Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hotel Occupants Question

• 05-01-2017 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

So I screwed up. I booked a double and single room for 3 occupants but accidentally put 1 occupant.

Does this matter?

I am going to phone them up tomorrow obviously but I just want to check in if this is going to be an issue or not.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Aragneer wrote: »
    Hi guys,

So I screwed up. I booked a double and single room for 3 occupants but accidentally put 1 occupant.

Does this matter?

I am going to phone them up tomorrow obviously but I just want to check in if this is going to be an issue or not.

Is it just for one night?

If it were me I would just check in myself and let my partner wait in the lobby. If you used a booking website - booking.com/expedia etc the booking is usually for max 2 people unless it says single occupancy on the booking.

You may end up with a twin room instead of a double though. I regularly stay in hotels as a single occupant with work and only in the fancier hotels and not always at that do they ask is it just me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Hi guys,

Does this matter?

Can't see it making a difference...does your booking confirmation have two rooms on it? If it does you will ok..just ring to double check in case they think you made an error in booking the two rooms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Is it just for one night?

If it were me I would just check in myself and let my partner wait in the lobby. If you used a booking website - booking.com/expedia etc the booking is usually for max 2 people unless it says single occupancy on the booking.

You may end up with a twin room instead of a double though. I regularly stay in hotels as a single occupant with work and only in the fancier hotels and not always at that do they ask is it just me.

It's for two nights. My mum, dad and sister are staying - although my sister could stay with us if necessary. It said max 3 occupants and you had to choose your occupants but clearly, didn't work for me.

Oh I may just give them a call just to check about the bed status and see if they can just write down that it won't just be 1 of them.

Thanks for your answer, I appreciate it.

Oh hang on you've only booked 1 room?

If so then yes it might be an issue.

harr wrote: »
    Can't see it making a difference...does your booking confirmation have two rooms on it? If it does you will ok..just ring to double check in case they think you made an error in booking the two rooms.

The booking confirmation says 'double and single room' - which is what I booked. I also can't see it making a difference but as you said, no harm calling. Thank you also.

Boards is always so helpful :)

• Advertisement

It said max 3 occupants and you had to choose your occupants but clearly, didn't work for me.

You'll probably be alright so. If you did book through a booking website I'd call them instead of the hotel directly.

It will ask for additional names when you select 3 adults but as you only selected 1 it will take your name as the occupant or the one you submit.

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    You'll probably be alright so. If you did book through a booking website I'd call them instead of the hotel directly.

It will ask for additional names when you select 3 adults but as you only selected 1 it will take your name as the occupant or the one you submit.

I booked through the hotel's website itself so it's only them I have to go through. Hopefully then it will get sorted.

I am just concerned that they will charge for changing the reservation..

I booked through the hotel's website itself so it's only them I have to go through. Hopefully then it will get sorted.

I am just concerned that they will charge for changing the reservation..

Did you book room only rate? Is breakfast/dinner included that's the only additional charge they might add. If room only no worries you paid for the room with max occupancy of 3 you're good to go.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

For safety reasons I think they need to know how many people are really going to be in the room.

Gave them a call and the girl was putting through my booking there and she was very helpful. She immediately changed it to 3 and reassured me it was all good to go.

Thanks for your help everyone!

It's for my graduation so I didn't want added stress on the day :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement