Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tommy Tiernan Show Thread - Mod warning, see OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

She looks like ET when he falls into the wardrobe and comes out wearing whatever clothes stuck on him.

I always thought RM was brilliantly weird and gorgeous but that was a very poor interview. Came across as someone who should know better than to be drunk on TV trying to make themselves sound cooler and more interesting than they actually are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Have it on record, James Milers goal line clearance will be the highlight of the show

Saw it earlier,it was brilliant.He kept his eyes on the ball all the way, probably the best goal line clearance I have ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Think I've seen all shows this series, tonight is by far the poorest

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Decent sound in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Naggdefy wrote: »
    Grass and doc leaves. What most did in rural Ireland pre 1960.

I did that as a childer when a good few fields away from home. Wouldn’t recommend it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Nice touch by Tommy to thank the researchers for putting all those guests together

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

The show is definitely more real than other ****e on the box like LLS.

Think I'll miss it

• Registered Users Posts: 24,607 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

She looks like ET when he falls into the wardrobe and comes out wearing whatever clothes stuck on him.

:D:D

Bualadh bos

That Scanlon thing will be absolute tripe and sadly it’ll do far better than this show.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 110 ✭✭Osamabindipper

Donno I think it's all gone downhill since the Mary wallopers.

• Advertisement

Saw it earlier,it was brilliant.He kept his eyes on the ball all the way, probably the best goal line clearance I have ever seen.

Yeah it was something else, not just him the getting to the ball but the acute angle he kicked it away at. Its hard to believe he is 34, he still has the athleticism of a 24 year old

• Registered Users Posts: 10,913 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

LowOdour wrote: »
    Think I've seen all shows this series, tonight is by far the poorest

I would agree. Colin Meeney was not great the 2nd fellow I call bull on. Fine living we no electricity or running water but he looks he could get good clothes. Again as some say how did he get around to Dublin. Does he not have to pay any taxes LPT etc. Is he on the dole. What if he got sick. Roisin is just a bit odd to me

The show is definitely more real than other ****e on the box like LLS.

Think I'll miss it

With any luck RTE will drop Darcy altogether and give Tommys show a longer run next time out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,285 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Till next time Tommy.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Vivienne23

I'm looking forward to Scanlons show , if she has the balls to ask the hard questions and keep the guests normal people with life stories and not Z list celebrities it should go well

I think that was the beauty of tommys show the ordinary people with an interesting story to tell

• Registered Users Posts: 24,607 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

And it is still better than the drivel on after it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

With any luck RTE will drop Darcy altogether and give Tommys show a longer run next time out

Can we start a petition??

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Narcissist.

To thine own self be true

And it is still better than the drivel on after it

And the drivel that's on 24 hours before it.

Tonight wasn't great but I like Meaney, wasn't a bad series over all, we had some very boring interviews but that's what we get when it's by and large non scripted stuff and I prefer this style.

Narcissist.

I thought she was singing "Nicest sh1t" until near the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Did Tiernan really imply that Star Trek is stupid? Shocking to dismiss one of the most highly regarded sci-fi shows of all time like that.

It's cheesy as f×××, Saturday evening kids show that some adults never grew out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,564 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Wonder will they drop his salary accodingly?

It's cheesy as f×××, Saturday evening kids show that some adults never grew out of.

Totally agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

Thought it was a great show tonight. Roisin was in great form.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

Star Trek is mostly passable but then you get an episode like "the inner light" which is simply beautiful TV. Think Tommy was suggesting it was stupid because of the technobabble which is a mainstay in it.

Second guest? He can advocate disowning money but I guarantee he knows down to the penny how much he got from those book royalties. His reluctance to say the amount discredits his outlook and message for me. The land, which he bought with the proceeds, obviously has a value which is presumably higher than he bought it for then.

Murphy? She was baked and just boring. Like getting caught talking to someone in the kitchen of a house party at the end of the night and you listen to their ramblings because you're too polite to make excuses to leave.

Wonder will they drop his salary accodingly?

Thats half the problem with Darcy, hes got a 400,000 per year contract which is supposed to cover his radio and tv show. iirc his wife Jenny has a 180k contract too. Darcys contract will be water tight so they would still have to pay him the 400k even if they did drop his tv show. So they wont, even though his tv show is awful sh1te they might as well get their four hundred thousands 'worth' :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

I would agree. Colin Meeney was not great the 2nd fellow I call bull on. Fine living we no electricity or running water but he looks he could get good clothes. Again as some say how did he get around to Dublin. Does he not have to pay any taxes LPT etc. Is he on the dole. What if he got sick. Roisin is just a bit odd to me

If he is living low stress healthy lifestyle, I sure it's only mainly infectious diseases he gets.

My lasting memory of Tommy T show 2020.

Someone's gotta mix this stuff up for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

I want to ask Angela,is her pussy ginger ?

Are you Sil Fox?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,649 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Missed it last night...

Did Tiernan ask his usual sex type questions?

Advertisement