Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tommy Tiernan Show Thread - Mod warning, see OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Is this repeated some day during the week?

I think the repeat was last night. It will be on the player.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

That band on this 1st episode were fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,594 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I never watch his show, and always heard good things about it.

Watched Saturday nights, and thought it was average at best. Very boring in parts.

Tell me its usually better than that.

It's usually better than that, but like, it depends on the guests..

It's usually better than that, but like, it depends on the guests..

Fair enough, I guess they have to have something interesting to chat about. Hozier was duller than dull.

But I also thought Tommy looked uninterested in a lot of the show. Thought he was gonna doze off during the Hozier interview.

• Advertisement

NIMAN wrote: »
    Fair enough, I guess they have to have something interesting to chat about. Hozier was duller than dull.

But I also thought Tommy looked uninterested in a lot of the show. Thought he was gonna doze off during the Hozier interview.

Hozier was probably a struggle..

Tommy probably couldn't give a ****e what the MMA lad had to say..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

It's uaually a lot better. I only saw the first two segments. The DS guy and his carer/aide were much better value than Hozier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

I think the Hozier interview would have been better if they had agreed to wait out the rest of the allocated time in silence after the first minute or two when it became clear it wasn't really going to work as it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,326 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Caught up with it earlier. I thought the interview with Mark and Ashling was quite beautiful, while the closing song was fantastic too.

That Paddy Holohan is a spoofer though. Average at best MAA fighter not just living off the coat-tails of McGregor's success, but stealing some clothes from his closet as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,586 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Anybody else get the feeling Tommy already knows who the guests are going to be?

• Advertisement

Anybody else get the feeling Tommy already knows who the guests are going to be?

No, it was totally just a coincidence that he was looking up the lyrics for 'take me to church' that day..

• Registered Users Posts: 38,348 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I wonder will one of John Bishop, Michael McIntyre or Dara O Brian be on tonight given the sean cox fundraiser gig was on last night???

Was at it great night with Tommy taking snippets out of his recent stand up shows

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I wonder will one of John Bishop, Michael McIntyre or Dara O Brian be on tonight given the sean cox fundraiser gig was on last night???

Was at it great night with Tommy taking snippets out of his recent stand up shows

Jesus I hope McIntyre gets nowhere near it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Brilliant. Love brendan

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

Where are the Gusset Brothers this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Time to move the dial.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

That dose is even dressing as a clown now

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Brendan O Carroll. He's been on everything from Darcy to the LLS multiple times already. I'd rather more obscure guests

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

sligojoek wrote: »
    Brendan O Carroll. He's been on everything from Darcy to the LLS multiple times already. I'd rather more obscure guests

Good for the UK market.
    Rte will probably look to see the show across the water or gain more coverage for it.

They were out the window when it went into this slot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Stupid question - have never watched this show really

Why does tommy wear the hat ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Yeah, it's a better programme when they are hardly known quirky etc. He knows O'Carroll well and we've heard all O'Carroll's stories multiple times before.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

This is dire, awful format., all about Tommy and how great he thinks he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Cares so much for his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭sparksfly

Jasus, Brendan o Carroll again. Goodbye.

Why does tommy wear the hat ?

He thinks he's the edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

Brendan O'Carroll clearly totally oblivious to mental health issues and the genuine struggles people have with happiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,326 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Very thought-provoking mindset about happiness to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

He thinks he is Dr Phil now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

Very thought-provoking mindset about happiness to be fair

Think he's projecting his own frame of mind on everyone else tbh.

Advertisement