Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tommy Tiernan Show Thread - Mod warning, see OP

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 Eymmuroutraged Danu

coastwatch wrote: »
    What a really very silly format.
    It's about how great Tommy is at improvising (badly) with the guest. Great example of a poor interview tonight.
    It could be so much better if it was normal format where the host can think about questions and topics to probe in advance.

I am not sure if you have seen the show before but this is definitely one of the dullest I have seen. I wouldn't base judging the format and TT's interviewing based on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Gonad wrote: »
    I was in court a few years ago . I was up before the judge first and was looking down at people back in the court and recognised someone . Didn't know how I knew him until I got home that night and seen a u2 member had been robbed by his accountant lol
    Was it his housekeeper ?

Ok, wrap it up there Tommy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Tommy is even getting stuck for words that's saying something.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,248 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

There is no way in hell Tubs or Darcy would have got that story out of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gonad

Was it his housekeeper ?

Supposedly he thought that too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I was actually at this filming. It didn't show on the the edit tonight but when Clayton was called the crowd thought yea one was joking cause in fairness he is quite famous.

There was a real a case of "oh my God it actually is Adam Clayton" when he came out

So what silly game would Darcy be playing with him by now?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,248 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

ziedth wrote: »
    I was actually at this filming. It didn't show on the the edit tonight but when Clayton was called the crowd thought yea one was joking cause in fairness he is quite famous.

There was a real a case of "oh my God it actually is Adam Clayton" when he came out

Can we have hints for the next guests, only their initials, anything else would spoil it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Box09

Excellent show in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Can you name this song by U2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭KevRossi

I thought it was good, it was going places, needs more time with him, he's an interesting guy, just a bit shy. Not the best format for Adam Clayton, I think he'd do better in a one on one interview in a room with a cameraman and a soundman present.
    Bit of a surprise, has he ever been on a chat show before?

Yeah, but Bono can't keep his mouth shut when the four of them are being interviewed. Next time you see them being interviewed look at Bono, always needs to comment on everything and is usually bursting to get something out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,618 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

His old school Mount Temple has some famous heads as ex students...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Temple_Comprehensive_School

I didn't know Damien Dempsey went there - and he styling himself as a 'man of the people' :D . It is on the edge of Clontarf but it is still Clontarf.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Can we have hints for the next guests, only their initials, anything else would spoil it :D

One was good and sadly one is ****e the initials won't give anything away and I'd be afraid to ruin it for someone

But I will do hints if yea want

Gonad wrote: »
    I was in court a few years ago . I was up before the judge first and was looking down at people back in the court and recognised someone . Didn't know how I knew him until I got home that night and seen a u2 member had been robbed by his accountant lol

Anything to do with the TV Licence?

ryan-and-ray-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

I am not sure if you have seen the show before but this is definitely one of the dullest I have seen. I wouldn't base judging the format and TT's interviewing based on this.

I have seen it before, it' always been about how great Tommy is at improvising questions with the surprise guests. Sometimes he knows nothing at all about then and it shows, embarrasing for guest and audience.
    Silly format
    Tommy " if it ain't broke..." do a Navan Norton instead

M

One was good and sadly one is ****e the initials won't give anything away and I'd be afraid to ruin it for someone

But I will do hints if yea want

Male or female, tash or no tash...
    gwgm-1000a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

I really like Tommy usually, but I thought he handled that interview really badly. Asked some really meandering abstract questions (some of which more musings than questions).... Tried to get too deep and serious and made it very stilted and uncomfortable. I feel sorry for Adam Clayton, I'm sure he'd rather have discussed more light hearted upbeat stuff. Opportunity missed by Tommy in my opinion.

M

Fletch Lives is on tonight, just have to make it through that Nathan Carter Show for it.

1st Irish actress, been in a few good irish films and one of the best RTE TV shows

Second Male, journalist and this thread is going to go into meltdowns he has been the subject of a good few AH threads,

• Advertisement
    M

1st Irih actress, been in a few good irish films and one of the best RTE TV shows

Second Male, journalist and this thread is going to go into meltdowns he has been the subject of a good few AH threads,

If it's EMcD I will need to get the perspex screen erected on the tv to protect it from my bag of cans :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

1st Irish actress, been in a few good irish films and one of the best RTE TV shows

No idea who that woman is. Next one sound interesting though.

Pure Mule was the RTE show (which IMO was the best until Love/Hate came along) and she was excellent in the magdalene sisters

M

I think the government should scrap the broadband rollout and instead pay people €100 per kilo they lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Kevin Myers?

or maybe George Hook?

E McD is a broadcaster, not a journalist

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Is it not one of the problems with this format - when the guest doesn't get introduced and Tommy thinks everyone else has a clue just coz he does

I just remember her from Pure Mule and The Van. I know she popped up in lots of other Irish films though that I have seen

M

KevRossi wrote: »
    Kevin Myers?

I miss Kevin in the media.

KevRossi wrote: »
    Kevin Myers?

I don't actually want to over sell it. He or she has been complained about in only a number of AH threads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Pure Mule was the RTE show (which IMO was the best until Love/Hate came along) and she was excellent in the magdalene sisters

Loved her in catastrophe too

Advertisement