Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭corkie

Berserker wrote: »
    How does customs work when ordering from China via ebay? Looking at buying an item which costs €30, in case the cost comes into play. Would be using Parcel Motel for delivery in Ireland.

Why if ordering from China, are you paying for PM. Also not sure but PM might not accept the item, if customs need paying.

Can I purchase goods from outside the EU using my Parcel Motel Address?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Bought a small item in China - it cost $2.34 ( Aliexpress) It departed country of origin on 23rd June . That's the last update available . Its travelling with Yanwen Economic Air Mail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

Bought a small item in China - it cost $2.34 ( Aliexpress) It departed country of origin on 23rd June . That's the last update available . Its travelling with Yanwen Economic Air Mail

My last few shipments with Yanwen from China have all been via Istanbul and given new tracking numbers there. They've all arrived after about a month, so i'd not be worrying too much yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I know people who have received small packages from China within days.

I posted a small box from Hangzhou in the last day of May in 2013. Still no sign of it. :p

Depends on who your order shipped with!?

Still waiting on a July 09 Order (Yanwen Economic Air Mail).
    http://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/S00000025585271

But have received two orders within 15 & 16 days.

http://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/RF720569753SG << Singapore Post
    http://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/RB782484823SG << AliExpress Standard Shipping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

corkie wrote: »

Yeah, as per my post above. It's been routed via Istanbul and given new tracking number there. Seems to be the standard way with Yanwen shipments lately, takes around a month. They were shipping them via the Philippines for a while before that, which in my experience were taking even longer.

I paid for my item on 2nd June . That's 2 months and 9 days and still no sign of my package .

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭ScottCapper

Waiting on a few bits atm. I’d say iv ordered about 30+ times this year already through aliexpress,dhgate only one order never showed (disputed tracking wasn’t working) and got my money back no prob.

I paid for my item on 2nd June . That's 2 months and 9 days and still no sign of my package .

My item timed out today. I've had to open a dispute . Bought on 2nd June - It was supposed to have departed Istanbul for Ireland on 23rd June .

• Advertisement

Alt: - http://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/UH598317139TR

That parcel arrived today for me. 6 weeks from date of order.
    My item timed out today. I've had to open a dispute . Bought on 2nd June - It was supposed to have departed Istanbul for Ireland on 23rd June .

Did that ever arrive, or did you get your money back anyway as not delivered in Purchase Protection window?

That parcel arrived today for me. 6 weeks from date of order.

Did that ever arrive, or did you get your money back anyway as not delivered in Purchase Protection window?

Hello friend. I am sending this message to update the status of your order. The information shows it have arrived at your post office. You will get it soon. In case your country Post delay it, please try to contact with them, maybe you can get it earlier. Please note that package delivery. Hope you love the product when get my products.

Not at all. No sign of it yet. Last info is that it left Istanbul for Ireland on 23rd June . Above is message from Ali seller .

Not at all. No sign of it yet. Last info is that it left Istanbul for Ireland on 23rd June . Above is message from Ali seller .

How can they even tell!?
    This is the final status. Carrier doesn't provide further tracking updates.

They don't provide tracking all the way here with that carrier method.
    Your being fob off!

Aliexpress will probably side with you, due to Purchase Protection window?

How can they even tell!?

They don't provide tracking all the way here with that carrier method.
    Your being fob off!

Aliexpress will probably side with you, due to Purchase Protection window?

Ali are siding with me . The refund is in progress... I get back my 2 dollars and 4 dimes or whatever their called .

I now need to order red berries for Christmas logs next , but am afraid they won't arrive by xmas week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I have two items that have arrived in ireland according to aliexpress tracking but haven't delivered after 4 days. Is that normal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

griffdaddy wrote:
    I have two items that have arrived in ireland according to aliexpress tracking but haven't delivered after 4 days. Is that normal?

Yes. They come in a massive container and have to be sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

RossieMan wrote: »
    Yes. They come in a massive container and have to be sorted.

Ah OK thanks. I've had things show up as arrived in country on Ali and then get delivered the next day in the past

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Only because you were lucky, and your things were on top of the pile. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Item bought 28 June, had seller increase purchase protection by 20 days. Hoping it arrives soon.

Ali are siding with me . The refund is in progress... I get back my 2 dollars and 4 dimes or whatever their called .

:)

So my little package did arrive last Tuesday . It was a few days too late though as Aliexpress stepped in on the 25th Aug.
    I messaged seller and told him , but it looks like the refund is going through . I left him great feedback anyway.

A Jul. 28 order arrived this morning!

5 Weeks Yanwen Economic Air Mail

http://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/S00000033817145

or alt: - http://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/UH610534045TR

• Advertisement
    Unregistered Users

That one was extremely quick, I have to admit.

489728.png

http://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/UH615130309TR <<< Yanwen Economic Air Mail

Another July 31st order arrived today.

5 weeks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Got a parcel ordered on the 28th of June. Really gone to the dogs again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Hi.Just quick question.My parcel arrived in Ireland 12 days ago and still havent cleared customs.Tracking says "arrived in destination country".
    In the past I got delivery in 2-4 days.
    Does it take that long?

Unregistered Users

Sometimes it does. By the way, Singapore Post or Turkish, if you don't mind me asking? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

joujoujou wrote: »
    Sometimes it does. By the way, Singapore Post or Turkish, if you don't mind me asking? :)

Singapore.Bought few things for my retro consoles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

Anyone have any experience of the time stuff takes to get to Ireland these days? This is my first experience with them.

Standard Shipping, ordered 22/9. Marked "transport by airline" 30/9.

What are the chances of it making it to Dublin by 22/10?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

MOD: Best suited here as already talking about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭septictank

DivingDuck wrote: »
    Anyone have any experience of the time stuff takes to get to Ireland these days? This is my first experience with them.

Standard Shipping, ordered 22/9. Marked "transport by airline" 30/9.

What are the chances of it making it to Dublin by 22/10?

Depends where it's coming from. I recieved one this week that was ordered 8 days before and I have stuff on order that on tracking has left Cjina 10 days ago, took a week for that and still is not in this country. so 1week to 2 months.

septictank wrote: »
    Depends where it's coming from. I recieved one this week that was ordered 8 days before and I have stuff on order that on tracking has left Cjina 10 days ago, took a week for that and still is not in this country. so 1week to 2 months.

What happens when it gets here? With standard shipping, does it come via An Post or a courier?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

DivingDuck wrote: »
    What happens when it gets here? With standard shipping, does it come via An Post or a courier?

an post

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

I learned to never order stuff you need by a certain date. I ordered something in August knowing that it would take a few weeks/months. It's been 7 weeks and really need it next week. I thought I ordered it in plenty of time but clearly not. Looking like I might have to order it on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Amouar

Ordered from Aliexpress on the 6th of September, it shows as arrived destination country on 16th September, but still no sign of it http://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/LP00146848558395

EDIT: I just received my package today.(17/10)

Got the stuff I ordered on the 22/9 this morning.

It's still marked as "departed country of origin" on the AliExpress page. An Post have no clue it ever entered their system, going by the tracking number, but someone delivered it earlier!

Ordered the other half of what I wanted now that I've seen whether this one is any good (it is), and we'll see how long that takes given we've now entered the run up to Christmas. It really is a crapshoot, though.

Unregistered Users

Many Chinese sellers use services providing partial tracking, Chinese border being the end of it. Cheaper for them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

Don't use Aliexpress Premium Service (which is DHL by another name!) i got caught for customs and DHL wouldn't let me appeal the decision (well they would at a cost of 50euros)

I took my chance on a 30euro item, still cheaper to pay the customs if caught. I on purpose didn't select DHL instead I selected Aliexpress premium service and that is actually DHL

DHL stopped it in Dublin, then sent me a request for 40eur. When I queried it they said the sender had put the value on the package but hadn't indicated the frieght charge (which they had I checked) and then proceeded to say freight was 70eur on top of the cost of the item and then did the calculation on that

When I rang them the girl was unbelievably rude and basically said pay it or else you don't get her. I told her send it back the seller will resend by post (again I don;t mind paying what is owed but I'm not paying that much extra!)

So be careful!

MOD : <snip> I can't believe they are allowed to operate like that when they clearly got the calculation wrong

I was fuming!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

2019-09-30 10:00
    Destination Country, Item arrived to destination country.

2019-09-30 07:25
    Turkey, ISTANBUL, Item was uplifted to flight to destination country.

2019-09-29 10:31
    İSTANBUL(AVR), BAŞAKŞEHİR, Item Forwarded to Destination Country

2019-09-28 04:05
    Origin, Item departed from origin

2019-09-25 13:53
    Origin, Item is at agent warehouse

2019-09-24 11:25
    Origin, Item Is Ready for Ship

A month+, a little longer from time of order.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

ImARebel wrote: »
    Don't use Aliexpress Premium Service (which is DHL by another name!) i got caught for customs and DHL wouldn't let me appeal the decision (well they would at a cost of 50euros)

I took my chance on a 30euro item, still cheaper to pay the customs if caught. I on purpose didn't select DHL instead I selected Aliexpress premium service and that is actually DHL

DHL stopped it in Dublin, then sent me a request for 40eur. When I queried it they said the sender had put the value on the package but hadn't indicated the frieght charge (which they had I checked) and then proceeded to say freight was 70eur on top of the cost of the item and then did the calculation on that

When I rang them the girl was unbelievably rude and basically said pay it or else you don't get her. I told her send it back the seller will resend by post (again I don;t mind paying what is owed but I'm not paying that much extra!)

So be careful!

MOD : <snip> I can't believe they are allowed to operate like that when they clearly got the calculation wrong

I was fuming!

The courier companies are obligated under their agreement with Customs to show the freight cost if none shown on the invoice. DHL explain on their site that the rate they use is 30% off their tariff. If it is sent express it is expensive and he VAT to be collected reflects that.

whiterebel wrote: »
    The courier companies are obligated under their agreement with Customs to show the freight cost if none shown on the invoice. DHL explain on their site that the rate they use is 30% off their tariff. If it is sent express it is expensive and he VAT to be collected reflects that.

But it was on the invoice I got the seller to send me a pic and when the driver came to the door I checked and it matched what the seller had said (and what I paid 9.85dollars)

I said it to him and he shrugged and said it'll cost you more to argue with it so I just sent it back

Anyway it was just a heads up for anyone thinking of using AliExpress premium service

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

The problem is that no-one believes the shipping figures that shippers use from China. $9.85 express from China? You wouldn’t get it from UK to Ireland for that.

whiterebel wrote: »
    The problem is that no-one believes the shipping figures that shippers use from China. $9.85 express from China? You wouldn’t get it from UK to Ireland for that.

But that is what I paid for it.. 34 for the item 9 for the shipping. I have the invoice...so I don't see what the issue is there. The DHL option was 20. So why then if they didn't believe the 9, then charge me 20 not 70

Anyway I didn't post to get into a row about what I was due to pay, I've no problem paying based on what I paid. It was just to give people a heads up

Recieved 5 items from different suppliers ordered at different times, all of which said on tracking they had arrived over a week. Going on that they were in an post for a while and a container was opened with them all in it and then sorted.

Between 3 and 7 weeks difference in ordering time.

So one of the items was here in 2 weeks.

All ordered through Aliexpress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭SPDUB

septictank wrote: »
    Recieved 5 items from different suppliers ordered at different times, all of which said on tracking they had arrived over a week. Going on that they were in an post for a while and a container was opened with them all in it and then sorted.

Between 3 and 7 weeks difference in ordering time.

So one of the items was here in 2 weeks.

All ordered through Aliexpress.

If they were all in one container wouldn't that mean the chinese end held on some of them until container was full and then shipped it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Just had an order show up today. I placed the order on 16th of August. I knew delivery could be bad but I never expected 3 months and 2 days!

Not a first for this thread.

Bought a phone on Singles Day. Curious to see how much congestion that hits. Didnt even end up saving anything vs ordering a week earlier :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

SPDUB wrote: »
    If they were all in one container wouldn't that mean the chinese end held on some of them until container was full and then shipped it

I have no idea how things are done, but could be that they have a container/area at an post sorting that when it gets to a level they then sort it as a priority, but might have taken a week or 2 to fill.

ED E wrote: »
    Not a first for this thread.

Bought a phone on Singles Day. Curious to see how much congestion that hits. Didnt even end up saving anything vs ordering a week earlier :rolleyes:

I baught a few bits on singles day, some are "ready for dispatch" some are "Shipment dispatched" and others have "Depart Country of origin" all ordered within an hour or two of each other from Aliexpress.

So not in the same container from China.

Phone case from Madrid, 3 days from order to delivery. At least the EU side is working well.

3rd Nov order arrived today.

Singapore Post: - http://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/RF752564355SG

2 days in advance of estimated delivery.

Have two other orders from 11//11 both on flights.

1 estimated 26th to 1st, other 6th to 15th dec.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,647 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Ordered an Aphex Twin Collapse t-shirt as they are hard to come by, well delivery to Ireland anyways through the likes of Amazon. Anyway I ordered this t-shirt from Aliexpress and received an email notification that it was dispatched on 9th November and that I would receive tracking within 5 to 10 days of that email. Its now the 21st November and no sign of this email with tracking, hopefully it just makes its way to me as I've no idea where it is at this stage. Tried to track through Aliexpress but found their site to be buggy as fcuk and unusable. Have sent them DMs through Facebook, emailed them and no word. Its just a one off purchase which only cost about $13 dollars so if no sign of package will not order anything else from this site.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
Advertisement