Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden ornaments.

Options
  • 05-01-2017 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

First off i am not here to advertise but i am here to answer any and all questions related to making garden ornaments. I can be found on adverts so i do know this topic very well. I was asked to register here for this very reason and i'll answer every question asked of me. Far better to answer these questions here to my inbox on adverts.

A bit about myself.
    I use to work in england in the 80s making and designing moulds and over the years i have built up quite a collection. This is a hobby to me and nothing more so i do not cash in on the topic. Have no interest in that side of it. I will explain in detail how to make ornaments to the beginners who might be thinking of going into this game. I can point to whatever mould you might be looking for as at this stage i know where everything is. Ask any question related to this subject and i will answer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭VeeEmmy

Would you consider a Facebook page, or share some sample photos for ideas?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

Large pond wrote: »
    First off i am not here to advertise but i am here to answer any and all questions related to making garden ornaments. I can be found on adverts so i do know this topic very well. I was asked to register here for this very reason and i'll answer every question asked of me. Far better to answer these questions here to my inbox on adverts.

A bit about myself.
    I use to work in england in the 80s making and designing moulds and over the years i have built up quite a collection. This is a hobby to me and nothing more so i do not cash in on the topic. Have no interest in that side of it. I will explain in detail how to make ornaments to the beginners who might be thinking of going into this game. I can point to whatever mould you might be looking for as at this stage i know where everything is. Ask any question related to this subject and i will answer.

Hi there..what's a good mix of sand/cement to make durable ornaments for outdoors?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Pandorum

No idea what happened to my old username, maybe this is an older account i forgot about. Not been on boards for years. About your question i don't understand facebook fully and there are so many already there making ornaments i do not want to upset that balance. I no longer make ornaments but i still have the vast mould collection and can explain the whole set up through boards if it suits. The best materials to use has to be white limestone sand and white cement. The grey mixes are fine if one wants to keep it cheap but in reality the ornament won't have a long lifespan. The white mixes on the other hand are strong and as they age they turn into steel but the downside is the extra weight of them but in saying that should they fall they don't break like the grey do. I can upload examples when i figure out how to as i have not used boards in so long. Making ornaments was a hobby of mine where as most who make them do it for profit i never did, not my cuppa. I can explain everything regarding this game with ease. Ask the questions ill answer.

That depends on the materials used. An ornament that lasts decades is the white mixes as the grey simply won't last as long. Downside to the white is the extra weight and its best to keep them well away from trees as they tend to attract moss and once that grips its quite hard to remove. The white mixes will outlive you but care has to be given towards them and they should always be secure away from falling on someone as they can do serious damage.

I use to make ornaments but i no longer do but i have the knowledge many of you out there might want and i have no issue whatsoever in explaining it.

I can teach you how to do great mixes.

How to create the perfect ornament with no air bubbles.

How to make the moulds. Be it the latex rubber or the fibreglass casings.

Point you to where you can get moulds should you wish to try it.

Teach you how to paint the ornament properly.

I made 1000s of ornaments for people all over ireland and beyond so i know this game through and through.

This game should pass to the next generation to keep this trade going. No trade secret with me ill explain the lot of it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement