Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tommy Tiernan Show Thread - Mod warning, see OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Linda Martin and Billy round 2 would be good :p
    Doooh

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

sligojoek wrote: »
    Stefanie Preissner.
    Round two with George Hook would be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Ocditsme

Can you still get tickets to be in the audience? and if so, how?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,236 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Ocditsme wrote: »
    Can you still get tickets to be in the audience? and if so, how?

Possibly...
    http://www.rte.ie/tv/audienceparticipation/tommytiernan.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

That was decent, despite Vogue Williams.

Kind of reminds me of chat shows of old, more off script. I think if Tommy was given a regular gig where he might get to interview interesting people now and again, he would make a show of Tubridy and D'arcy. Tommy has that very important ingredient in an interviewer which they both lack, an actual interest in people and trying to strip them down to what they're really about. I can't bare his comedy but he's definitely a lot deeper than his madman stage persona.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Duggie2012

Tommy is defo an interesting person. Id actually rather his guests were random strangers than these z listers who we see all the time. That would be better IMO.

No better buchall than me to give out about anything RTE do but this was fair enough.

I'm not big into Tommy but I don't dislike him. The only reason we watched it is because my early 20s daughter adores the ground Tommy walks on. He did well and let the guests ramble away. He made a show of Darcy and Tubberdy who cant manage without cue cards supplied by the producers.

It's also good to see him not being interviewed.

And not a mention (that I heard anyway) of cancer, suicide or depression.

Sorry. I only started watching at the end of C D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Effortless, relaxed and engaging conversation. Kept me interested throughout.

I didn't find misery in the conversation at all. Not in comparison to what the LLS would deliver. Didn't know Christy was into singing like that, for all the previous interviews of him I've seen before.

I confess, I would much rather have seen Tubridy asking Vogue about how a Trannie gets a penis and an erection.

10/15yrs ago, I wouldn't have followed Tommy. Never have watched a full gig. Lately, I am drawn to how relaxed he is with himself, the world and how he draws out the comedy in that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GerryDerpy

Great show. I hope people don't moan to RTE and get it canned. Unfortunately there is too much demand for shoite tv for something like this to stick around.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Dub.

I'm surprised he said that as the LLS has been good to Christy and Aslan down through the years.

In fairness Christy has always returned the favour to RTE.

He never paid a visit without leaving a little something for Gerry Ryan and the rest of the boys..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

And not a mention (that I heard anyway) of cancer, suicide or depression.

Very first guest, including death!

Vogue Williams was very good humoured when Tommy told her that he didn't know who she was. Some other models or 'celeb types' would have gone into Meg Ryan mode instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,338 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Vogue Williams was very good humoured when Tommy told her that he didn't know who she was. Some other models or 'celeb types' would have gone into Meg Ryan mode instead.

As much as I want to dislike Vogue she actually seems sound enough and doesn't take herself too seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,214 ✭✭✭bobbyss

That was the first time I ever saw that fellow from Aslan. Sad that he is sick. Never heard any of their songs before in my life. I had heard he was a good singer but let's remember he is sick so he really should not have been prompted to sing at all.

bobbyss wrote: »
    That was the first time I ever saw that fellow from Aslan. Sad that he is sick. Never heard any of their songs before in my life. I had heard he was a good singer but let's remember he is sick so he really should not have been prompted to sing at all.
    You'd finish Christy off if you didn't let him sing, he lives to sing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

You'd finish Christy off if you didn't let him sing, he lives to sing.

Didn't even look sick,and the song he sang was decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Dub. wrote: »
    I'm surprised he said that as the LLS has been good to Christy and Aslan down through the years.

In fairness Christy has always returned the favour to RTE.

He never paid a visit without leaving a little something for Gerry Ryan and the rest of the boys..
    Am I reading too much in to this ???

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TOEJOE

I don t think Tyrnan is funny at all.Aslan are a great group of musicians with Christy They have a classic with crazy world. finally I thought Tyrnan did a decent job in the interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

ixus wrote: »
    I didn't find misery in the conversation at all. Not in comparison to what the LLS would deliver. Didn't know Christy was into singing like that, for all the previous interviews of him I've seen before.

Exactly, that was a misery slot done right. I suppose to be fair to Tubridy he's not a comedian and the LLS isn't supposed to be funny, but there always of feeling of getting off on misery on that show. I don't think a Friday night chat show is the place for it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Ah lads if yizzer going to diss Tubs or Tommy, at least spell their names right!

Tiernan
    Tubridy

Easier to take you serious then. :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 baltika2017

up navan

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Just watched last night's show and thought it was very good.

Tommy was much calmer and seemed much happier to chat than he did on last year's show.

I'm not always a big fan of his stand up but do enjoy when he's on a show just having a chat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Watched it there now really enjoyed it. Russell Howard has an infatuation with his mother which is boring beyond belief.
    Christy Dignam was really interesting. My wife remarked how well he looked as we saw him 10 years ago in a pub and he looked desperate.
    Gonna watch it again next week, great format.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

I really enjoyed the show, like most of the comments above, i though the interview with Christy was really good, and actually, his singing without the band was pretty emotional.
    Great format, but he needs better guests than Vogue and that other chap

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Duggie2012

the set is atrocious isnt it. why is it set in the 1960's? awfull looking. i find tommy interesting so i'll have another look next episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Ray jaysus Darcy, he has enough time on the telly.

RAY DARCY

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭dmc17

RAY DARCY

Yay! 😦

• Registered Users Posts: 30,178 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Enjoying the show a bit more this week. A Ray's pretty good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭older i get better i was

Ray poxy darcy. Ffs. Nite nite

Advertisement