Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tommy Tiernan Show Thread - Mod warning, see OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Tzardine wrote: »
    Andrea is a talent, but this song is thrash.

It's a classic, covered by so many great artists. And I think you mean trash rather than thrash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Tandey

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Tommy is going after your woman from the Sunday world to see if she could sort him out with a line of Charlie after that.

You’ve been listening to his podcast? He openly talks about doing drugs in the past.

Talent is hotter than Corr. I’d say she’s much more aggressive and better craic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,505 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

The lad was too self absorbed to even notice that Tommy had told him, politely, that he thought he was mad and that he was a terrible storyteller that talked too much

• Registered Users Posts: 3,770 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

What was your man's name? Have to Google him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Sam Hain wrote: »
    It's a classic, covered by so many great artists. And I think you mean trash rather than thrash.

Thank you spelling fairy.

The song may be "classic" but it is still thrash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Herself just showed me on Facebook he works in a local restaurant! Yeah, will be giving that place a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

CH3OH wrote: »
    No.. not a little

He is a total nutter

You know what I think you are right he was one crazy nutter.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Really, find that hard to believe. He's a creep. More chance of her doing a line with Gerry Ryan.

Andrea and Co had a very hefty cocaine habit, you can see it in her face to this day,

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Tzardine wrote: »
    Andrea is a talent, but this song is thrash.

Didn't sound anything like Metallica or Slayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Didn't sound anything like Metallica or Slayer.

Should it have ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

So how did the story end up

After the long voyage he just put the fire out on arrival in Ireland?

Is that it or did I miss something

99nsr125 wrote: »
    Andrea and Co had a very hefty cocaine habit, you can see it in her face to this day,

I must start doing cocaine, because it obviously does wonders for your looks!

Arghus wrote: »
    I must start doing cocaine, because it obviously does wonders for your looks!

I'd say she has had some subtle work done.

Something about a rainbow.

If his Dad was there he'd tell ya.

You can see it really clearly in the video that he made.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

AMKC wrote: »
    I am actually surprised that Nicole did not mention Katie French who died from a bad batch of cocaine back some years ago.

She didn't die from a bad batch

She coked herself off her face

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

His mother threw a bucket of water on it in Offaly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Tandey

Who in RTÉ is this guy a son of to be given air time?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

The last guest made for very poor television entertainment, far better on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

It must be him, there is nobody on earth, that this chap could remind you of. :D

I'm guessing we move(d) in different circles. When I was his age (26) I could have pointed you to lots of people this part reminds me of.

It does seem amiss of Tommy not to ask "what drugs were you taking during this time" to give the story done context

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

My apologies if this is a silly question but does Tommy genuinely not know who is coming on ?

I merely ask because my wife was once engaged to a swimmer who appeared in A Question of Sport and they got fed all the answers.

Sure, look, he's probably a harmless fcker really.

But the pangs of recognition were so strong. Listening to him reminded me so acutely of being stuck in some living room at 4AM and ruefully regretting - again - thinking that it was a sound thing to do to engage a stranger in conversation.

Frozen Veg wrote: »
    His mother threw a bucket of water on it in Offaly.

“yeah great the fire is out, get in the car the traffic is mental and I want to get home to see love island”

My apologies if this is a silly question but does Tommy genuinely not know who is coming on ?

I merely ask because my wife was once engaged to a swimmer who appeared in A Question of Sport and they got fed all the answers.

I think sometimes he does and sometimes he doesn't.

If the guest is a musician or actor he seems quite often to have coincidentally been watching/listening to something they were involved with quite recently.

There are times he hasn't a notion who it is that he's talking too - you can see it in his face.

Arghus wrote: »
    Sure, look, he's probably a harmless fcker really.

But the pangs of recognition were so strong. Listening to him reminded me so acutely of being stuck in some living room at 4AM and ruefully regretting - again - thinking that it was a sound thing to do to engage a stranger in conversation.

Very true.

Yer man wittering on and all you have is the dregs of a can of bulmers left, facing into a long walk back to your gaff in the pisses of rain.

Very true.

Yer man wittering on and all you have is the dregs of a can of bulmers left, facing into a long walk back to your gaff in the pisses of rain.

And you feel a bit bad for humouring them and pretending to care, when you know they'll be the subject of an anecdote at a later date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Speakerboxx

Rte could have surely got someone better for the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Absolutely brilliant guest.

Only watching it now.

What a world it is!

A million miles away from the 9-5.

This is one fearless woman

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

What in the names of jeasus is this lad on about?

Tommy can only nod and keep his eye on security

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

I switched off when your man came on. First two guests were top drawer.

Advertisement