Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tommy Tiernan Show Thread - Mod warning, see OP

Options

Comments

Could have sworn Dr. Cassidy had been on before.

Enjoyed the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,044 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Never heard of this fellow. Who is he? Awe OK so not very big or famous then.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

I'm sure he has a good tenor voice to be in Phantom Of The Opera etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Bit boring?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭Allinall

• Registered Users Posts: 19,654 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Ive a mate who works as a swing on Broadway and it is easily the hardest role in musical theatre. They have to remember the lines of several characters in the musical,all the songs and when they come in for their bit of singing and then all the dance moves and choreography on stage of each individual character.

On top of that they can be sitting at home and get two hours notice to do it all on stage that night. A good swing is invaluable to the whole production as they can cover several roles to make sure the show goes on no matter who calls in sick. They also get paid at a level very close to the lead actors, it can be lucrative but not that many musical actors have the memory or co-ordination to do it very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Game across very well, no bs with him, not my cuppa tea, but he's going well, would have liked to hear a song

• Registered Users Posts: 82,533 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Poor man, he's broken from losing his daughter, it's still so raw.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

Poor man. His poor daughter had no time at all in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

So much death in this interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,324 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

A very human reaction from Tommy.

Far removed from Tubridy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Poor Barry. That’s dreadful. It’s nice that Tommy is letting him speak uninterrupted.

The guy is one of those Irish sporting heroes some of us will all remember from our childhood.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,044 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Jeez this is tough to watch. The poor man has had it very hard family wise with family dieing. Don't seem to have any luck. Even his Dad was young. Very sad about his daughter.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,654 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

And to make matters worse he had the Kinahan cartel abusing him and his daughter on Twitter, Carl Frampton needs to check himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,324 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Class tune.

And miles better than the Irish rap guff they have on occasionally.

Excellent music.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

Very nice song

• Registered Users Posts: 5,898 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

There was a 3 part documentary on rte last yr "Dr Marie Cassidy casefiles" you might be thinking of that?

I think she's a great interviewee she always gives very detailed answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Great show, great guests. All totally different type of guests. There are undoubtedly so many great Irish success stories out there, like the singer, who the vast majority of people know nothing about so one of the great successes of this show is that they unearth these brilliant people as well as some 'ordinary' people who have had some amazing life experiences. Good to have the show back and I thought the music at the end was as good a song as I've heard from a new bacnd in a long time, must try and get to see them (de vagabonds?)when things get back to normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,353 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Is Barry not in the boxing game at all now?

He asked him twice what he does with his days now and no mention of being a boxer manager / agent.

What was the craic with that boxer before and the court case with Mcguigan?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,775 ✭✭✭✭briany

The producers of the TTS have selected some excellent folk-tinged acts over the run of the show. For my own part I can certainly say that the show put The Mary Wallopers, Lankum and Daoiri Farrell on my radar. Farrell's rendition of Creggan White Hare - it's one of those times where a performer just completely owns a song, a bit like Paul Brady's treatment of Arthur McBride.

Also heard of Jinx Lennon from the show. That particular performance probably divided opinion a bit more, but I found him different in a good way. Kind of an Irish Billy Bragg.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

• Registered Users Posts: 21,408 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Ye Vagabonds

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Basically fighters were under Barrys Gym and then the Kinahans came along, bribed them with more blood money and off they trotted.

Any fighter worth anything they took.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,619 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Is it just me or is this just pretentious bullshit waffle..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭elperello

• Registered Users Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭CH3OH

He is not looking too bad for 71

Must be the young wife keeping him healthy

He had a child at 67 ! Or 66?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭elperello

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I have a close friend and we discuss our emotions if there is something bothering us.

Maybe Gabriel lacks a close friend.

Advertisement