Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tommy Tiernan Show Thread - Mod warning, see OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,564 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Beverly Hills Cop 2 on ITV4, one of my favs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

Hard to blame TT for that carcrash of a show, Sat night and this is the best they can come up with. Really Total Embarrassment

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Geldof reminds me a bit of Cliff Richard

Geldof has his own hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,639 ✭✭✭✭walshb

F no I would listen to Wagon Wheel all day then Geldif

Absolutely!!

Gimme Daniel fooking O’Donnell over Geldof....

Or am I stretching it a bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,057 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Yet to come out is my guess....

That's impression I get too, explains his '' home alone depression''

For a guy worth a few millions he should be welcomed home by this sight

4331293400000578-4784616-image-m-4_1502547664025.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

walshb wrote: »
    Absolutely!!

Gimme Daniel fooking O’Donnell over Geldof....

Or am I stretching it a bit?

Your stretching it there a lot.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Bobby Boomtown, I think you mean.

I try, really try to love the man. For all the Live Aid craic, and that.

But jesus, he makes it difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

F no I would listen to Wagon Wheel all day then Geldif

Nathan Carter's version of Wagon Wheel is probably the best version all the same. It's just sad that he hasn't been able to capitalize on that cover song by topping it with one of his own songs.

His version of Wagon Wheel is much better than the "Hootie" version

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Nathan Carter's version of Wagon Wheel is probably the best version all the same. It's just sad that he hasn't been able to capitalize on that cover song by topping it with one of his own songs.

He’s no Robert mizzel:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

The interview with Nathan Carter was interesting in that my jaw hit the floor when Tommy told Nathan that he got a sense of depression from him.
    Wondering was there something cut out which triggered that comment as it seemed out of the blue to me.

I'm not sure if I'd like someone making that comment to me without me opening the door first.

Very odd.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

Carter is turning into this generations Daniel O'Donnell, even if you don't listen to his music you know who he is and you feel a real sense of Irishness about him. When I see Daniel O'Donnell i think of my grannies house and the smell of cigarettes and turf.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Old crow medicine show or nothing.

He’s no Robert mizzel:)

I never understood why Mizzel was not a star, his voice is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Maybe both

Greedy!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,564 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The interview with Nathan Carter was interesting in that my jaw hit the floor when Tommy told Nathan that he got a sense of depression from him.
    Wondering was there something cut out which triggered that comment as it seemed out of the blue to me.

I'm not sure if I'd like someone making that comment to me without me opening the door first.

Very odd.

Yes it was odd. Don't think it was fair for Tommy to assume that because Nathan had no lady on the go that he wasn't happy or content in his lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Michelinextra.

Yes it was odd. Don't think it was fair for Tommy to assume that because Nathan had no lady on the go that he wasn't happy or content in his lot.

Nathan said he was drinking late and trying to cut it back

That's what triggered it

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

That wasn't one of his better shows

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Am I right in thinking that 2 weeks ago Tommy announced the end of the series and said thanks for watching and tonight he closed the show as a normal night?
    I'm thinking they switched around the order in which theft shows were intended to be shown.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Don't know the first thing about Nathan Carter but I feel bad for the fella after that interview.

If he wasn't depressed, he is now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Don't know the first thing about Nathan Carter but I feel bad for the fella after that interview.

If he wasn't depressed, he is now

His brother will probably be on next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,583 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Am I right in thinking that 2 weeks ago Tommy announced the end of the series and said thanks for watching and tonight he closed the show as a normal night?
    I'm thinking they switched around the order in which theft shows were intended to be shown.
    The Bob Geldof show on RTE later this week and some timings around that perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Very odd.

I had just said it to the telly moments before TT asked him. I sensed it from the responses he gave that he laughed himself at. Watch it again and it might appear different to you. I remember when he did that living with Lucy programme he seemed happy but somewhat stuck in the carnival or being on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I had just said it to the telly moments before TT asked him. I sensed it from the responses he gave that he laughed himself at. Watch it again and it might appear different to you. I remember when he did that living with Lucy programme he seemed happy but somewhat stuck in the carnival or being on the road.
    Does your TV ever talk back? :D

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

He should have demanded a Bob and Nathan duet at the end. "I've got you babe" would've been perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

sligojoek wrote: »

So he literally just stole the entire song, says a lot when that's "his" most popular hit.

So he literally just stole the entire song, says a lot when that's "his" most popular hit.

Well it's a cover, I don't think he ever hid that to be fair to him. And he did a good job on it to be fair to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

From wikipedia
    "Wagon Wheel" is a song co-written by Bob Dylan and Ketch Secor of Old Crow Medicine Show.[2] Dylan recorded the chorus in 1973; Secor added verses 25 years later. Old Crow Medicine Show's final version was certified Platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America in April 2013.[3]

The song has been covered numerous times, notably by Nathan Carter in 2012 and Darius Rucker in 2013. Rucker's version reached No. 1 on the Hot Country Songs chart and was certified triple Platinum by the RIAA in March 2014.[4]

Back around 2005 a late friend of mine brought a copy of the album OCMS into Shoot the Crows pub in Sligo. After a few plays it was "Burnt" and added to one of the pub HDDs. It was a staple album for many a wild weekend in there. So much so that it was adapted by two lads called Leon and Leslie (Jack n Jones). It became a favourite at their gigs. They later went on to form the now, sadly, defunct Rackhouse Pilfer. At a RP gig one night I pulled Leon to one side and asked him to do Wagon Wheel.

He said, "No, I don't do it anymore. I don't want people to think I'm a Nathan Carter fan."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Geldof was afforded a lot of time in the final cut - 90% of what he said was waffle. Enjoyed his story about the bickering couple on the flight though. But it seems Geldof was under the impression that he was there to plug his new album, documentary and I was half expecting him to plug the new Hard Rock Hotel as well seeing as it was on his leather jacket. The show cannot work when people are trying to flog stuff.

The monk - really enjoyed that.

Nathan - seems like a decent guy, he was very honest in fairness to him. I had no idea he was so young. I've only ever seen him interviewed by Tubridy which tells you nothing. Financially, he's probably setup for life at a very young age which brings its own issues. I could see him taking a career break at some stage in the future and reinventing himself for a different audience. I would guess gigging 4 nights a week 11 months on the year singing the same old covers would take its toll. Anyway, fair play to him and I wish him nothing but the best!

As always, Tommy does a great job bringing out the human side of people we don't know much about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

https://youtu.be/VNTsYfjBcuQ

It was originally an unfinished song by Bob Dylan.

Advertisement