Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tommy Tiernan Show Thread - Mod warning, see OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭AllForIt

This segment on Somalian FGM is just depressing. And then we have NGO's telling US how racist we are when some women come here to escape their terrible society.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,970 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

AllForIt wrote: »
    This segment on Somalian FGM is just depressing. And then we have NGO's telling US how racist we are when some women come here to escape their terrible society.
    Amazing to see Tommy's own reaction - again, a unique feature of this show that you don't see elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Icsics

Ray D’Arcy! Didn’t we just get rid of him! Yeah, Jenny’s not working anymore coz she doesn’t have to with his salary

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭robwen

Are these just repeats now or new episodes?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,564 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

robwen wrote: »
    Are these just repeats now or new episodes?

All repeats, why they don't just put the bloody guestliest on the EPG on the repeats is beyond me. I suppose you only have to look at the RTE Player for a lesson in absolute corporate failure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

And absolutely no talk about trying to fix the player.

Now is a time to put up stuff from the archives. and just let it work as well as the ads do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Didn't see last night's episode first time round. His opening sketch on accents was brilliant. I haven't laughed so much in such a long time.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Saw an ad there, he's back the 2nd of January.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Poor chap wasn’t able for rosin Murphy, she had him by the scrote :) “do you love me Tommy”

Poor chap wasn’t able for rosin Murphy, she had him by the scrote :) “do you love me Tommy”

Ms. Murphy didn't come across at all well in that interview.. and I would have been a fan before it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

Back as in repeats or a new season?.

RTE have been playing his repeats every Saturday night this past while.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,285 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Saw it too.

Got a tingle of excitement.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,970 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Any idea if these shows have already been recorded?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

New series according to Tommy Tiernan page on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Roisín Murphy just cropped up on Jools Hootenany. She seemed a bit out of out on Tommy's show, god love her. She's rather wonderful though, a brilliant album this year if yiz haven't heard it yet give it a spin. Hopefully a good performance coming up

• Registered Users Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

New series according to Tommy Tiernan page on Facebook

Yep starts tomorrow I think or could be next weekend either

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

What is this. An attempt at two people having a chat with nobody watching? Andrea seems like a nice woman though. Tommy is probably a decent lad as well but I'm not sure about him fronting a chat show thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Andrea is very nervous, she is a normal person :)

I feel kind of uncomfortable watching this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 480 ✭✭ewc78

She’s beautiful

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭CharlieHaghy

It’s very dry, we need some moist. The hair could do with some conditioner.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,505 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

What is this. An attempt at two people having a chat with nobody watching? Andrea seems like a nice woman though. Tommy is probably a decent lad as well but I'm not sure about him fronting a chat show thing.

It can be really good at times, depending on the guest. The gimmick is that he supposedly doesn't know who he's going to be interviewing.

Tommy takes in what the guests are saying and asks unexpected questions, can get very unguarded and genuine responses. He's very empathetic, can sometimes result in TV Gold.

ewc78 wrote: »
    She’s beautiful

She really is. I heard she was doing a line with Bono, on the sly of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Icsics

He’s the best of a very bad lot

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Government buildings

Tommy is dressed up in deep thinking philosophers gear. He looks so profound. Tommy, you're much better telling a few yarns!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Tommy needs an audience to feed off, he can become very mournful in tone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Just realised that Andrea Corr looks like Dervela Kirwan.

To thine own self be true

Just realised that Andrea Corr looks like Dervela Kirwan.

Ah now.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,564 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Hopefully Jim comes on some week, they probably won't allow him until mid summer when Covid is as good as over.

• Advertisement

Arghus wrote: »
    It can be really good at times, depending on the guest. The gimmick is that he supposedly doesn't know who he's going to be interviewing.

Tommy takes in what the guests are saying and asks unexpected questions, can get very unguarded and genuine responses. He's very empathetic, can sometimes result in TV Gold.

There is something therapy like about the interaction, and I should know :p

Advertisement