Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Honda Self balancing motorcycle

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,160 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Might be useful for below the knee amputees, on a twist and go scooter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Pique

Lumen wrote:
    Might be useful for below the knee amputees, on a twist and go scooter.

Huh? What's that supposed to mean? Like airbags are only useful for people who don't crash?

It's a fantastic innovation that may one day make bikes safer so people don't have to get amputations from crashes.

And please don't come back with guff about how bikes being dangerous is part of the thrill and how rider aids like this and ABS takes away rider skill.

I'd rather a computer allowed me to brake safely in a wet road than crashing and fuxking myself up.

Innovations like this are 100% welcome, in my book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,160 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Pique wrote: »
    Huh? What's that supposed to mean? Like airbags are only useful for people who don't crash?
    Here's a game. It's like Where's Wally? except with words.

Re-read my post and look for the word "only".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

It's a fantastic innovation that may one day make bikes safer so people don't have to get amputations from crashes.

And please don't come back with guff about how bikes being dangerous is part of the thrill and how rider aids like this and ABS takes away rider skill.

I'd rather a computer allowed me to brake safely in a wet road than crashing and fuxking myself up.

How? Looks pretty cool to me, but really is it a safety feature?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 aido43

Exactly--whats more safer? Its like self drive cars --I don't see the point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭GBX

:confused::confused:

Take a deep breath there ... as Lumen said those with disabilities who have been unable to ride a bike might get back on with this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

GBX wrote: »
    :confused::confused:

Take a deep breath there ... as Lumen said those with disabilities who have been unable to ride a bike might get back on with this.

Very few would want to i expect..those that do might get a trike..

Love this bit......Instead the company has taken its Uni-Cub mobility research and applied it to a real-world problem.........it easier than curing cancer..:rolleyes:

Advertisement