Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tommy Tiernan Show Thread - Mod warning, see OP

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 Eymmuroutraged Danu

shinny wrote: »
    I was just getting into that interview and bam it’s over!

Nathan Carter waits for noone.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,395 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Ah, you're referring to The Nathan Carter Show and it didn't even start yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

His guitar looks a little too plain.

Did you just assume her gender?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,323 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Googled SOAK there.

I would have never guessed in a million years that her real name is Bridie

Water John wrote: »
    Ah, you're referring to The Nathan Carter Show and it didn't even start yet.

It's the 34th repeat of the same show. It has started and finished 34 times!

• Advertisement

Jesus, I genuinely thought that was a 14 year old boy there!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,378 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Water John wrote: »
    Many dislike McWilliams, maybe it;s his poshish voice but he is very incisive and worth listening to or reading.
    Hes fine. Speaks a lot of sense which annoys a lot of people.
    the same guy that advised lenihan on the bank guarantee. stopped clock imo

• Registered Users Posts: 21,395 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Linehan would have left the two worst banks, Anglo and Nationwide, go to the wall but was overruled by Cowen. We all paid for that call.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,528 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Generally yes, I assume based on looks if someone is m or f, I'm not arsed doing bioloxical examinations, perhaps if people want a special case where they give people some help in identifying them they should wear a badge to say they are from the other side and don't want to be associated with the side they appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Generally yes, I assume based on looks if someone is m or f, I'm not arsed doing bioloxical examinations, perhaps if people want a special case where they give people some help in identifying them they should wear a badge to say they are from the other side and don't want to be associated with the side they appear.
    Well said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

When I meet someone and I’m not sure, I look up to the sky and say “oh sh*t”. They will naturally look up and I use that moment to steal a glimpse at an Adam’s apple or lack of.
    You can have that tip if you want although it doesn’t work as well in the 21st century...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

That's Darcy's Saturday night slot gone.
    Tommy showing him how it should be done

• Registered Users Posts: 82,528 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I think in RTE the Emperor always wears good clothes so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

ziedth wrote: »
    I was actually at this filming. It didn't show on the the edit tonight but when Clayton was called the crowd thought yea one was joking cause in fairness he is quite famous.

There was a real a case of "oh my God it actually is Adam Clayton" when he came out

It did come across on tv the gasp of astonishment as she said his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭briany

The Tommy Tiernan Show is the best chat show RTE have produced since Gay Byrne was hosting the LLS. It seems to be a novel idea to have a chat show host who can actually talk to people, but Tiernan is that.

I only hope that RTE don't interfere with it it too much, like they did with the Podge and Rodge show, for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Fook the loss

• Registered Users Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭bobbyss

briany wrote:
    The Tommy Tiernan Show is the best chat show RTE have produced since Gay Byrne was hosting the LLS. It seems to be a novel idea to have a chat show host who can actually talk to people, but Tiernan is that.

briany wrote:
    I only hope that RTE don't interfere with it it too much, like they did with the Podge and Rodge show, for example.

Have only seen it once or twice. Couldn't agree less. Saw bits of last night's. Had to turn volume off after he started telling some joke at the start. He is long winded in his questions. I saw a skit which was childish. He's not for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭briany

bobbyss wrote: »
    Have only seen it once or twice. Couldn't agree less. Saw bits of last night's. Had to turn volume off after he started telling some joke at the start. He is long winded in his questions. I saw a skit which was childish. He's not for me.

Fair enough. I don't particularly care for the sketches he does either, but I can appreciate their intention as a short palette cleanser before the next interview.

I'm not saying there's been much competition in being the best interviewer since Gay Byrne, but it's still refreshing to see him actually hold a conversation with a guest rather than ask a list of pre-approved questions, which is something endemic throughout the world of chat shows. God forbid there should be a danger that a host might ask a profound question and the guest should give a profound answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭mikekerry

briany wrote: »
    Fair enough. I don't particularly care for the sketches he does either, but I can appreciate their intention as a short palette cleanser before the next interview.

I'm not saying there's been much competition in being the best interviewer since Gay Byrne, but it's still refreshing to see him actually hold a conversation with a guest rather than ask a list of pre-approved questions, which is something endemic throughout the world of chat shows. God forbid there should be a danger that a host might ask a profound question and the guest should give a profound answer.

Yes good to see someone actually listen to what his guests say instead of going some pre writen waffle about how proud they are of their Irish roots or similar inane questions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

It shows how bad Tubridy and D'Arcy are at their jobs when a comedian can sit down with someone and get a much better interview out of them. I'm no fan of Tommy Tiernan's "comedy" but I'm enjoying this. He's not the best interviewer in the world and some of his questions are less than polished. Those are minor quibbles because he seems to be interested in his guests and is happy to sit back and let them do the talking. I really enjoyed the Adam Clayton interview the other night and came away with a very different opinion of the man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,627 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

The nature of this show makes posting the guest list a bit of a challenge.

(He says without actually bothering to check the tv guide).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Gerry Murphy on the Weather says the Farming Weather will be at the later time of 1.52pm tomorrow

As Donie says, it's hard work doing pre-show posts for this show.

I like not knowing anyway, get the surprise along with Tommy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

monkey9 wrote: »
    I like not knowing anyway, get the surprise along with Tommy.
    I've a feeling he knew very well this guest was on the show yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

I've a feeling he knew very well this guest was on the show yesterday.

I think you could right.he seems to know a lot about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Farawayhome

I never found this Izzard fella funny. Have seen him on a few tv shows. Is his comedy any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

More suited to D'arcy boring as f*ck.

mgn wrote: »
    I think you could right.he seems to know a lot about it.

They're probably mates so he'd know a lot about him anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I liked him in Hannibal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

He looks like a healthier version of Ray Darcy.

Advertisement