Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I received something this morning that I ordered on the 11th of November from aliexpress. That's 162 days. The postmark says 13/11/16 so that's 160 days in transit.

I still have one other item ordered at the same time that's not here yet and another one from ebay from mid October. I had given up on them but, given today's arrival, they may come yet!

You've clinched the record now Water.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I received something this morning that I ordered on the 11th of November from aliexpress. That's 162 days. The postmark says 13/11/16 so that's 160 days in transit.

I still have one other item ordered at the same time that's not here yet and another one from ebay from mid October. I had given up on them but, given today's arrival, they may come yet!
    ED E wrote: »
    You've clinched the record now Water.

Nope :D

Ordered from AliExpress on the 19th of August. Recieved nothing by October. Replacement ordered on the 4th of November, postage stamp from the 11th of November and received it this morning!

I thought it would never show up!

Oh! Sorry water, Peregrine and I are now tied.

Singapore Post Registered
    SHIPPED 28MAR 17
    ARRIVED 21APR 17 24 days

SHIPPED 11NOV 16
    ARRIVED 21APR 17 161 days

Its one I wasnt waiting for as I'd forgotten I'd ordered it.

Really hope we dont see this topped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

I had a package from Russia go "missing" recently so ordered a replacement through Parcel Motel. The original then showed up, so this is a good yard stick to measure AnPost:

Package 1 (AnPost)

Shipped: 22/2/17
    Arrived:11/4/17
    Total: 48 days

Package 2 (Royal Mail/Parcel Motel)

Shipped: 7/4/17
    Arrived:13/4/17
    Total: 6 days

stimpson wrote: »
    I had a package from Russia go "missing" recently so ordered a replacement through Parcel Motel. The original then showed up, so this is a good yard stick to measure AnPost:

Package 1 (AnPost)

Shipped: 22/2/17
    Arrived:11/4/17
    Total: 48 days

Package 2 (Royal Mail/Parcel Motel)

Shipped: 7/4/17
    Arrived:13/4/17
    Total: 6 days

FCUK An Post. I'm sick of this sh1t.
    At least if people are using a redirect service to make sure their stuff is actually delivered then don't give the fookers any money by using addresspal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭davo2001

Ordered from Ebay.ie via China post on 13 Feb, 2017.
    Received today.

So 70 days for delivery :rolleyes:

davo2001 wrote: »
    Ordered from Ebay.ie via China post on 13 Feb, 2017.
    Received today.

So 70 days for delivery :rolleyes:

58 days of which was accounted by An Post not bothering their hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Just received something i ordered back in December. Was sent 01/05.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

RossieMan wrote: »
    Just received something i ordered back in December. Was sent 01/05.

It arrived before it was shipped?! :p
    05/01 perhaps?! ;)
    Glad it showed up anyway - I've orders AWOL since November, and some others since January.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

There is a few accusations being thrown around about An Post, with no proof. Can we lay off unless we get some actual real evidence? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

whiterebel wrote: »
    There is a few accusations being thrown around about An Post, with no proof. Can we lay off unless we get some actual real evidence? Thanks

This is true. We do not have any proof, but it's either Customs, or An Post. A shipping company isn't going to have their containers hold up in some port for any longer than necessary, and since it's an Ireland only problem (I stand to be corrected on that), it's C&E or An Post. C&E have nothing to gain by not sorting through the items. An Post , on the other hand, do.

I doubt An Post will freely admit that they are refusing to sort and deliver, but all signs point to it being them that's at fault.

I know where you're coming from by accusations about An Post, but surely we're free to speculate what's happening.

they are never going to admit it.
    several people have ordered the same item from the same site using the same postage method (from origin site) both using a redirect service and as normal to Ireland (An Post) and the results are shocking. that's as near as proof as will be achieved. in addition there have been 2 or 3 anecdotal claims of people talking to postmen who say that that stuff is just being left lying around until it's bothered to be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ace120387

there is a link to check if it has been arrived in Ireland. And if you click China post it will show the tracking within China.
    track-chinapost(dot)com/?page_id=272

The delay is due to the fact that the china post has a low priority which means that even though the status says on airplane, received by line haul etc it never boards the plane until a free space is available. So it is very difficult to predict the shipping timings. So in case you need the items immediately select shipping method as DHL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Other "evidence" offered by my postman is that he doesn't get regular amounts of post from China. He'll get odd items all the time then all of a sudden he'll get a massive load of to deliver from China then the odd few items until the next time An Post decide its a good idea to sort it.

Previously my postman claims he'd have a steady flow of mail from China rather than the current occasional gluts.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ace120387

I have ordered stuff on March 2 and 3rd from Aliexpress. I am still waiting.

ace120387 wrote: »
    there is a link to check if it has been arrived in Ireland. And if you click China post it will show the tracking within China.
    track-chinapost(dot)com/?page_id=272

The delay is due to the fact that the china post has a low priority which means that even though the status says on airplane, received by line haul etc it never boards the plane until a free space is available. So it is very difficult to predict the shipping timings. So in case you need the items immediately select shipping method as DHL.

I had tracked stuff on 17TRACK which shows when it arrives in Dublin my packages above were 3 weeks to deliver for An Post and 2 days for Royal Mail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,505 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I had tracked stuff on 17TRACK which shows when it arrives in Dublin my packages above were 3 weeks to deliver for An Post and 2 days for Royal Mail.

3 weeks from the day it arrives in ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Did it show in the Anpost tracking website? In most cases you can see on 17TRACK that shows as in reached Ireland but if you look at the dates you could see it couldn't be correct as it's only a few hours after it left China, HK, etc Also I don't think they have flights direct to Ireland most flights with post go via UK, Netherlands, Germany, etc in cases like that tracking doesn't show what countries is been after they leave China, if you want to see all the steps you need to post with DHL, UPS, etc

It doesn't show on An Post until they have processed it. Heres a screenshot of the 17TRACK page for both parcels. 3 weeks to process for An Post. 2 days for Royal Mail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,505 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It doesn't show on An Post until they have processed it. Heres a screenshot of the 17TRACK page for both parcels. 3 weeks to process for An Post. 2 days for Royal Mail.

they are coming from russia not china???

• Advertisement

exactly. it doesn't matter if it's Russia or China, won't show up as in Ireland until An Post decide that it will show up as in Ireland by doing some sort of processing/scanning. therefore they can decide to blame the shipper. we all know that it's an post where the problem lies. all the signs point to it. not much stuff coming from Russia compared to China but I guess that An Post have the same low priority assigned to Russia as China. An Post just wants the easy-peasy €1 for smucks sending letters within Ireland. They haven't moved with the times as you would expect from an inefficient semi-state.
    People used to say "TIA" - "This is Africa" for expected bollixology. "TII" increasingly applies.

ace120387 wrote: »
    I have ordered stuff on March 2 and 3rd from Aliexpress. I am still waiting.

that's nothing. I've had up to 4 & 1/2 months for delivery! people on here waiting from November still. a disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

glasso wrote: »
    exactly. it doesn't matter if it's Russia or China, won't show up as in Ireland until An Post decide that it will show up as in Ireland by doing some sort of processing/scanning. therefore they can decide to blame the shipper. we all know that it's an post where the problem lies. all the signs point to it. not much stuff coming from Russia compared to China but I guess that An Post have the same low priority assigned to Russia as China. An Post just wants the easy-peasy €1 for smucks sending letters within Ireland. They haven't moved with the times as you would expect from an inefficient semi-state.
    People used to say "TIA" - "This is Africa" for expected bollixology. "TII" increasingly applies.

As has been said, most of the stuff from China tends to be fake/illegal or dangerous so it gets special attention from customs, not An Post.

Also carriers (air) will only take letter post from China now due to exploding batteries. The rest goes by boat.

I appreciate boards don't wanna get sued.

That said:
    Antrim OK
    London OK
    Zittau (Germany) OK
    Hoofdorp (NL) OK
    Dublin Disaster

The options are, from my laymans knowledge:
    A) Mail is being left at a handover point in the UK/NL
    B) Mail is being left at the DMC or Portlaoise
    C) Customs In the past all ref to customs mail get scanned by AP first, thats not been reported once.

Can I be clear, MAIL IS NOT STUCK ON A SHIP. Thats not it. Please drop that narrative.
    L2OvMabm.jpgUzh1zNam.jpg
    Ship transit times are 23 days (excluding loading, unloading and the fact they don't leave daily) so it is impossible that this mail is going surface as UK routes are arriving far to quickly for that.

We only have one USO for mail. Saying its not AP is like the water going off in leinster house and Irish Water saying "Ahh you dont know that its us lads!".

prinzeugen wrote: »
    Also carriers (air) will only take letter post from China now due to exploding batteries. The rest goes by boat.

The 18650 batteries I order get redirected to NL because of the restrictions and are arriving in 2-3wks. They say its skipping airmail but the delivery times say otherwise. Buying a battery is a good way to get your order on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

Bought a sushi bazooka from eBay (hong Kong) arrived last week a few days short of 4 months waiting. Not too bothered though, it only cost $5. Same product from the UK nearly £20

prinzeugen wrote: »
    As has been said, most of the stuff from China tends to be fake/illegal or dangerous so it gets special attention from customs, not An Post.

most of stuff from China is not fake/illegal or dangerrous.
    That's not the point. The point is why does it the post mysteriously get to most countries quickly but to Ireland (or more likely IN IRELAND) it gets delayed by inordinate amounts of time.

Bought a sushi bazooka from eBay (hong Kong) arrived last week a few days short of 4 months waiting. Not too bothered though, it only cost $5. Same product from the UK nearly £20

I just googled Sushi Bazooka. Cool and all that it is, I'm somewhat disappointed it's not a sushi delivery method.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Got a delivery yesterday of an IP cam, ordered it around Feb 20th or thereabouts, shipped five or so days later. That's the longest I've ever waited from a China delivery.

On the other hand, I ordered a few art prints from China on April 5th and they arrived last Friday, April 21st. Swings and roundabouts at the moment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭flintash

"Waiting" for in item shipped 25 FEB. Another one 07 Mar. Last item bought on 21Mar arrived promptly in three weeks, that was surprise.
    Mentioning Russia, the item (letter) came in under two weeks.

Advertisement