Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tommy Tiernan Show Thread - Mod warning, see OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,967 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Strazdas wrote: »
    Brendan's points about happiness were spot on ; happiness is what you make it and you often have to step way outside your comfort zone to find it.

Repeated setbacks in life can be a very good thing and not a negative, you're learning all the time. Live in the moment, it's all about the journey. It's hard to disagree with him
    There was some truth in what he said, but he also displayed a fair degree of ignorance of genuine mental illness. You don't fix depression by looking in the mirror in the morning and pretending to yourself that everything is OK.

Having said that, it was a great interview on a great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,975 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Field east wrote: »
    One of the core skills of the late Marion F was to ask the questions that the general Joe Soap wanted asked. TT did not do a lot of drilling down late nite. She side tracked him by saying that she cannot say anything about the reasons for leaving. He did not ask her the following which would give us some idea of ‘who’ she is. Eg
    Why did her mother go to Cana da. Did she bring anyone with her . What about her father. Did he go with her. What kind of business was her family in back in Zimbabwe. What are her qualifications to date. What jobs did she hold down in her own country. How many brothers/ sisters has she and what are they doin and where. She could have had 10 children and there still was not one mention about the fatherS. There never is. I could go on and on.
    She apparently has no money problems because if she had she would have got a job in Ireland to save some money, pay for child minding , etc - seems to be a very articulate and capable lady with excellent English.

Would agree that Tiernan didn't ask the hard questions it all sounded a little sketchy.
    Then again rte probably told him to handy on her.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Would agree that Tiernan didn't ask the hard questions it all sounded a little sketchy.

But the USP of the show is that he doesn't know who is coming on.

Maybe they issued an edict when he signed the contract about how to react to certain classes of people. Sounds a bit implausible though.

Could just be Tommy being Tommy. I hope so or else the show is a fraud.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,047 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I must say this was quiet a good show. I thought Brendan O Carroll was very honest the Embalmer was very clever and decent too and the other woman was nice as well. I wish her well in her application.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,829 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I don't think he has set himself up as a judge or cross examination style interviewer. He isn't out to get people to 'justify' he seems more interested in the human being. He didn't go near politics with the SF councillor for instance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,975 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I don't think he has set himself up as a judge or cross examination style interviewer. He isn't out to get people to 'justify' he seems more interested in the human being. He didn't go near politics with the SF councillor for instance.

True but you'd think when interviewing a person who's been refused asylum one of the first questions you'd ask is why were they refused. In fairness to Tommy he was put on the back step early on and steered away from it.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 33,594 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Well so much for Paddy the hooligan .

Shown himself up twice in 24 hrs. Looks like his political career could be over before it's begun.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,326 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

NIMAN wrote: »
    Well so much for Paddy the hooligan .

Shown himself up twice in 24 hrs. Looks like his political career could be over before it's begun.

A ruffian Tesco brand Conor McGregor says something controversial. Perish the thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

One thing about Tommy is, he doesn't cost the RTE wardrobe department much.

mgn wrote: »
    One thing about Tommy is, he doesn't cost the RTE wardrobe department much.

Rocks the old time sailor look

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,633 ✭✭✭✭walshb

My god....

Ms

Joanne O Riordan. Talk about a legend. That girl is just amazing.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Oh jesus.

There is no way in hell Tubs would have made two jokes about her disability two minutes into the interview.

Tommy will be lucky to get a word in edgeways here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,633 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Alone in the bedroom......wtf..

Ms

I must say she speaks very quick maybe too quick. Maybe she was just nervous.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Cody montana

AMKC wrote: »
    I must say she speaks very quick maybe too quick. Maybe she was just nervous.

We cork folk do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,018 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Oh jesus.

There is no way in hell Tubs would have made two jokes about her disability two minutes into the interview.

Was just thinking that. He would of had the family in the crowd and spent the whole time asking them questions.
    Interesting interview. Like Tommy alot

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

He's right too much talk about stats is boring.

He was talking absolute bollox about the ref in the Final :o

• Registered Users Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Tommy can’t get a word in tonight at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Like him or loathe him, Brolly is to the GAA what Dunphy is to soccer.

Very articulate and a clear gaelic football fanatic. I say he's a great coach.

Seems to be a decent human behind it all too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

mgn wrote: »
    Like him or loathe him, Brolly is to the GAA what Dunphy is to soccer.

Brolly needs a transplant -
    His voice box , just unbearable and add in the ****e that comes out of it ! Omg

• Registered Users Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Crime comes from poverty. Bull****.
    We had nothing and none of us got into crime.
    There is far more crime from rich people.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,538 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

A trip in to a courtroom to witness the workings of a court is good use of a free afternoon, I'd recommend.

Crime comes from poverty. Bull****.
    We had nothing and none of us got into crime.
    There is far more crime from rich people.

There is far more crime from rich people....who think they're poor. ;)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Brolly turning the tables here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Like two lads in a pub only better.

Love Brolly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,654 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Good show so far tonight. Brolly comes across as a decent skin.

Advertisement