Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Monitor

Options
  • 05-01-2017 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭

I got a 24 inch AOC monitor, there are no icons showing on it and there's no sound either when it actually does work. I don't know is it faulty.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Does it support sound? Have you got the sound connected? If you use hdmi this does picture&sound. Otherwise you need another cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I only got three cables with it so I used my old audio cable and when I trouble shoot it says it's all connected yet no sound. It's not on mute and I have downloaded all the drivers. it's main feature are it's speakers which is why I bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Did you test it with another set of speakers? Make sure sound is coming out of pc. You need to select the right audio output.

Check to see which output it's using in the audio mixer, right click on speaker icon or something like that.

The sound was working last night with my old monitor. I have right clicked on the speaker and gone through everything and it all looks fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

is there an onboard menu to check the settings?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

I only got three cables with it so I used my old audio cable

I presume this is a double-ended 3.5mm lead? If so have you verified the lead is working? If it is try connecting your phone or some other device to the monitor to see if the speakers output that (might reveal if it's a problem with the monitor or audio on the pc itself).

The tech guy couldn't fix it over the phone, it took three of them to attempt it. I'm bringing it back, it's been a pure fcking waste of time. My headphones work on it so it is the audio on the monitor.

Advertisement