Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tommy Tiernan Show Thread - Mod warning, see OP

Options
1280281282283284286»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Tight band.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

So that's the end of that

Hope we get another series

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The gurning in that Allianz ad is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

Of course lifting stuff is the real measure of a man.

I wish he had asked her more about the immigration story, like how did they get in to the country and more about her parent's story.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

She turned on the waterworks as soon as her past was mentioned.

While Tommy does like a good misery/mental health conversation he backs away from tears.

If her past was that painful or if she was using the tears to stop the conversation/probing we'll never know.

For someone who seemed so driven by sport I found it strange she'd have kids so young, pretty much in the peak of her competitive sporting career.

She seemed very driven so no doubt her next chapter will be a success too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Shan Doras

Isn't it time this show was canned? AFAIK, it even had returning guests the past season which is just draft for this format. I never watched/liked it but I know people in the workplace who were massive fans for a long time but didn't watch it at all last season so it must be very stale now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Have the ratings bombed?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

No it should not be cancelled. Its a great show. As long as Tommy is happy to keep doing it it should keep going.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

Not really a fan at all, but why specifically can TT's show ?? I mean his Published comedy DVDs have even been been made for a Polish audience which he has garnered.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

"I never watched/liked it"

I think that's the sole main reason why you want it to be canned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭tamara25

don’t agree tommie has very interesting guests on the show, I enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭NeutralHandle

Yes. He elicits loathing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Tiernan is best enjoyed in small doses.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,582 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

It sounds like the problem isn't the host but with whoever is booking the guests.

The host must be popular enough if he had massive fans for a long time.

What are you going to replace it with if the issue is not being able to get new interesting guests?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I never watched/liked it.

🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Personally I wouldn't be a big fan of the show. sometimes it's interesting depending on who's on but a lot of the time I find Tommy is a bit too overbearing, if there's a guest on that I find interesting and I really want to find out more about I don't think Tommy is the best person to be getting that out of a guest, particularly if he doesn't know them. I think he falls back on his comedy persona then and it becomes about him which then frustrates me because I'm more interested in the guest.

So it's kind of hit and miss for me but probably a bit too much miss. I'd still settle on watching it the odd time though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Mod: merged threads.

The fact there's never any guests on to plug a book or for him to tee up a 'So your daughter embarrassed you at school' type story make it a step above most other chat shows.

Some celebrities can be good but a lot of them are fairly guarded, the randomers are nearly always better, Jono Lancaster and Sean Ronayne were the highlights this year.

While I don't like every music guest it has on, it does have more non conventional songs than the Late Late and the likes.

Hope it runs on for another few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭HBC08

Quality goes up and down but is still the best thing on RTE in a decade.

What would people like to see it replaced with?

Some brilliant guests (often the non famous ones) as has been referenced and some great TV moments on this show over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭elperello

You know nothing about the show first hand but you want to stop the rest of us enjoying it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement