Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

2020-07-20 11:56
    We delivered your post

2020-07-20 09:03
    Your post is out for delivery

2020-07-20 04:19
    We have your post and are getting it ready for delivery

2020-07-17 08:53
    DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12, Your delivery has been sorted in

2020-07-17 07:49
    DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12, We have your post in

2020-07-17 06:49
    DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12, Your delivery was received by An Post in

Origin - Tracking consuming: 343 ms
    2020-07-20 11:56
    The item has been delivered successfully

2020-07-17 06:49
    The item has been processed in the country of destination

2020-06-23 16:08
    The item is on transport to the country of destination

2020-06-22 10:30
    The item is at the PostNL sorting center

2020-06-18 19:31
    The shipment is handed over in bulk, final acceptance of goods to be confirmed

2020-06-05 08:33
    The item is ready for shipment

2020-06-05 08:30
    The item is pre-advised

Normal enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Placed 3 orders on April 11th. Two allegedly arrived in my country between the 5th and 23rd of May. Neither have been seen or delivered since. Am I likely to get them at this stage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Placed 3 orders on April 11th. Two allegedly arrived in my country between the 5th and 23rd of May. Neither have been seen or delivered since. Am I likely to get them at this stage?

where did you see that they had arrived in this country? i had that recently with an order i disputed on aliexpress. the seller insisted the item was in my country but when i checked 17Track.net it was actually in belarus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Oldest order I'm waiting on was purchased on 30.04.2020.
    A few May orders still outstanding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Oldest order I'm waiting on was purchased on 30.04.2020.
    A few May orders still outstanding.

Why do we even bother if it takes this long

The thing I got today was worth the wait though. It's a can crusher. ðŸ˜

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

How many cans did you store while you waited if you don't mind me asking? ;)

That is precisely An Post's intention

Although they do seem to be getting through some stuff in the last 2/3 weeks

possibly in the last months of cheap postage from China in any case with UPU changes coming in and if they have the desired effect

Higher charges to come in for shipping from China to the US starting 2021. would assume the same for Ireland...

https://redstagfulfillment.com/universal-postal-union-treaty/#:~:text=The%20new%20Universal%20Postal%20Union,other%20countries%20could%20also%20change.

So my item which arrived in an post gorey dsu has been sent back to holland and then china because the address wasn't legible wtf

Raging here

• Advertisement

So my item which arrived in an post gorey dsu has been sent back to holland and then china because the address wasn't legible wtf
    Raging here
    Few posts back i mentioned poor labelling and was told An Post use bar code. maybe bar code was faded too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Few posts back i mentioned poor labelling and was told An Post use bar code. maybe bar code was faded too.

All the Chinese labelling seems to be bad, too tiny and always half rubbed off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The thing I got today was worth the wait though. It's a can crusher. ðŸ˜

Bought one of them from amazon before, useless yoke. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

What does arrived at destination country mean... I would take that as arriving in Ireland. But how do they know if it hasn't been scanned on this side?

It's been two weeks when I got that notification of it arriving at destination country.

What does arrived at destination country mean... I would take that as arriving in Ireland. But how do they know if it hasn't been scanned on this side?

It's been two weeks when I got that notification of it arriving at destination country.

there is no guarantee that "arrived at destination country" means it has arrived in ireland. a lot of shipments recently are going through other countries first so the parcel could be in holland or belarus or anywhere really. put the tracking number into 17track.net and that will tell you where it actually is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Anyone know if you can track Dell products more accurately than on their website? My laptop is sent from China with Interlink Express. Shipped on Monday, I can't seem to find a tracking number.

Quite disappointed with Dell from the delivery standpoint, as they never told me when I was purchasing that it would be August before the laptop arrived and I really need it this week. I would have paid extra for fast shipping if given the option but I'm not sure it's possible at the moment from China.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

there is no guarantee that "arrived at destination country" means it has arrived in ireland. a lot of shipments recently are going through other countries first so the parcel could be in holland or belarus or anywhere really. put the tracking number into 17track.net and that will tell you where it actually is.

You're right, it's in the Netherlands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Ordered some pcbs on 3rd July from jlcpcb and they were delivered today so not too bad. Strange thing is that in the From section on the label is PO Box 737, Southall, UB3 9RE, UK. The order was shipped from China originally but how does it end up with a UK address that seems to be Royal Mail. Wonder was it a bulk shipment from China and then posted on from the UK?

FanadMan wrote: »
    Ordered some pcbs on 3rd July from jlcpcb and they were delivered today so not too bad. Strange thing is that in the From section on the label is PO Box 737, Southall, UB3 9RE, UK. The order was shipped from China originally but how does it end up with a UK address that seems to be Royal Mail. Wonder was it a bulk shipment from China and then posted on from the UK?

Prob drop shipped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

where did you see that they had arrived in this country? i had that recently with an order i disputed on aliexpress. the seller insisted the item was in my country but when i checked 17Track.net it was actually in belarus.

I have two from Aliexpress coming too. Have received repeated emails to tell me they have arrived in my country but tracking on that website also seems to suggest they are in Belarus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭septictank

Order I put in with Aliexpress on the 29th June just arrived, can't fault that, but no sign of the March ones yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭PreCocious

Received items this morning from Banggood - ordered 12 July.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Received 5 packages this week. Tracking was spot on for 2, the other 3 are still showing as being "in transit, item sent to Ireland " 2 from May, 1from June and 2 from July

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭muirsheen

""The shipment is handed over in bulk, final acceptance of goods to be confirmed""

item stuck in Netherlands since 29th June. This is the latest. Hopefully see orders filtering through now

I dunno what to do about my 2 orders from Aliexpress - have 2 orders placed (ebay) and arrived from China since I made these Aliexpress orders

The two aliexpress orders tracking says
    26/06 - Parcel Status Arrived in destination country; awaiting customs clearance

17 Track says
    2020-06-26 10:07 - The item is ready for shipment

and another that took 3 weeks before it was even posted saying
    19/07 - Parcel Status Arrived in destination country; awaiting customs clearance

17 Track says
    2020-07-20 09:01
    The item is ready for shipment

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭shaneos

I got a small parcel today that was posted from China in April! Maybe An Post is working through the back log now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 459 ✭✭Dublinandy3

Hope and fear at the same time.

Last week I had an item processsed and delivered that i ordered only 2 weeks ago, problem was they delivered it somewhere else and te post office tells me the sender has to put a request in for a missing item for them to investigate. Obviouslythe seller won't do this because the tracking shows as delivered so Aliexpress has paid them. Not the sellers fault just annoying.

Today my remaining 3 items that have been missing in action for several months seems to have all popped up on an post tracking at the same time and out for delivery today. Here's hoping I actually get them.

Last week I had an item processsed and delivered that i ordered only 2 weeks ago, problem was they delivered it somewhere else and te post office tells me the sender has to put a request in for a missing item for them to investigate. Obviouslythe seller won't do this because the tracking shows as delivered so Aliexpress has paid them. Not the sellers fault just annoying.

Today my remaining 3 items that have been missing in action for several months seems to have all popped up on an post tracking at the same time and out for delivery today. Here's hoping I actually get them.

I would still open a dispute on Aliexpress and explain what has happened.

I would still open a dispute on Aliexpress and explain what has happened.

I guess I could I just figured if it shows delivered and I have no proof otherwise it would be a waste of time. I guess it can't hurt though.

I guess I could I just figured if it shows delivered and I have no proof otherwise it would be a waste of time. I guess it can't hurt though.

it might push the seller to do whatever you need them to do. sellers dont like disputes. they are a black mark against them with aliexpress.

Contact seller to say it was never received at your address and get them to confirm where it was delivered to. Most sellers will either refund or send you replacement they don't won't a dispute as they get fined by Aliexpress

• Advertisement

I will, two more packages today delivered that didn't appear. Been at this address years and it never happens now it happens 3 times unless than a week. I don't understand, must be the postman

I will, two more packages today delivered that didn't appear. Been at this address years and it never happens now it happens 3 times unless than a week. I don't understand, must be the postman

There is an issue with ali saying items have been delivered when they haven't. It happened me a couple of times and the item shows up a couple days later

There is an issue with ali saying items have been delivered when they haven't. It happened me a couple of times and the item shows up a couple days later

It's the an post website saying it's delivered, no Ali unfortunately. Their customer service team alr ady told me the one on Friday was 'delivered'

It's the an post website saying it's delivered, no Ali unfortunately. Their customer service team alr ady told me the one on Friday was 'delivered'

have you told AX that an post have admitted the item was sent to the wrong address and that you need the sender to initiate something from their end?

have you told AX that an post have admitted the item was sent to the wrong address and that you need the sender to initiate something from their end?

Oh an post are not admitting anything, they're being quite smart with their words. I'm going to get in touch with the sellers and hope for the best.

:) my faith n humanity is restored. I put an appeal out on my local fb page for them to appear no questions asked f someone kept them after an incorrect delivery and they have appeared, so I’m a happy bunny again

Unregistered Users

China Post registered (RE.........CN) posted on 1st of July, delivered yesterday. Decent speed. :)

Edit: another one, same format of Tracking #, posted 30th Jun, delivered 2 minutes ago. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

I just got one today. It was either wish or joom. Label says Malaysia international hub and dated 23rd May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭septictank

Bit of hope for my older orders, I got a March 13th one from Wish this morning, had forgotten about it, it was a free zoom lens for an Iphone, load of crap lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭kindalen

Parcel from March 17th arrived today from Aliexpress.

one from march 6th arrived this morning. i had already written it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

I got one from Wish yesterday, ordered end of Feb. Still waiting on about 5 others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

I am waiting for something and unlike previous orders this one has tracking. Speedpak or something. Which tells me it arrived in Ireland on the 23rd. Its a low cost item around €10 so customs shouldn't be an issue but yet there is no sign of it.

When things from China take forever I always assumed its because its on some ship for weeks. Seems there is more to it than that.

I am waiting for something and unlike previous orders this one has tracking. Speedpak or something. Which tells me it arrived in Ireland on the 23rd. Its a low cost item around €10 so customs shouldn't be an issue but yet there is no sign of it.

When things from China take forever I always assumed its because its on some ship for weeks. Seems there is more to it than that.

I had one a few weeks ago that had hit Ireland about 6 weeks prior. bUt I'm also getting ones the day after they hit ireland, so I'm not sure how they prioritise them, it might be pot luck.

does the tracking tell you that it arrived in ireland or does it tell you that it arrived in destination country?

• Advertisement
    Unregistered Users

Another one, LX........CN format, posted 14 Jul, arrived today. But despite my name on it, content's nowhere near what I ever bought from China. Straight to the bin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

does the tracking tell you that it arrived in ireland or does it tell you that it arrived in destination country?

It says
    Jul 23,2020 - 14:34:00
    DUBLIN FWD, IE - Arrived in country

Seems its definitely here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭deandean

Slightly OT but has anyone got 18650 li ion batteries from China? Last time I ordered them they disappeared somewhere en route. I want to order 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭corkie

deandean wrote: »
    Slightly OT but has anyone got 18650 li ion batteries from China? Last time I ordered them they disappeared somewhere en route. I want to order 4.

For vaping or tools/torches (for adult toys as well maybe).

Why china? You get them affordably from vape stores here/online?
    If not try 'fogstar' uk website.

Two packages from AE have now gone to status "Accepted by Last Mile Carrier" (after being at Arrived at destination country for the past month) within 24 hours of each other (even tho one package was posted 3 weeks after the first one)

Thought hell yeah then checked 17 Track and now says "The item is at the PostNL sorting center" :(

At least they're nearly here-ish

• Advertisement
Advertisement