Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tommy Tiernan Show Thread - Mod warning, see OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

If shes 5 years in the system, shemust have been turned down and is now legally fighting the decision

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Usual question......wheres daddy of the 3 children.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

She is not sponging from the country. Give her a break

• Registered Users Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭CH3OH

If shes 5 years in the system, shemust have been turned down and is now legally fighting the decision

Was turned down and under appeal

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

She seems like an educated woman.

She's VERY clever

• Advertisement

More bloody Dublin rappers.. Jesus..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

This song is painful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

I would say she gives plenty of advice to the others in the center.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,326 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Ah Lisa Hannigan.

You are better than this.

Lisa Hannigan is still lovely though..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Can’t stand Rap. Should be a big “C” in front of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

paska wrote: »
    She is not sponging from the country. Give her a break

I also get the impression she wont. But likewise, she strikes me as more of an economic migrant than someone whose life is in danger if she didn't get to Ireland and that interview asked no important questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,975 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

She's VERY clever

Husband probably over in dubai making a fortune before finishing up in his retirement country.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Whichever side you come down on about that last interview, I think all would agree that RTE shouldn't be infecting Tommy's great show with their tired old political bias. This week it is an asylum seeker complaining about the full board that is offered in Ireland, next week it could be two gay people with their surrogate born baby. Tommy doesn't need to have political stuff shoehorned into his show. It will ruin it.
    Stick to entertainment / sports / quirky things.

Yer man trying to look like he's doing more on the laptop than just having pressed play..

5 years in direct provision? What the **** is the hold up?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

Why come to Ireland, all we have to offer is the lowest rejection and deportation rates in Europe and the highest social welfare?

We've lots to offer. It's far from perfect, but it's a lovely country to live in, to grow up in. The people are also very welcoming. It might not look like that here on Bogger Stormfront, but most people are sound. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

Aren’t they all , they’d educate us anyway- lol

Maybe she likes rain..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

She says direct provision is no life but shes got three kids and herself being looked after by a state which never even knew she existed until she arrived in dublin airport on an indirect flight. She is now in a position where she is on a degree course in one of our top universities studying and her three kids getting a good education . Who looks after the kids while shes studying.
    What did she expect before she arrived? I'm not saying she has a great life but she has a life and a future thanks to Ireland. I didnt get any sense of gratitude from her but more a sense of entitlement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

While I agree the timing of this interview may be timely. There is a lot of cynical people on here (yes I know its boards and not shocked). She seems a likeable and appears to want to be more of herselves more than a lot of our people. So I say go on and show everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Rejected then the appeal process. That's why there are people so long in the system.

I wonder why she chose ireland over let's say UK where there are direct flights?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Whichever side you come down on about that last interview, I think all would agree that RTE shouldn't be infecting Tommy's great show with their tired old political bias. This week it is an asylum seeker complaining about the full board that is offered in Ireland, next week it could be two gay people with their surrogate born baby. Tommy doesn't need to have political stuff shoehorned into his show. It will ruin it.
    Stick to entertainment / sports / quirky things.

Well the show is about a mix of guests that get us talking.
    So it worked.

While I agree the timing of this interview may be timely. There is a lot of cynical people on here (yes I know its boards and not shocked). She seems a likeable and appears to want to be more of herselves more than a lot of our people. So I say go on and show everyone

Ur dead right she didn’t create the system it was given to her , she’s only availing of it !

Institutionalised - Go on sonny stamp ur card and stop wasting my time !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Ur dead right she didn’t create the system it was given to her , she’s only availing of it !

If RTE/government want to make any type of statement the Tommy Tiernan would not be my first choice. He could ask anything

If RTE/government want to make any type of statement the Tommy Tiernan would not be my first choice. He could ask anything

I think there should be a good open t.v. debate about people arriving here seeking asylum though. Obviously there are genuine people but there are a lot of chancers too. People might understand the process and it’s complexities better afterwards. It might allay suspicions. Like how some of them arrive here from countries that there are no direct flights from as has already been said.

I think there should be a good open t.v. debate about people arriving here seeking asylum though. Obviously there are genuine people but there are a lot of chancers too. People might understand the process and it’s complexities better afterwards. It might allay suspicions. Like how some of them arrive here from countries that there are no direct flights from as has already been said.

Thank dr. google it tells u everything these days !

Thank dr. google it tells u everything these days !

It doesn’t say how many arrive here from countries with no direct flight though.
    I always thought you had to seek asylum In the first country you arrived in.

• Advertisement

baldbear wrote: »
    Rejected then the appeal process. That's why there are people so long in the system.

I wonder why she chose ireland over let's say UK where there are direct flights?

Was probably rejected from the UK already. We're a bit of a soft touch.

Gas that the mother fûcked off to Canada in 2002 and left everyone behind. Obviously wasn't too concerned for the safety of her daughter!!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement