Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stove

Options
  • 05-01-2017 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever used Ardee Stoves & Fireplaces for installation? Any good?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

My sister got a stove off them before Christmas - she was very happy with the service. Came on a Sunday and all to install it. Am going to visit them myself tomorrow as we need a stove. Will report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,920 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    My sister got a stove off them before Christmas - she was very happy with the service. Came on a Sunday and all to install it. Am going to visit them myself tomorrow as we need a stove. Will report back.

Will you check what they charge for instillation please.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Helmet

Will you check what they charge for instillation please.

I got a quote of 1100 with a 750 stove

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭thierry14

Helmet wrote: »

Inc plumbing, parts?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,920 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Helmet wrote: »

Seems a bit steep even with the parts.

• Advertisement

I was very unimpressed with them to be honest. The man didn't seem to have a great knowledge of the stoves, every one we asked about, he had to look at the brochure or go hunting in his office for it. In short, we were looking at about 1k for a 5k stove including installation.

We went to Bohills afterwards - they were on the ball, knew all of the information about everything & spent about 30 minutes going through everything with us. All in, we are looking at about 600euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,356 ✭✭✭positron

ShoeLover, what type of stove are you referring to in this case? Woodburning, gas etc? Also does installation also cover lining the chimney or whatever is required?

positron wrote: »
    ShoeLover, what type of stove are you referring to in this case? Woodburning, gas etc? Also does installation also cover lining the chimney or whatever is required?

It's a multi-fuel stove, called the Baby Gabriel. It is only a 4.5kw stove, we don't need a large one as we are not connecting it to our heating system. We don't need a liner as we have a brand new chimney which has never been used, but the installation does include whatever else is required.

Advertisement