Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tommy Tiernan Show Thread - Mod warning, see OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,505 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Roisin Murphy should be a household name. She's very good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

The problem I have with modern society is how work is structured, we are expected to go and work with a load of strangers and be friends with them even though you hate them. In the past people worked with their family and neighbours (who were cousins too), when I go to work it feels very wrong to have to leave my townland, it feels fundamentally wrong and unnatural, it makes me want to cry.

On the other hand I don't think I would have coped in the old world either but maybe that is because I was raised in this era, if I was born in 1792 and never experienced television then I wouldn't have missed it. At this stage I think I would agree to swap my life with the life of a 10th century Irishman, I would be a tribesman of the Cenel Eoghain of Inishowen, conquering lands to the east, I probably would have died in battle against the Airgialla but it would have been a more natural life than watching the Tommy Tiernan show and drinking coca cola zero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

The problem I have with modern society is how work is structured, we are expected to go and work with a load of strangers and be friends with them even though you hate them. In the past people worked with their family and neighbours (who were cousins too), when I go to work it feels very wrong to have to leave my townland, it feels fundamentally wrong and unnatural, it makes me want to cry.

On the other hand I don't think I would have coped in the old world either but maybe that is because I was raised in this era, if I was born in 1792 and never experienced television then I wouldn't have missed it. At this stage I think I would agree to swap my life with the life of a 10th century Irishman, I would be a tribesman of the Cenel Eoghain of Inishowen, conquering lands to the east, I probably would have died in battle against the Airgialla but it would have been a more natural life than watching the Tommy Tiernan show and drinking coca cola zero.

Profound.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

walshb wrote: »
    Missed it last night...

Did Tiernan ask his usual sex type questions?

He asked plenty about 'riding' to Katie Walsh, but went quiet on it a bit on it when Ted Walsh mentioned he shared his bed with his uncle from the age of 2 or how an Italian man offered to buy him as a child! :eek:

Asked Katie what type of fellas she was attracted to etc as well.
    Besides that it seemed more toned down than usual.

The other guest he had on that I saw was Colm Meaney. Were good interviews the lively chatty guests suit him better.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

New* episode on next Saturday 21st March

*according to Radio Times and RTE website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭HBC08

Ten Pin wrote: »
    New episode on next Saturday 21st March

I thought the season ended last week.It would be great to get more episodes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

The new show with Angela Scanlon was due to start either this week or next so if it was going to be live with an audience then that couldn't go ahead. If it was recorded then it might only be a few days in advance so the same reasoning applies.

Tommy's show is probably recorded a few weeks ago. If not then it would be interesting to see if it works without an audience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

I don't see the need to audition to trial other presenters. We have our presenter, Tommy Tiernan. He should be given a run at Saturday nights and get rid of D'Arcy. I'm not being unkind but that is the way the land lies right now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 110 ✭✭Osamabindipper

I love Tommy interviewing, watching tubby last night on the late late and him butting in when a question was been answered all I could think about was.... Tommy would of had an awkward silence there and that feker would of been made to explain himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I don't see the need to audition to trial other presenters. We have our presenter, Tommy Tiernan. He should be given a run at Saturday nights and get rid of D'Arcy. I'm not being unkind but that is the way the land lies right now.

Maybe Tommy Tiernan doesn't want to do live Saturday night shows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,564 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Mary Wallopers doing a live streamed gig tonight at 8pm, make sure you have in the codliver oil and the orange juice for it...

https://twitter.com/marywallopers/status/1238487283793375234?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

He's on about sex again tonight

Can the Mary wallopers leave my awareness again please?..they can take their cod liver oil with them too..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Feel very sorry for Brian darcy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

I thought this middle comedy sketch was done away with??

Is this a repeat?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 110 ✭✭Osamabindipper

Can the Mary wallopers leave my awareness again please?..they can take their cod liver oil with them too..

Noooooooooooooo

My little one jumps around in back of car when I put on cod liver oil. I shouldn't like them but I do they are great craic.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Apparently Tommy's on again next week, is this Angela Scanlon thing a victim of the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Nearly sure that's a repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,058 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Looks cool

• Registered Users Posts: 36,058 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Nice guy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

sligojoek wrote: »
    Nearly sure that's a repeat.

It is, it was on last summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Apparently Tommy's on again next week, is this Angela Scanlon thing a victim of the virus.

Yes. Think they filmed a couple episodes but it's been delayed now.

We can but hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Anyone knowe which episode has the interview wth the ex heroin user?

Anyone knowe which episode has the interview wth the ex heroin user?

It was on 25th of January and his name is James Leonard ,that might help you find it,excellent interview.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I never really considered Dubliners to be a true Irish people anyway regardless of their race, I think true Gaelic people come from rural townlands. It is just like London or Manchester, their city identity is unique.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Might be of interest to people reading did thread - Tommy was interviewed by Gay Byrne on his programme 'The meaning of life' back in 2010. It is still on the RTE player. Jayus, I thought Tommy was putting on the 'deep thinker' bit as a show. But he wanted to be a priest or a philosopher in the past!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,564 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It's a repeat, no new shows have been made since the codliver oil and orange juice band were on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,174 ✭✭✭batistuta9

sugarman wrote: »
    So is this expected to be a new episode tonight then?

RTE have it down as new and episode 12 in the series in their listings, but they had the same last week and it wasnt.

Given the later than usual time slot, probably not.

Sky app has it as season 3 ep 7. The one before last weeks.

Tommy meets Jon Kenny, Simone George and Mark Pollack, and talks genetics with Professor Aoife McLysaght.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,174 ✭✭✭batistuta9

sugarman wrote: »
    So is this expected to be a new episode tonight then?

RTE have it down as new and episode 12 in the series in their listings, but they had the same last week and it wasnt.

Given the later than usual time slot, probably not.

Sky app has it as season 3 ep 7. The one before last weeks.

Tommy meets Jon Kenny, Simone George and Mark Pollack, and talks genetics with Professor Aoife McLysaght.

Advertisement