Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tommy Tiernan Show Thread - Mod warning, see OP

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

Love Brolly.

Hate him

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

Definitely the best show of the series so far

• Registered Users Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I like this as a chat show.
    It’s not all about the presenter.
    The presenter let’s the guests talk and that’s what I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

elperello wrote: »
    Like two lads in a pub only better.

That's what you call a Saturday night chat show.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,548 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

He better watch the P's and Q's.

• Advertisement

Who is this wan?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Moya's lovely. I had a chat with her and her husband in RTE the night of the MacGowan tribute show.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,411 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Good grief, Maire from Clannad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Ikillbees

Felt tommy wasnt as relaxed as he normally is in the first two episodes. Far better tonight. Only show I record. Best chat show going

I'm not into Gaelic football so wouldn't have seen much of Brolly in action. I really enjoyed that. Chilled out chat and a couple of F bombs for good measure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

sligojoek wrote:
    I'm not into Gaelic football so wouldn't have seen much of Brolly in action. I really enjoyed that. Chilled out chat and a couple of F bombs for good measure.

There is a really good interview he did with joe.ie on YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

sligojoek wrote: »
    Moya's lovely. I had a chat with her and her husband in RTE the night of the MacGowan tribute show.

She always comes across well, no airs or graces unlike some of our so called superstars.

That doesn’t do much for me.
    Obviously a good singer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Icsics

Great show, Tommy has relaxed into it, hope it’s renewed

• Registered Users Posts: 16,047 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

A trip in to a courtroom to witness the workings of a court is good use of a free afternoon, I'd recommend.

I think they are a very dreary dull place full of loads of aristocratic language and the sad part is its not even our own court system. Its the British system. I spent enough time in there over the last two years and no it was not me that was in trouble, but the jury part of it is a joke too. Thats all I am saying.
    I highly recommend staying aeay from courts unless your life is so dull and boring or you want to get into being a barrister or a judge. Otherwise they are just very boring.
    Definitely the best show of the series so far

I disagree I think last weeks episode was better but this weeks has been good too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,326 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Moya doesn't have laryngitis anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 82,548 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

AMKC wrote: »
    I think they are a very dreary dull place full of loads of aristocratic language and the sad part is its not even our own court system. Its the British system. I spent enough time in there over the last two years and no it was not me that was in trouble, but the jury part of it is a joke too. Thats all I am saying.
    I highly recommend staying aeay from courts unless your life is so dull and boring or you want to get into being a barrister or a judge. Otherwise they are just very boring.

But it's fun to see what justice can be bought with the right money and if the prosecution mount a dodgy case how quick it can be smashed to pieces.

Is there more than one show recorded at a time?
    I couldn’t imagine going to the trouble of travelling to Dublin just to spend an hour in the studio. I’d rather watch it on the tv at home.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Paul Galvin on drums?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,326 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Moya is 67! Looks well for her age.

You learn something everyday though. Never knew herself and Enya were sisters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Great set of guests tonight, but I found Tommy’s own story about his “RV” the highlight! Very funny.

Best show on RTE by some considerable stretch.

Had to pop out for a minute. Who are this band?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Enjoyed that show from beginning to end.

Moya is 67! Looks well for her age.

You learn something everyday though. Never knew herself and Enya were sisters.

She really looks great,great craic I'd say,have to say I loved the show tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

sligojoek wrote:
    Had to pop out for a minute. Who are this band?

Mick Flannery.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,047 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

But it's fun to see what justice can be bought with the right money and if the prosecution mount a dodgy case how quick it can be smashed to pieces.

Maybe if thats what you are into and understand what is going on sure. But when the case is related to someone close to you its no fun at all.
    It was all new to the family and is something we want to never have to do again.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Mick Flannery is excellent.
    That was a good show again tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,411 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Enya did tour originally with the band, but it didn't suit her AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,833 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Good show, enjoyed every bit of it, again.

• Advertisement

AMKC wrote: »
    Maybe if thats what you are into and understand what is going on sure. But when the case is related to someone close to you its no fun at all.
    It was all new to the family and is something we want to never have to do again.

Some friends of mine had to travel to Dublin over three Novembers in a row for a hung jury, a mistrial and eventually the conviction of the scumbag who murdered their brother. They said, never again.

Advertisement