Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If I don't update this please give out to me!

Options
  • 05-01-2017 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭

On my mind for a while but watching operation transformation has given me a kick up the arse.

I am going to get fit and lose some weight. I am currently 115kg at 5'10".

Too heavy, BMI is 36 and my age is also 36.

But of background, played rugby all my life in the front row so am naturally large and thick limbed but was very fit and was able to play gaa at a junior level. This was all at 95-100kg, and I think somewhere around this is what I want to get back to. I will actually look ok at 15 stone or so compared to the 18 stone I am now. Not looking to go to 12 stone. I am strong too, no problems bench pressing 100kg or deadlifting 200 but ask me to run a 5k park run and I'm in trouble.

Moderately active, walk the dog a good bit and am a stop/start member of a gym. Diet not good, don't eat enough fruit and veg in my diet. Portions always too big too so this is starting point, put more greens and reduce portion size of everything else. For example, I would always have 2 pork chops or 2 chicken kievs when 1 would do just fine. Takeaways once a week or so. Generally don't have a sweet tooth and don't drink fizzy drinks so no problem there.

Do like pints at weekends though so will be difficult to give up but should be able to for a month no problem to kickstart this.

I have time, my work is very flexible but I need a routine and to be better organised, organistation or lack thereof contributes to me not eating properly and training properly.

Goal setting is best written down so here it is.

Lose 15kg in 3 months, losing the belly.
    Run a 5k in 2 months.
    Maintain my current strength levels (this should be ok my excess weight isn't making me stronger)

Changing my diet and increasing activity to create a calorie deficit is the only way to do this, I actually went to 115kg before and lost it went back to 95 by cycling to work 15km round trip per day for about 18 months, so I know it can be done. Stopped that when I moved jobs, got lazy and sedentary again and it's back on now.

So, I'll be keeping a log here as to everything I'm doing and not doing and welcome your advice. Early morning exercise to fire up the metabolism for the day will be my staple diet.

So, we'll see how it goes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

I'm also going to write up my plan for the next day the night before to keep myself accountable.

Exercise:

Walk dog 5km at 7:30 a.m. this is achievable as its a natural loop through a nice park beside my house and I do it a lot. 100 body weight exercises in total, push ups/squats.

I will be working from home until lunchtime then I'll hit the gym for a 45 min session.

Diet: Breakfast will be 2 egg omelette with some chicken but I will drop the usual cheese. I mostly eat 3 egg omelettes with cheese so this is a positive change.

Lunch will be a chicken fajita with stir fry with very little sauce. Normally it would be 2 fajitas with loads of sauce.

Dinner will be a pork chop with some sweet potatoes and veg.

I generally don't snack between meals so don't feel the need.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,802 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Do you need a bollocking to update??

Advertisement