hit and miss and some of it is a bit niche, to say the least, but I always look forward to that segment.

Would say this was my favourite music guest he had

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Qrt

Up de Flats is actually a class tune. The recorded version is miles better. Just the ****e production RTÉ had that hampered it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭Ckendrick

fluke wrote: »

On any level I don’t know how anyone could say they enjoyed that performance. Meaningless tuneless boring repetitive uninspiring. My God I was mortified for the harpist and even the drummer had that “please somebody kill me” look on his face.
    What I don’t get is why anyone would be so cruel as to give her the national platform to present herself like this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Missed the show and am now dying to see the music.

Advertisement