Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tommy Tiernan Show Thread - Mod warning, see OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

But some young boys need this procedure. Whereas no young girl needs that mutilation done.

Yes medically I've no problem with it, it's when it's done purely on the grounds of snipping the tip on religious grounds.
    Yeah I agree if it's not needed wtf would it be done.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    The timing wasn't great.

Yer one was trying to hold back the laughter anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Yes medically I've no problem with it, it's when it's done purely on the grounds of snipping the tip on religious grounds.

Careful, you'll have Rachel Riley after you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

Generally can't stand talk shows but TT is a great interviewer of course the format helps .I had the mispleasure of being forced to watch the best of the LLS last night in my folks house , christ but Tubs is a bellend of the highest order.

Could be worse, could be best of the LLS with Prat Kenny

• Registered Users Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭Jeff2

She had an important point to make and shouldn't have started by delaying it with where she was from.

Fair play to her for seeking out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,324 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

What's the story with the poet/lecturer brigade's preference for wearing grey blazers?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,536 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What's the story with the poet/lecturer brigade's preference for wearing grey blazers?

Must be hot as feck this weather.

I suppose male circumcision here on the basis of religion is every bit as barbaric and should also be banned.

Male circumcision is nowhere near as extreme as female mutilation, the least of what the girls to through is the equivalent of having the tip of the penis cut off.

Even worse is when the vagina is also sewn up and a tiny hole is left for blood and urine to escape, the girls can't urinate properly and frequently get infections and when they have sex for the first time their husband punches through the stitches with his penis

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Missed the intro. What's his name?

But some young boys need this procedure. Whereas no young girl needs that mutilation done.

My mother's friend's son was circumcised at age 11 because his foreskin was making it difficult for him to urinate

• Advertisement
    M

Can I ride with you in your B.M.W?
    You can sail with me in my yellow submarine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

How come these idiots can't remember there own poems have to look in the book.

M

Not much money in the poetry game, better of writing music for Taylor Swift.

The most boring audience participation of all time.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Nutjob!

From female genital mutliation to music mutilation.

A nice segway.

Must have come straight from pride March. They are crap. !

mgn wrote: »
    How come these idiots can't remember there own poems have to look in the book.

There's a lad that comes to our Open Mic night and reads his own poems from an iPad. Even the non-smokers go out for a fag.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

sligojoek wrote: »

Paul Muldoon, he writes pomes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

When you rock up with a song that bad, at least make it about half the length.

• Advertisement

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Paul Muldoon, he writes pomes.

Cheers M. I saw his name on the cover of the strategically placed book since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Enjoyed that music. Unusual.
    Who are they?

M

I think that's it for RTE chatshows of a Saturday until September when Raymond returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

The most boring audience participation of all time.

I think the 'Pink pink pink pinky Pick' was a nod to the 'pink' navvies...it being Pride day....or maybe I just wasn't listening intently enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

I don't know what's worse the song or the yellow shorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭lisabiscuit

Any one catch the name of the band? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Any one catch the name of the band? Thanks!

Tank and the Bangas

• Registered Users Posts: 13,775 ✭✭✭✭briany

Tommy should be given at least a couple of real big-name celebrities for his next series. They're wasted on Tubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

briany wrote: »
    Tommy should be given at least a couple of real big-name celebrities for his next series. They're wasted on Tubs.

No danger of that in case his show catches up on the ratings of the LLS.
    We seen what happened when Brendon o'Connor started to catch up,the cancelled his show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,775 ✭✭✭✭briany

mgn wrote: »
    No danger of that in case his show catches up on the ratings of the LLS.
    We seen what happened when Brendon o'Connor started to catch up,the cancelled his show.

RTE cancelled the BoC show because he was gaining in the ratings? Well, we suspected that RTE weren't the brightest shower, but I didn't think they were quite as bad as to say, "We can't have TWO chat shows of equal success!"

Wait, was BoC asking for more money?

Advertisement