Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tommy Tiernan Show Thread - Mod warning, see OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Sorry there Jenny luv, u lost me on the story about the 2 doors. Can u do a practical with me so that I understand it??

This soda blonde wan gives me the creeps. Totally sh1t band.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭French Toast

Jaysus I found that interview with Roy to be very poor. No personal insight at all, you'd gleam the same info we got tonight off his Wikipedia. Almost like he didn't want to be there tbh.

The lady who followed was a bit of craic.

🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

What do you know about Roy keane in the 50 years of his life up to now outside of football?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I am sure she would. Sure all you would have to do is lie there and trust her while she lubes you up and enters you with her 6inch+ strap on dildo.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭French Toast

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

And that’s the way it will stay. Roy agrees to be interviewed, he doesn’t agree to reveal anything himself beyond football.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ballygox

Roy interview was boring. Take away the 'tension' such as it was and the transcript of the interview would be comically banal.

As for the second guest she seemed interesting but again we learned zero about the guest. This time cos Tommy showed his immaturity by asking only questions about sex and asked nothing of the guest herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

You'd wonder why Roy would agree to an interview with Tommy. He must have known the type of questions he'd be asked generally require more than one word answers. The little bit he did open up on about the first date with his wife was funny but then he just shut up shop on how it went after that.

Real anticlimax of an interview tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭techman1

Well we found out a bit more actually and only because Tiernan chose not to genuflect before Roy but to get behind the mask, he let the awkward silences linger so Roy had to say something he wasn't intending to say. Tiernan kept hitting on the non football stuff which put Roy completely out of his comfort zone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Banjo Carney

This thread proves Roys popularity beyond all doubt.

Tommys other guest was female discussing such subjects as clitoral and anal orgasms yet there's four pages about Roys interview.

Go on Keano

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Roy didn't disappoint, you've got to admire his stoicism. Too many gobshites pandering for cheap likes and celebrity these days.

Compare Roy's composure to other supposed sports stars and role models, that rugby lad on the LLS or the Andrew Tate thread, to see that Roy deserves respect.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

I must say I thought that interview was terrible,firstly they didn't seem comfortable in eachothers company,Keane was as drawl and dreary as I've ever seen any human being with his one word answers and strung out sentences, Jesus it just made me want to shake some life into him.

Tommy's questions were poor because I think he could tell early on Roy wasn't gonna play ball.

For me Roy Keane jumped straight to the top of people you'd least like to have a drink with,what a boring monotonous man

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭The Minister for Hardship

He's an interesting character, that doesn't make him popular. If Putin was interviewed he'd have a lot of thread pages, Prince Harry, Ronaldo etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭techman1

he is the archetype "hard man" only wants to talk about "man" stuff, he is like a throwback to the 70s and 80s also a bit of the Bull McCabe thing with him like where the Bull goes into the pub but doesn't do any talking lets "the Bird" do that , Roy Keane needs a sidekick like "the Bird" to do all the social stuff maybe thats really what the dog is for with Keane

• Registered Users Posts: 15,589 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Watched the roy keane segment

No fault of tiernan but it was a terrible interview

very boring and dry and monotonous from Roy Keane.

for a man who is supposedly so charismatic? brave? and a leader?

going by the attitude of him last night he wouldn’t fight himself out of a soggy paper chipper bag

he came across as so so guarded and afraid of his own shadow to “open up” and honestly engage

for a man who openly scoffed at the idea of him ever working in media - the media PR handlers really have him on the leash

how things change

I wouldn’t be tiernan biggest fan but he did try to prise a few memorable comments from “keano” but the shutters were down intentionally.

1 thing I noticed is Keane barely mentioned Ferguson - scared of his sh1te of being sued ?

Easier to just keep it as boring and dry as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Excellent comparison...micah richards would be his "the bird"....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭robwen

Didn't Keane get rid of the beard during the world cup & is now sporting a moustache, so this interview must of been done before the world cup, with the studio audience it's surprising the guests didn't leak beforehand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Choochtown

What new stuff did we find out other than his wife didn't want to go to the cinema on their first date??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

Going to be in the audience in a couple of weeks. Does anyone know how long you will be there for? Like what time you need to be there for and what time it finishes?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭sporina

i was in the audience once.. Lisa McHugh et al.. twas great craic.. they do a warm up act b4 the recording.. the MC and Tommy.. can't recall exactly but give yourself about 3 hrs there I'd say.. they will tell you what time to arrive - refreshments b4 recording.. we had a few beers.. enjoy..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,030 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Last time I watched Tommy Tiernan I paid good money expecting to see a good stand up show and the fool turned up langers drunk on stage and couldn't even remember the punch lines or key points of his jokes. I got a turn against him since, flicked through channels last night spotted Roy Keane and watched the interview. What a disaster of an interviewer Tiernan is, equally as bad as the stand up routine. He tries to come across as an articulate deep thinker but looks and sounds like the guy you would avoid at a party, and if you couldn't avoid him you'd just tell him straight up to f*ck off before he tries to tap you for money.

How he is considered a candidate as a peak time TV presenter is beyond me, he looks like a bum that borrowed a suit.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,503 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I can take or leave his stand up tbh. But I wouldn't regard the Keane interview of being representative of his interviews on the show.

Usually, first of all, the guests are there to talk about something or themselves. I'm kinda wondering today why Keane bothered to go on the show, he didn't seem particularly interested in being expansive or willing to show a different side of himself. It made for a terse, tense,interview at times. If the guests are willing to get into things and go with Tommy - which they typically are - it can make, at its best, for compelling TV.

I also think there was a personality clash. Tommy's more left-field questions seemed to not be to Keane's liking and Tommy was often left struggling to find a way to get Keane to talk. Tommy can ask some woolly questions at times, but, like I said, the guest will usually play ball and the conversation can end up going to unexpected places.

I don't know Tommy is a world class interviewer, but compared to what you see on other chat shows it's pretty refreshing to watch a conversation that feels unpredictable and unscripted. Compare that to every Tubridy LLS interview, which are totally rigid, emotionally tone-deaf and ruined by Ryan's deep abiding fear of anything unexpected or off-script: the guy is, quite frankly, a shyte interviewer. That's who Tommy is most directly being compared to 90% of the time, he's obviously going to look good. Ryan gets a lot of stick here there and everywhere for all sorts of stuff, some of it a bit unfair, but he's a stunningly bad interviewer in a chat show format IMO.

The interview was compelling because Keane is compelling and there was a sense of tension running through it the whole time, but I don't think it was a success really. I'd blame Tommy to an extent - he couldn't find the right approach to get Keane to open up a bit - but I also think Keane gave him very little to work with.

Dunno what to make of the Keane interview. I don’t think it was as bad as most here are saying, I just think Roy is a hugely confident, self assured and content fella he doesn’t feel the need to blabber on about things that are not particularly interesting to him. It was an ok interview.

One of the best interviews I saw on this show was the Zak Moradi interview. Now there is a lad with a story to tell and the personality to tell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Very mixed views on here but for me the interview with Keane wasn't great, in fairness he's not an easy guest to interview but thought Tommy could have done a lot better. Also didn't think the second interview was that good either, would have liked him to find out a bit more about her background, how she got involved in it etc. Didn't like his new look and the monkey hat suits him better IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭HazeDoll

I watched it because I'll watch anything with Roy in it. I didn't watch a second of football during the world cup but I watched as much of his punditry as I could. I'm fascinated by him.

I thought he came on like he was expecting the pi55 to be taken and he was on the defensive. I've seen him in lots of things being relaxed and genuinely funny and happily taking a slagging from those around him. Things like the road to Wembley with Micah Richards or his dog walk with Gary Neville show show him chatting about football and comfortably segueing into more personal stuff. He's quite articulate and he's able to express himself very clearly but this didn't come across with Tiernan. It was as if he expected to be asked "Do you think there is a hermeneutic significance to some of the more esoteric language used by pundits, or is it just a matter of basic semiotics?" and then everybody would laugh at him when he couldn't answer.

I don't think it's fair to blame Tiernan for the tense atmosphere. Come to think of it, Keane was similarly wary and unforthcoming in an interview with Pat Kenny on the Late Late in 2009. Maybe he adopts a defensive mindset when he feels the people of Ireland are watching...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭HBC08

I never heard that Haaland allegedly played international football a few days after the tackle,is that true?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭riddles

Thought it was a pretty poor interview in general the show has lost its appeal. It’s as much about Tiernan preening and playing to the camera. Not one interesting question where any sports fan would have 20.

• Advertisement

I was wondering that too. I never heard that reported, and Roy took full responsibility and even pride in injuring him in his book.

Advertisement