Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tommy Tiernan Show Thread - Mod warning, see OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I'll have to watch John Kenny when It's repeated. I just turned over when Tommy asked him about his illness.

I'd rather him than Pat Shortt any night. Nothing against Pat but I can't take the constant laughing at his own jokes. My father used to say the same thing about Tommy Cooper but he didn't realise that was part of the act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Generally can't stand talk shows but TT is a great interviewer of course the format helps .I had the mispleasure of being forced to watch the best of the LLS last night in my folks house , christ but Tubs is a bellend of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

sligojoek wrote: »
    I'll have to watch John Kenny when It's repeated. I just turned over when Tommy asked him about his illness.

I'd rather him than Pat Shortt any night. Nothing against Pat but I can't take the constant laughing at his own jokes.

100% agree.
    Saw Jon Kenny many times before the “Unbelievables”were conceived, always felt Pat Short done very well from the deal. Short had a lot less talent but was a better salesman.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭bobbyss

He had no idea who the Professor was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Blaizes

Nigerian dreaming of going to Athlone :D

That was really funny. Thought that couple were great guests, poor guy to go blind at 22 and then have the misfortune of tumbling out a window. Kind of puts it all in perspective.Tommy Tiernan is a great interviewer am a huge fan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,775 ✭✭✭✭briany

Blaizes wrote: »
    That was really funny. Thought that couple were great guests, poor guy to go blind at 22 and then have the misfortune of tumbling out a window. Kind of puts it all in perspective. Tommy Tiernan is a great interviewer am a huge fan.

He is great, and what he's doing shouldn't be that hard, but for whatever reason there doesn't seem to be any others out there at the moment who can do the same.

The only problem with the show is that he'll probably never have too many really big guests on because I don't think a big Hollywood star, for example, would comfortable doing a totally unscripted, unvetted interview where a little slip of the tongue generates controversy and headlines they don't want to be dealing with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Blaizes

briany wrote: »
    He is great, and what he's doing shouldn't be that hard, but for whatever reason there doesn't seem to be any others out there at the moment who can do the same.

The only problem with the show is that he'll probably never have too many really big guests on because I don't think a big Hollywood star, for example, would comfortable doing a totally unscripted, unvetted interview where a little slip of the tongue generates controversy and headlines they don't want to be dealing with.

You’re probably right about the big Hollywood stars not wanting to go unscripted but for me at least I like that he has ordinary guests because the whole thing feels so refreshing and they have interesting unscripted stories to tell.

I don’t think there are many like Tommy out there or at least in RTE anyway, he has a very special gift imo and a nice way with people. It’s like he does his own thing and is his authentic self, as I say for that reason I have huge regard for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,583 ✭✭✭✭kippy

briany wrote: »

I don't see that as a problem to be honest. Ireland finds it hard to attract hollywood a listers anyway, no matter what the show. If these people are that shallow and/or concerned they aint worth interviewing. They all seem to be selling one thing or another anyway on your competing Irish chat shows.

If you want to see the A Listers, tune into Graham Norton or something like that for a fairly light hearted chat so, granted with some structure.

Yeah, it's just that he's genuine..
    Goes beyond the facade..

• Registered Users Posts: 82,536 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

His bandmate Shane Lynch is trying his hand at fishing next week on Channel 5...#
    https://twitter.com/channel5_tv/status/1144930762740736000

• Advertisement
    M

He should mention Tyreland...
    keith.png

The misery slot again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,324 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Jeez Tubridy will be delighted with Tommy's morbid line of questioning

And us three sad sacks watching it.

Twink alert.

M

sligojoek wrote: »
    And us three sad sacks watching it.

Liam Gallagher on BBC4 working the mic to an inch of its life :D

M

Somalia is an actual genuine warzone kip.

M

Why do women co-operate to have their kids mutilated?

Jesus that really is prehistoric stuff

My mother was here for the last few days. Good job she's gone. There's a fair chance we'd have been watching this in the same room.

• Advertisement
    M

Did her parents give her over to her grandmother for it to be done? If they did they should be locked up if they ever visit this country.

M

Would an air drop of EyePads over that country with videos showing how backward ta'fook this practice is help in resolving it?

The raw emotion during that segment made it an amazing interview.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

"I've never even seen a vagina". I'm still laughing at that line.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Why do women co-operate to have their kids mutilated?
    Because they arnt fit to be mothers. Why would they want that horrific pain and mutilation they endured passed on to their own innocent daughters. They are not stupid!

M

I suppose male circumcision here on the basis of religion is every bit as barbaric and should also be banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

doylefe wrote: »
    "I've never even seen a vagina". I'm still laughing at that line.

The timing wasn't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

I suppose male circumcision here on the basis of religion is every bit as barbaric and should also be banned.
    But some young boys need this procedure. Whereas no young girl needs that mutilation done.

M

But some young boys need this procedure. Whereas no young girl needs that mutilation done.

Yes medically I've no problem with it, it's when it's done purely on the grounds of snipping the tip on religious grounds.

• Advertisement
    M

I love that Thomas Reid lad, money means nothing to him, proper old school.

Advertisement